4-14-2017 - Donuts on Good Friday

Noel

Reaction score
Blessings on this Good Friday of remembrance. Today I am taking a quiet day of reflection as this is the 2nd highest holiday of the year in my faith. Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

goodfriday.jpg

Good Morning and Good Friday for those who celebrate.

Lots of folks taking today off. I'm hoping for a quiet day to play catch up.

Tomorrow is a day with stepmom. Over to the new place to see what needs to be purchased prior to moving into. Shower curtain, pots, pans, dishes and the such. She is moving from assisted living to independent living. The current location has changed management, and staff morale has plummeted and services had dropped. No longer do they have a 24/7 nurse on staff, no more bus driver to take residents to the store, doctors' appointments or church. Weekly heavy maid service changed to monthly. And if you need assistance getting from wheelchair to bed, or the other way, you need to set up an appointment time and BE there or there is no help. They also are raising the monthly charge. I did encourage her to make the move, so I hope it doesn't turn out to be a disaster. We shall see.

Mood much better today. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do. I've had to stop two of my medications for the surgery next week and I wonder if that is the cause of the moods? No more pain killers, so of course more pain. But that should help with bleeding issues. Such a fine line.

Have a good day. And still no baby giraffe, at least as of this writing.

Good afternoon everyone!

It's another sunny, pollen filled day in the 70s. My allergies are in overdrive. Thankfully I'm off today.

Kt, I think April and Oliver were sneaking around like a couple of teenagers and their parents had no idea:rotfl:

I have a pork loin in the crock pot. I used applewood rub, wrapped it in maple bacon, and poured barbecue sauce over it. I've got macaroni and cheese, green beans, and rolls to go with it. Plus I'm going to make brownies for dessert. I'm having my Easter feast on Good Friday.

Robin, if there is ever an award for Best Stepdaughter I'm nominating you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

JS, I have 21 days l left. And still a lot to do. I've got to make up the favor boxes, decide how I want our program to look, and my mom and I are going to the florist Tuesday. Not to mention I still have to go to work. I think it will all be worth it in the end.

Good Friday to all. I did my Sat shopping today so I can help out at the
church tomorrow. I'll probably be gone most of the day. I went to
several stores looking for an Easter outfit. Not very happy with the selection
of dresses
. What happened to decent dresses? No time to get to Penney's
this time. Oh well.

April needs to hurry and have her baby. The month is almost over :)

robin, good luck with finding a new place for your stepmom.

I need to get outside.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day and weekend.

Good afternoon all, amazing how Mother Nature just cannot make up her mind what kind of day to give us. Sun was out for a little while, but the clouds took over, but it is 59. Not too bad, I'd say.

Today is my youngest son's birthday, When he was born, I brought him home from the hospital on Easter Sunday, and the nurses had tucked an Easter Egg inside his blanket. LOL

Gotta say, Days was absolutely a snoozefest today. Wow. Guess they just want to spin wheels until Sweeps, huh?

Last week, when my son was here, he got the dock in the water, which helped a lot, as hubby doesn't seem to have the energy any more.

Yesterday, I got my Easter fixings, so, hope I did not forget anything. Bought some kielbasa for tomorrow dinner (that is Polish Sausage, my friends), today is a meatless day for me....Good Friday. I remember as a kid, between Noon and 3 p.m. we did not speak, were completely silent, usually were coloring eggs, but no talking in our house during those hours.

Kt, I think April and Oliver were sneaking around like a couple of teenagers and their parents had no idea

LOL, this is Oliver's first calf. Maybe he didn't get it right the first few tries, being a virgin and all, LOL!

On the critter note, there are two mockingbird chicks in the nest I'm watching. Apparently the mockingbird pair didn't have a problem, lol.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. I am off of work today and I am so happy about it. I will never complain about a three day weekend. Today I wasn't feeling good. The last few days I have been feeling out of sorts although I did a lot of work around the house and there is still more work to be done. I am so happy with what I have accomplished though. I also took a nap this afternoon (although it was a restless one) and I think this is another reason why I am still not feeling 100%. I am hoping tonight I get a good night's sleep and maybe I will feel better the rest of the weekend.

Today's weather has been absolutely gorgeous. Right now it is sunny and 57 F, a beautiful spring day here.

I would like to take this time to wish all of you a Happy Easter weekend. I am so blessed to have so many fabulous friends on this message board. I never knew that when I signed up that I would still be here nearly 4 years later.

Wishing all of you a fabulous Friday. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Kat, picking out a good Easter dress isn't easy. I didn't see much during a casual walk through a couple of weeks ago. So I'm going to go with one that I already have but just can't decide between two dresses. One is very spring but the other one I haven't worn yet.
image.jpg

rs, sorry you're sick again.

red, I like the green dress too. A lot of the ones I saw had spaghetti straps. I tried
on a black skirt, but it was cut oddly.. Sides not as long as the front and back. I'll
wear slacks with a nice jacket.

AGuy, the blessing is tomorrow, but church is 20 miles away, so not sure yet if I will go.

Shrimp Scampi tonight...Am a bit under the weather myself the last few days, Boy, one doesn't know if it the weather, a flu virus, something one ate, LOL. Eeeny, meeny, miny mo.

@kt...no, the dock is a roll out, wheels at the front end. I wish I could take a picture right now, it is sitting completely on land, but the water will be coming up. And yes, one always has to pull the docks out come winter. One time, we left it in...the strength of the ice bent the struts, metal poles, and the tires went flat. Never again, Ha.

Poirot, I've seen floating docks and those with poles sunk into the lake. I just never thought about having a movable dock because of weather. Is your dock on tracks? I'm just trying to picture what you must need there in the WI glacier, lol.

this is about how it looks.......lol, gee, found a pic with it out of the water, too. LOL

See, if the water level goes down, you can push it out further, or pull it back if the water comes up too high. (Sometimes, when a lot of rain falls, the water will rise OVER the dock.)
$_58.JPG

Back