4/19/17 - Donuts and Rain

mandamiee

Reaction score
Yesterday was cloudy with breaks of sunshine, but today and tomorrow it's supposed to rain.

I'm working from home again as Gena got sick twice last night. She complained all day of not feeling well, I guess she was right. She's still sound asleep, so it's almost too quiet to concentrate.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Good morning. The charger cord for my laptop has a slit in it. I've been able to jiggle it and get it to work off and on for a while but now it won't at all. If I order one online it will take some days to get here. My only other option is to go to Best Buy in the city, 65 miles one way--if they have it in stock. Can't find out until they open at 10:00. It's not even 9 here yet.

We went to our Wal-Mart town yesterday. I'm not wanting to make an even longer drive today but my computer is going to go off in a little while so....... Oh, and the MacBook deal is you have to get the whole charger, not just the cord. That costs about $80. Ugh! Why can't they make the cord so it can be disconnected? How hard would that be?

Poirot, I hear you about the reading thing. I got new glasses last fall and have not been able to read small things with them at all. Have to either keep my old glasses handy for prescription bottles, microwave instructions, etc. or else use a magnifying glass. For some time I thought my eyes were just worse, until I realized I could read better with my old glasses.

Good morning! We've been staying busy. Between dance classes and t-ball/softball practices, almost every afternoon after school is busy. The little league they're in now started games last week, but Ava had to miss one for dance and there have been rainouts for the other games on the schedule, so they haven't had a game yet.

The school has had state testing last week and this week, so after that the field trips start. Annabelle will have 4 field trips and Ava will have at least 2, maybe 3 field trips. Oh, and Ava turned 6 earlier this month and with Hubby's work schedule and Easter, we had to wait until this weekend to have her birthday party and of course it looks like it will be a rainy weekend.

mandaimee, I hope Gena feels better!

OC, I too have charger cord issues. Actually, the issue is the port on my phone being too loose, so only the name brand cord will work and the cord itself cost 20 dollars from the cellular store. I have to get another cord for the car charger as well.

Morning all.

Gena - don't fret your momma this morning. I hope you feel better soon.

OC - I hate the annoying power bricks. My new computer has a "fancy" power brick. So "fancy" that it is the only one like it I have, meaning I have to take it with me if I move from one place to another for any time. Meanwhile, the other 5 computers in the house are all compatible with the power sources. So if you are in the kitchen you can plug in when the battery gets low. But not this little one, and with shipping, it's almost $100. to get a new one, so it moves with me. Blech.

Hey Rocky - good luck with state testing, softball, dance and all. You have to have a fantastic day planner working to keep track of everything.

Off to the non-a/c office. Whoo hooo! No coat needed!!!

Hi everybody. I'm already back from my first school. I had to dodge the raindrops which isn't easy while carrying all of my screening equipment. Amanda and Poirot are sending their heavy rains, hail, and winds my way tonight and tomorrow.
raining-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just bought 2 new power cords from Amazon that work with my Kindle, Kindle Fire, and cell phone. Amazon got them to me in 3 days without me having to pay for shipping.

Amanda - I hope Gena feels better.

OC - Good luck getting your cord. It seems that replacement Apple cords cost so much more than Android ones.

JS - I love black electrical tape. Sometimes it can even be substituted for duct tape depending on the project.

Rocky - Good to see you post. The girls definitely keep you busy

robinsnest - $100 for a power cord!!! Yikes. Somebody is making a high profit somewhere.

Last edited:
OC, is the problem with your charger wire near one of the plug ends, or more in the middle? Is one of the wire conductors actually broken, or is is it just a split in the insulation? Do you have enough room to strip some insulation, and twist the broken wires together? I hope you can patch it well enough for it to work until you can get one shipped to you!

Rocky, the abuse that cell phone charging ports survive is remarkable, especially from kids/teens. I baby mine, and have never had a problem... you should be able to hear me knocking on wood! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, all, cloudy & overcast, rain tonight, along with snow maybe, and rain tomorrow. Right now, not raining, but brrrrrr, 38!

OC....have you looked at Amazon.com. Last year I was getting some things, where the shipping was going to end up costing a lot, so got the Amazon prime, and free shipping for past year. But Amazon can deliver in 2 days, sometimes 1 day. even when you pay shipping.

Mandy...sorry Gena is under the weather, hate when little ones have stomach upsets. Hope she is feeling better today, but the weather is not going to help.

I will have to go into town later to pick up that prescription that was not ready the other day. Grrrrr. I hate taking additionals meds, one never knows what the reaction will be when taken with others. I definitely space them out. LOL

Good Morning,

As usual it is sunny, cloudless and 86?F at 9:34am. A cloud would lift my spirits. Weeds and critters proliferating everywhere!

A busy workday has caused me to push some errands to Friday. This week is getting busier by the minute. All of your schedules sound just as busy. Keep at it ladies.

Manda: hope sweet Gena feels better before the end of the day.

OC: accessory replacement is usually frustrating but JS, AGuy and others gave you great tips today.

RF: you are one busy Momma! Good to hear from you today.

Robin: glad you are not cold today while working.

AGuy: even I can hear you knocking.:)

Poirot: enjoy your errands today.

Make it a great day.:)

Gena's one fast healing girl. She's feeling much better and demanding pizza for lunch. We don't order super often, but I've accumulated enough points that we are getting a free medium pizza from Papa John's and I just have to pay the delivery fee and tip, $4.63. I think her biggest problem is that she just adamantly refuses to blow her nose, until I pull out the little sucker thing I've had since she was a baby. :rotfl:

OC - hope you can get your computer fixed for not too much money

RS - sorry you are getting all the rain

Robin - wow that's highway robbery for those cords

Poirot - Amazon is a good idea. I just ordered the cord adapter so I can hook up my 2nd monitor for working. They even have a program in which they donate part of the profits to organizations. I'm set up so they donate to Gena's school

If I missed replying to you I apologize, today has been nuts.

Hello. I've been watching the wildlife this morning. Mockingbirds are busy feeding young. Stumpy, the squirrel, was active. I call her Stumpy because she only has half a tail, yet seems to be doing just fine. I don't know if she was born that way or had an accident/close call. She has always had that short tail, from what I've seen.

I talked to my brother for a long time last night. I was laughing so hard! He told me his step-granddaughter, who lives with them, wanted to turn on the water hose and couldn't figure out how, lol. I couldn't help myself, so I asked, "You mean there isn't an app for that?"

On the app thing: I was at Walmart Monday, looking for charcoal, and saw an electric smoker with a Bluetooth logo on the box. I had to get a closer look, lol. You mean we can smoke our meat using an app now? Will anyone ever go outside again?

Take care.

Good afternoon everyone,

Cloudy skies today and in the 60sF. We just got back really early this morning from a wonderful trip to California. Luckily, my math class was canceled yesterday since the teacher was sick, so I won't have missed too much. The festival was fantastic (although last year's line up was better).

We met up with my cousin and her fiancé (they just got engaged after 8 years of dating) and her friends there. She said it's probably her last one for a while, so it was extra special. The weather was mostly sunny and kind of hot, although much milder on the coast. And we came back to a lot of blooms and more green!

On another happy note, my Cyprus trip is 2 and a half weeks away! We had a woman (who will be guiding us on the trip, as she has past trips, and is friends of my professors) come in to talk to us today about her family story and she will be holding some conference (that the students must attend) on campus on Friday and Saturday.

Gonna get caught up on a lot of work this weekend and also on Days summaries here.

Hope all of you have a good evening.

A cloudy afternoon and close to 80. Rain coming again tomorrow. So, I did my
favorite job outside. Mowing. I did the whole yard again. I'm exhausted,
but the yard looks nice. I saw a snake. It was black with a yellow stripe.

manda, I'm glad Gena is feeling better already.

OC, good luck with getting a power cord.

Rocky, I'm glad things are going well with your family.

DaysD, I'm glad you had a nice trip to California.

robin, I'm glad you didn't have to wear your coat today.

Poirot, I hope the white stuff stays away.

Noel, I hope you get some clouds to make your day better.

I hope everyone has a good evening

Back