4-24-2017 - Donuts and a Chilly Morning

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. It was 41* here this morning. Pretty chilly for this time of year. We'll get into the 80s* today, and 95* tomorrow, then another dip into the 60s-70s. I'm so glad to be back. My youngest son and his family came for the weekend. He brought me a new charger for my MacBook, saving me a trip to Best Buy or waiting extra days to get it online. We had a good visit. Our routine gets shaken up with three kids in the house but it is a fun disruption. The two-year-old is very busy!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on reading the days I missed yet, just partially. Hope everyone is well and getting off to a good start this week.

Hi all, I know I am hit or miss of late, just got real busy. Daughters have left, tho plan to return in a couple of weeks. Huge help with the auction, glad it is over, no idea yet how it went, but at least so much accumulated stuff is gone. I could not believe someone actually bought tinsel. LOLOL. It was windy, cold, chilly, only 41, so that was not good. After 62 on Sat., big let down. This a.m. lthe sun was out, but left, clouded over, is trying to break out again, and is currently 44, Again, windy. overcast, Brrrrr.

Glad you got a new charger OC...I finally got my new computer hooked up, but it has Windows 10, and my data from other programs doesn't seem to want to transfer. My daughter was trying to do do it, then told me to take everything I had copied onto a thumb drive off of it, which I did, but that did not work. So, now I have to copy it all again. and try the other programs.

Actually, I do not think Windows 10 will accept anything on older programs. Grrrrr.

Morning all.

Back to work for me today. Only no trip to the office that is 7 steps away. Still swollen and still icing knee, so I'll work from my chair with the poodle desk.

Muzz - what a couple of sad stories. I hope the mom gets sole custody. Dad's opinions of kids reminds me of my dreadful step-family. My stepbrother's oldest child has a pack of kids, and one of the boys isn't into sports. Can you believe that??? He doesn't want to play sports!!!! The oldest is going to college on a full ride football scholarship. The high school junior has colleges scouting him. The daughter is into basketball and soccer. Then there is this kid. He likes to draw. Then the baby who isn't yet in school is in a soccer league. The entire family is so confused by the non-sports kid. Needless to say, I avoid this family. I mean, I am taking care of their mom/grandmother/great-grandmother for them.

Happy Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Everyone,

OC - boy, that's some temperature swing for today. Glad you have a new charger.

Muzz - wow, what an ordeal for both families. Hope everything get sorted out for your friend and her sons. And here's to many years of love for your friends with the new baby.

Poirot - I hate when programs are incompatible. Good luck.

Robin - Enjoy your poodle desk. Hope your knee is better soon.

Noel - hope you appointment is as painless as possible.

Nothing too exciting for me going on. I finally ordered the backsplash tile for my kitchen, should arrive by Friday. Hubby is whining about the cost, but what else is new? I told him to stuff it and be happy that I should be able to put it up myself so we don't have to hire someone to do it.

It worked out to be $7.50 per tile and we got free shipping. The ones he liked at the store were $11.50 per tile and would have required ripping down the old tile, new drywall, grout etc, plus paying someone to do the work. I think I made the better choice.

Once the tile arrives, I'll probably start looking at new paint colors. All this black, silver, white and grey, just doesn't look so good with the sunflower paint colors. Ah, the never ending cycle of updating the house. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

@Poirot, non-transferability of Win7 data to Win10 will be a deal-breaker for me. I'm considering a new laptop, but if there are going to be problems, I can replace the hard drive, and add a little memory. Another option would be to demand that a new laptop be downgraded to Win7. They should give me a delete-option discount! :rolleyes:

@mandamiee, we are looking forward to photos of your new tile! Will you have to use a tile saw?

@mandamiee, we are looking forward to photos of your new tile! Will you have to use a tile saw?
I will definitely post pictures when I'm done. The tiles I ordered are more of a thin vinyl sticker than a tile. So according to the directions and the video on the Home Depot website, I should be able to cut them with a good sharp utility knife. I just need to scrub my old tile with some heavy duty de-greaser. Here's the example picture from Home Depot of the finished look. Disclaimer, this is most definitely not my kitchen, I could only dream of that much open counter top.

4791ccd3-44c7-443e-bc9f-c25b3cef287a_100.jpg

Good afternoon everyone!

Raining and in the 60s here today.

I'm not into sports either. I know the various football, baseball, basketball teams but couldn't list one player who played for any of them.

Working 3-10 today. I'm so excited.:sarcasm:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good afternoon everyone. It is just about 2:45, and I'm finally back in the office and ready to have my lunch. Screened at one local school then had to go to a second school for a health fair. That health fair was on the top floor of an old church school, and there was no elevator. One of my younger friends from another agency took pity on me trying to carry a printer down all those stairs. She yelled at me, grabbed the printer, and down she went. She had it out to the car before I even made it down the steps.

In my job, I see people every day that have no business having babies. The kids are the ones who suffer. Then most grow up to be just like their parents.

My brother and sister-in-law tried to adopt from the Philippines (they own property and businesses there) through an agency that shall remain nameless. After 2 years and $50,000, still no child even though they were asked to provide for her care in the orphanage. After the 2 years , they were told they were too old. GRRR

My location under my name says it all....I bleed Black & Gold for my Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins. I own several Terrible Towels, and my black car has a lot of Steelers gear in and on it. My refrigerator has Steelers magnets of varying sizes on the front.

I made a new friend at a senior center in my southern county a few months ago. A disabled fellow came in to be screened and have his glasses adjusted. When he gave his name, I said I knew how to spell that one....just like XXXXXXX XXXXX (football player from the 1970s) . He gave me a huge smile, and said "Just like that." His friend poked him, and said "She knows who you are !" He came back a little later (by then I figured out it really was him), and asked what I knew about XXXXXXX XXXXX. He was surprised that I knew so much, and thanked me for remembering him and what he did. Since then, he always makes it a point to come in and talk. A few weeks ago, he got his Super Bowl ring out of his safe deposit box to show to me.

Good afternoon everyone,

hope you enjoy that baby shower. Hoping for the best for those families.
KT, I'm cracking up at you thinking mid-50sF is cold:rotfl: But I get your point, having spent most of my life in warm climates.

Drizzly and overcast here today too, only in the upper 50sF. Yesterday the sun was out and we were at 66F. I mowed the lawn for the first time this year, and my mom and I cleaned the garden again after work. Have a lot of homework to do tonight. I got a chance to walk the dog earlier and go for a run at the gym.

My personal trainer texted me earlier. He's gonna train me for 4 days this week and 5 next week, to get me a bit more in shape before I hit those Mediterranean beaches in Cyprus:rotfl:. He also put me on a meal plan for this week and next to help me shed a bit of weight (I'm still skinny as can be, but this is for my abs). He told me the sessions are going to be extremely hard---I look forward to the challenge!

I'm not really into sports either. I know just a little bit, enough to vaguely follow a conversation if a customer tries to talk to me about sports. In school, I did volleyball and swimming, and I'm a Taekwondo black belt. But I just was never interested in sporting events other than that, besides the food.

Hope all of you have a nice night.

Chilly morning, but it's sunny and in the 70s now. Will Tues be mowing time again?
Probably.

I think people spend too much time watching sports, since I don't. I have too much
to do to waste that time. In the 60s & 70s, my family were baseball Cardinal fans.

Muzzaman, enjoy the baby shower. It's sad how many babies and children need
families and it's hard for them to get one.

rs, nice story about the football player.

OC, I'm glad you got your charger without having to make a special trip.

Poirot, good luck with your new computer.

robin, you need to take a picture of your poodle desk :)

Noel, I hope your lab work is finally done. I have small veins. lots of fun when
they need to take blood.

manda, good luck with your tile work.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay day. I went to work, came home and had a quick dinner. After dinner I did some chores, although not a whole lot as I started to not feel well but now I am okay. I have decided I will do one other thing and then relax for the rest of the evening. I will do more errands tomorrow.

The weather was okay today as it was sunny and warm. For this time of year it should be a bit warmer though and sunny days have been very limited. Right now it is partly cloudy and 50 F. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow. UGH, no more rain.

WOW, all of you here have got some amazing stories of your encounter with pro athletes. I have met a few pro athletes myself.

I hope that all of you have a marvelous Monday evening. Much happiness to each one of you.

Evening all.

A couple of years ago when working at Music Circus in Sacramento, we had a pro football player who was a featured actor. He was older, and crude. So of course I was the one appointed to handle him. Hard to offend, not impressed by ego. But was impressed by his Super Bowl rings. Yes, plural. Holy cow, they were huge and UGLY. Well, I considered them ugly.

I, the person who at that time had just removed the gold band. No stones,. just a simple gold band. and that was my only jewelry. he too had been knocked around a lot so intermission and after show was spent with ice packs strapped to both knees and one shoulder. luckily I knew how to do that so I was allowed to ice him up.

And now for all of you who wondered what a sleeping poodle desk looks like.

sleeping poodle desk.jpg

Hmmm, the one I got certainly did not have those kinds of questions, I must say. I ignored it, and they did bug me by phone. Seems to me some of the info you mention, JS, is easily gotten online. ???

Anyway, as I mentioned, my cousin worked for the Census Bureau, and I asked her about the stupid thing ...that I got. She said mine was legit...

I just wonder how "legit" some of those things really are, if they are that intrusive.

Back