4-13-17 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today we're celebrating four birthdays. Troy42, TobyJ, friskie04135, and dtkssk. I hope all of you
have a wonderful day.

days-of-our-lives-cake-50-w724.jpg

Good morning a happy birthday to @Troy42 , @TobyJ and @friskie04135. Hope you 3 have a great day.

Currently having breakfast near Parkiament Hill in Ottawa, looking down at the Ottawa River and enjoying a coffee before heading to my meetings. The sun is shining and wishing i could just wander around. Not the case in Calgary though. I hear its cool with a chance of an Easter snow fall that wont stay but still.....enough of anything winter related.

It's going to be a long day. Meetings end at 4pm and due to it being the day before the long weekend flights were scarce. I leave Ottawa at 7:15pm and do land in Calgary until 11:40pm, which is actually 1:40am as Ottawa is 2 hours ahead of Calgary. Oh well, I am off for the next 5 days so I will enjoy a good sleep in tomorrow.

Have a great day and Easter everyone.

Considering how early we are all posting, it is going to be a very busy & long day. It is the end of the week for me until Monday. Guests arriving.

Kat: love that Days cake. Hope your day is lovely.

Muzza: sleeping in and afternoon naps are the best part of having a few days off from work. Enjoy.

Take care everyone and make it a great Thursday. :)

Good morning all...looks like rain to come here. Muzza, so you are in the capital of your country (like our Washington D.C.), a shame you won't have time to visit a few sites. That is a long flight back to Calgary for you. Maybe you can catch a nap on the plane??

And to Troy, Friskie, TobyJ & dtskk..
de87245de499f3421e384e80b4d27f9c.jpg

Wishing-You-All-The-Special-Joys-That-Life-Can-Bring-And-Always-The-Best-Of-Everything-Happy-Birthday.jpg

I've lost this picture and post three times already so this time will be short.

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I'm stuck in the office all day.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Replicon (the company we use at work for punching in and out electronically)? Time sheets were due this morning by 8:00. Well, my mobile app and the tablet inside the door both said I never punched in since Wednesday of last week. Hmm, very strange since everything was there when I left work yesterday. When I went back into the apps to show the payroll clerk what was happening, everything disappeared altogether. Then it said my employee ID number didn't exist! Thank goodness everything was still in Replicon's server. Oh well, I'm salary so I still get paid. It is just the constant aggravation of having to use a very expensive but crappy system.

Last edited:
I think your county office needs to change companies. I suppose they have a contract, but there are so many bugs in the program,it is really useless, and takes more time to use than an old fashioned time clock. :)

The thing is that we never had to punch in and out until Obama signed an executive order last October adding salaried workers to those who were to be paid overtime. Plus the time keeping had to be done digitally. Everything had to be up and running by December 1. Then several states sued so it has been hung up in an Arizona federal court since then. The expense of the buggy programming is outrageous....$60,000 and up. This has greatly hurt small agencies and local governments in small towns and townships across the country. I swear that either Obama or one of his cronies must owns stock or got kickbacks from the software companies.

Morning Everyone!!

Happy Birthday to our 4 friends with Birthdays today!!

Muzz - what a long day for you, enjoy your time off after.

Noel - so glad you have a nice long weekend to enjoy with family.

RS - your time clock system sounds like a nightmare.

Poirot - better rain than snow, right?

Raining here also, which is okay with me I suppose. At least my lawn should be nice and green soon. Really hoping everything dries up by Sunday so I can set up an Easter Egg hunt in the backyard for the kids. Gena and I filled about 140 plastic eggs with candy & toys last weekend to get ready (4-5 kids for the egg hunt).

Today is my last day of work for the week as well. Gena doesn't have school tomorrow and I figured we could use the extra day to start getting the house ready for 14 guests on Sunday.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Happy Birthday to our resident Days fans!

I went to the store earlier and picked up some lunch for my mother and me while there. I also took her pup a new toy, but he was more interested in the smell of food. Note to self: don't bring food and toys at the same time, lol. I've been sitting outside watching the squirrels, mockingbirds, cardinals, hummers, etc. and listening to a bobwhite calling. It's been a nice day!

Take care.

Busy day. Goldie chased a squirrel up the tree when we had our walk this
morning. I stayed home today and got my state tax return done. I'm glad
I did because there were changes from last year. Both my tax returns
mailed today. I just got home after going to a special service at my church.

A Guy, I found the cake picture on the internet.

robin, I hope you get some rest after your busy day.

I hope everyone has a restful night.

Back