4/12/17 - Donuts & a late start

As most of you know, Lisa and I were married on Friday in a civil ceremony. Since a lot of you aren't on Facebook and haven't been inundated with the pictures in my feed, here's one.

Thank you all for the warm wishes and welcome.

Wayne
17799344_10154540004361947_5507216289677005271_n.jpg

Good Morning,

Congratulations Wayne! You two make a great couple!

Robin - sorry your allergies are acting up.

Today is off to a smashing start, as Gena was bound an determined that she was sick and should stay home from school. No fever, no cough, ate breakfast just fine. So needless to say, she's at school.

Last night we managed to find Gena a new pair of shoes, as well as get her showered and her homework done, but no such luck for me. It's a good thing its a guided learning sort of class and I can catch up on studying before the exam.

As for the shoes, they were on sale for $10 off the original price at Payless, so we got a good deal. Hoping these can survive until the end of school. She outgrew 1 pair, wore out a 2nd, and we are on the 3rd pair of sneakers in one year.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

It started out the day raining here, but should stop and warm up to the 70's. Near perfect maybe?

Finally got breakfast (Western Omelet) but the cook at the little snack bar forgot the cheese (which melds the flavors), so it was kinda meh..

As for the shoes, they were on sale for $10 off the original price at Payless
Generally speaking, I loathe shoe shopping. So much so that I normally just grab the closest fit at Walmart and do the whole "good enough" thing. For me, what feels great in the store is usually far too tight, or rubbing somewhere bad, or even too big once I get them home and wear them for real.

That being said, for the wedding ceremony, I bought a pair of black leather "Nunn Bush" oxfords from Zappos.com for $65 which are surprisingly comfortable (think plain-toe Military leather shoes). So much so that I went back and bought a similar pair of "Bicycle toe leather slipons" to wear day-to-day (same price). The problem is that with my foot (normally a size 13, 4E (Extra, Extra wide), is usually either about a half size too short, or if I buy a 12 4E, it's too short and rubs a raw sore around my tubby little ankle.

What really I need is a magical shoe pixie which makes quality, 12 1/2, 4E shoes for a reasonable price.:)

Wayne

Congrats on your marriage, Wayne!!

Sunny and in the 70s here. It's a beautiful day but I wish the pollen would stop falling.

I have a hard time finding shoes that fit because of the shape of my foot. My niece seems to have inherited my foot shape so poor thing is going to have a hard time as she gets older.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good afternoon everyone. It is a beautiful day here with temps in the mid 50s. Quite a change from 70s the last few days. At least it isn't raining again.

I worked at the crisis shelter in my southern county this morning. It was bad enough seeing the battered women who were in residence, but my heart broke when I screened the several little children who were 2 and 3 years old. I had to refer one precious angel when my equipment found an eye problem that the ER doctor didn't find. (Not his fault because the hospital doesn't have this super duper electronic vision screening machine.)

UGH! I hate shoes shopping even more than I hate clothes shopping. My feet were ruined from wearing 4" to 6" heels back in the 1970s and 1980s so I have to have orthotics in my shoes. On top of that, my left foot is a size 8 1/2 and my right foot is an 8, and both are 4E. Yep, I totally understand the problems of extra wide feet and strange sizes. Either my left shoe is too tight or my right shoe is too loose. For work, shopping, etc., I wear a certain style of very structured Reeboks. Thank goodness I get them at the outlet store plus get a 40% discount with my AAA card. For church and special occasions, I wear my Reeboks in the car then change into dress shoes before going inside.

Wayne , please accept another round of congratulations from me.

I need a smile after seeing the ugliness of human behavior this morning.

This is a copy of a picture that Wayne posted on Facebook a bit ago. My response to him then ...."Wayne, why do I have to drive slowly?" :)

red-squirrels-drive-slowly-wildlife-warning-road-sign-in-cumbria-uk-EY7PP5.jpg

Another pretty day here. I worked again in my flower bed. Front almost done.
I'll be outside rest of week except Sat. I'm doing something for church.

Wayne, thanks for posting the picture.

robin, I hope you'll feel better soon.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and evening.

Back