4-17-17 - Donuts and "Monday"

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Yep, Monday already. It started out good when the alarm went off at 5:00. Then went down hill.

When I was leaving for work, I found my mailbox smashed and thrown half way up my driveway. The garbage bin was smashed with garbage all over the driveway. Yep, fun , fun, fun.

I got it all cleaned up (and made it to work on time), and managed to get one screw pounded back in to hopefully hold up the mailbox until the mailman comes at 4:00 this afternoon. I'll have to leave work at lunch time to buy a new one. Thank goodness Lowe's is across the road behind my office so that'll save some time.

Last edited:
Malicious mischief? Or a car, ??? Did you report it? If not, do so. Whichever it is.

Good morning.....overcast, here, tho rain is to come tonight and tomorrow. Gonna be a gloomy day. I had sent an e-mail to my dr. office on Friday evening, I knew they were closed over the weekend, but my goodness, they called at 7:15 a.m. and I have to go in this a.m. and will see someone available. :)

Such a busy week coming up here for me, unreal.

Last week, a Dr.'s office tried to give me a 7:30 (am! :eek:) appointment. And it's a one hour + drive away. I'm going to pester them about letting me know if someone cancels. The next available "afternoon" appointment was on July 3rd. :angry:

Caught up on last season's Designated Survivor via Comcast. Pretty good, so started watching this season. Watched last week's episode (4-12,) and I will never watch another one. The left-wing bias was sickening. :sick:

Going in for a root canal, today. That should be a real fun time! :drunk:

Beautiful weather here. Have a pleasant, safe day, everyone!

Good Easter Monday.

Today is Patriots Day in Massachusetts, so all of the school districts are closed. And most won't have working staff. So another day to work on issues that I've not had time to get back to. Should be a quiet week as the districts then have most, if not all, of the week off. And today is the short walk to the office.

Yesterday, Hunny Bunny got a bit of heat stroke. We were working in a shed and it was warm, but well, he is a guy, and I don't know of what I speak of, so we ended up with the job half done while I brought him home and turned on the A/C to 65 and pointed fans at I also left ice bags on him. A shower of tepid water would be better, as I have a chair/bench in my semi fancy shower, but he wasn't that bad. Yeah, right.

One of my co-workers brought us some decorated eggs. She decorates them in the Latvian way, which takes onion skins boiled down to make a colored liquid (we save onion skins all year for her) and then take bits of nature and put on the hard boiled eggs then wrap in cheese cloth and soak.

egg1.jpg egg5.jpg

RS - I hope Lowe's has the perfect mailbox and it's on sale for you. What a terrible way to start any day!!

I hope everyone has a decent Monday.

Good morning. I hope you find out what happened, RS. If it was an accident, I hope no one was hurt.

I've been watching the birds wake up and get busy. I finally saw the bobwhite I've been hearing. It was hopping along the fence row looking for food, I suppose. Now I know what has been eating all my dewberries! No cobbler for me? LOL

Take care, everyone.

Morning Everyone,

RS - so sorry your day started so terribly.

Poirot - wow, talk about getting you in quickly.

A.Guy - the only people at my doctor's office at 7:30 are the lab techs and receptionists

Robin - wow, beautiful Easter eggs. Hope your hubby is feeling better

kt - enjoy your birds.

Yesterday was crazy busy, but very nice just the same. Started with singing with the choir for both church services. There was an Easter egg hunt in between for the kids. Then we went home, finished cleaning up the house and got dinner started. Then the 14 guests came over for dinner. I also set up an Easter egg hunt in my backyard for all the kids. Everything went really well with the exception of my husband pinching a nerve or something in his back while he was sweeping under the table.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

New mailbox, mounts, and numbers are now on my front porch. I also jury rigged the old mailbox better to sit on the pole and put the door back on it. but I don't know if it'll stay together. Depends on how hard the mailman pulls on the door. Hopefully it lasts until I get home tonight. We have an after work potluck dinner at the office for "team bounding". It is just for services, and most of us are friends outside of work anyhow. No need for extra bonding here.

I think it was either some drunk or the garbage truck that wiped it out. My mailbox is 3 feet back from the road, but my property is on a long bend. If people aren't paying attention, they end up in my yard.

Poirot - WOW! You lucked out getting an appointment that quick.

A. Guy - I just couldn't get into Designated Survivor. The first few episodes seemed like a rip off from Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan book with the same subject.

robinsnest - Beautiful eggs. I hope Hunny Bunny doesn't have any lasting problems from the heat stroke.

kt - Lucky you to have a bobwhite. There haven't been any here since the 1970s. Ruffed grouse are gone, too.

Amanda - Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. Hope hubby's back gets better quickly. Pinched nerves are no fun.

Good Monday,

Another busy day, another busy week for most of us. Idayt is a hot day here with temps mid-90s all week. The sun glares with no cloud cover and I miss a real Spring.

Easter was a lovely day. Today I have some touch-up chores [quick cleaning] and easy left overs for dinner. I plan on relaxing and watching 24: Legacy finale tonight while alternating to Dancing with the Stars. [wink]

RS - glad you have had time to purchase new mailbox/numbers but what a jolting way to start a Monday.

Poirot - now that is an early appointment!

A.Guy - I don't know one doctor here who makes appointments that early!

Manda- your Easter sounded lovely and fun

Robin - those decorated eggs are much too beautiful to eat

kt - love your bird watching reports

Hope everyone's day just gets better and better.

Last edited:
That early bird doctor (ophthalmologist) works out of a clinic that is very closely affiliated with a university hospital. I guess it has something to do with his having to be up early to make his rounds. :rolleyes:

I had a bittersweet early Easter morning. Had just gone to bed, and started thinking about how my youngest brother used to accompany the organist during a sunrise service hymn. He was still in high school when he started doing this. My brother passed in 2013, and I would pay a great deal for a good recording of that performance. I hope that I will get to hear him play again, someday.

Actually, I was really happy they squeezed me in. The lab was super busy, and I saw my doc's nurse practioner, which was fine. I had to wait at Walgreens for the prescription, never did get it, as I waited so long, although they said they would get it right away. So since I have to go into town tomorrow, anyway, will pick it up then. I am guessing that some staff comes in that early to get things organized, pull files for the day's appointments, read thru some files, read mail, etc. especially after a weekend.
Heck, there is one test I will having, won't be til Mid-May. And I am on waiting list for another.....as all appts filled for the YEAR. lol

rs........lost my mailbox & post 3 times now due to drunk drivers. Am on a curve as you drive up from the south, and there is a bar that stays open very late. Told one policeman, since no proof, that perhaps he could just stop in there some time, and suggest that perhaps the place observe closing times, and "sorry, can't serve you any thing further" when they see a customer has gone over the limit. LOL (the cop happened to live about 2 miles north of me, so they did know him there. LOL

After the last one, when the guy also flipped his car over onto my road, at 8:30 a.m., we moved lthe post back a bit, but it has to be available for the mail, and not in way of plows. Ha. (By the way, that young man was high on drugs, was not hurt, surprisingly)

The rain from last night stopped just in time for the morning walk. A busy
day at the school library. I got several books ready to rebind them Wed.

I'm still watching April and her son. Today they put her with Oliver and took
pictures of baby. April was upset when that happened.

rs, sorry your Monday started off badly.

Poirot, I'm glad you were able to see someone at the doctor's office.

A Guy, I hope your dental appt went well.

robin, pretty eggs. Too pretty to break.

manda, I hope your hubby feels better. I'm glad your Easter was a good one.

Noel, I'm glad you had a nice Easter.

kt, sorry about dewberries. Maybe the birds will leave you some.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Everything went really well with the exception of my husband pinching a nerve or something in his back while he was sweeping under the table.

I think I'll use that excuse, lol.

I'm still watching April and her son. Today they put her with Oliver and took
pictures of baby. April was upset when that happened.

I didn't see that part, but saw someone (just a hand in the camera) trying to give April treats. She wouldn't have anything to do with that. Guess she was still mad, lol.

Back