4-25-17 - Donuts and More Rain

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. We're getting rain, but it is supposed to be in the high 70s F today. Warm and muggy is not good for this asthmatic. Yep, I'd rather have my snow.

I'll be off in a bit to another corner of my county. I'll be doing some glasses ordering / fittings / measurements for some homebound folks at a senior citizen high rise there. I don't mind doing it, and the people are very appreciative.

Love the picture of the "poodle desk" from yesterday. He sure is a handsome fellow.

Hi all, the sun is sure trying hard, was touch and go during the sunrise, but does a breakthrough at times. We ARE getting rain, big time tho. No idea when it will start, but it won't be long. Funny how there are blue sky, and a minute later, grey and dark. LOL

Good morning. We could use some of that rain down here. All of it has passed us by lately and this is our season when we normally get the rain needed to see us through the hot, dry summer.

We have to go to town today. One of the husband's hearing aids has quit working and Tuesday is the only day there is somebody in our shopping town to deal with it. Also have to go to Wal-Mart. Need to get moving.

Wishing all of you a good day. We'll reach 95*. Move over, Noel and Robin, we may catch up with you before long. Ugh!

A busy Tuesday morning for me. It is a "sister day" -- first one since 2017. Looking forward to a day of fun, chatter, food and shopping!

RS: how lovely that you care for the 'forgotten generation's. Bless you.

Poirot: when the rain finally stops in your area and the sun returns, the land must be lush and green.

OC: no rain here either which means a deeper drought. Hope your temperatures stay mild as long as possible.

Robin: keep healing today.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Morning all.

Unsure of where the poodle desk is. Perhaps in the back yard doing yard patrol. I know the desk will return most likely as I start talking with a client.

A slightly better night's sleep. Getting comfortable is still the issue. But knowing that this is short term helps.

At least I don't have to worry about weather. It's breezy here, so it's dusty and pollen flying everywhere. Soon that will end too, and we will have just sunny. But the pool will be warm and the knee will be healed.

Happy Tuesday.

Morning Everyone,

muzz - so sorry you are getting snow again.

Poirot - we're supposed to get rain later, but for now it's beautiful and sunny. Hope you get to enjoy some sunshine today.

OC - believe it or not, until it starts raining, my area is under a drought warning too.

Noel - enjoy sister day! Sounds fun.

RS - bless you for taking care of all those home bound people.

Robin - hope you can get some good sleep soon.

Not too much on my agenda today, work and then homework.

Last night hubby finally put the snow blower away. So we got out Gena's bike, filled the tires and I took her for a spin around the block. She's still very nervous about riding her bike and counts on the training wheels way too much, but I'm trying to work with her.

Have a great day everyone!

O.K. want to laugh? I know there is a very popular saying up here, something about if you don't like the weather in WI, wait 5 minutes. Well, folks, right now it is 66 above, the sun is still coming and going......but..........wait for it............tonight down to 34 and tomorrow high will be 36. LOLOL

Good afternoon everyone,

It's only in the 50sF today and drizzling. I'd trade this temperature with you, RS. I like warm muggy rains. Just doing school today, but personal training later this afternoon. And more thesis revisions tonight.

Hope y'all have a nice day.

I got back from town about an hour ago. Ended up having to leave the husband at home. I won't even go into how that came about. I was gone for four hours. It seems to take that long at a minimum.

I enjoy reading about how some of you are getting ready for spring/summer. I hope the weather doesn't hold you back for very long.

Hello. Late yesterday afternoon I peeked into the mockingbird nest (the parents seemed a little upset) and found the nest had been disturbed. My neighbor/landlord was over here this morning and said he may have bumped the bush with his riding lawnmower. I had asked him not to mow too close, but I guess he forgot. I reminded him again and he is usually good about that. I did count three chicks in the nest this afternoon, so apparently all is well.

The mockingbird parents don't seem too worried about me looking around, lol. They do perch nearby and watch, though. The chicks are starting to sound like their parents with their calls. It doesn't take too long for them to fledge, which will be fun to watch.

Memorial Day is "now you can plant" time. LOL

Here it is Good Friday. Not really because of the weather, but the moon phase (going by the almanac for best planting times).

We cannot trust the weather...have had snow on May 5th! With the early snow melt, thought we would get an early start.......but see, this week, and all next week, will be pretty chilly, espec. at night. One year, it was Father's Day before we could trust the weather.

Last year, I remember the stores had their garden centers going and the weather turned so cold, and stuff died on them. People were not buying because the weather just had not "settled down". I wore a very light coat on Easter Sunday, but have had to return to the wool coats the past couple of weeks. Heck, as I said, today was 66, tomorrow the high will be 36, a cold front moves in.....and Muzza's snow or freezing rain is to come for a visit Wed nite/Thurs. :)

A warm, sunny day here. Mowing done for another week. Rain starts
later tonight.

If you're an April fan, every Tues afternoon, they will have live streaming.

Noel, I hope you had a fun sister day.

OC, since hubby didn't get to go with you were you able to get his hearing
aid fixed? Or will you have to go to town again this week?

Muzzaman, sorry to hear about the snow. You can send some to me. If
not, I'm sure Noel, would like it.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Kat, that was a thoughtful question. My husband almost never has to go in when I take his hearing aids for repair. Today was disappointing and I didn't even know it until after I got home. I did feel a little embarrassed at the hearing aid place, when the technician checked out the aid and said it was working fine. I listened to it and it did seem to be working. But when I got home and turned on the husband's tv, the hearing aid would not switch to tv mode. The hearing aids are designed to get the sound of the tv streamed directly into the hearing aids so the tv sound cannot be heard in the room. At the hearing aid office, we had no way of knowing it wasn't working with the tv, since there was no tv in the office. Now I will have to wait another week to take it back. They are only in that office on Tuesdays. Thanks for the note about April. I happened to see her on Facebook today but didn't know they will do it regularly on Tuesdays.

Kt, I'm so glad the mockingbird babies are okay. Also glad the parents don't put up a fuss when you visit. I've seen them viciously go after cats and very large birds. I wouldn't want them to dive down and peck you on the head!

We're having some temperature swings here too. Today we got to 94*. A front moves through tonight so we're to reach only about 63* tomorrow! 45* tomorrow night. We usually get some chilly spells in May too.

OC, I'm sorry you'll have to make another trip to the hearing aid place. The time
Tuesdays for live streaming is 3-7 central time. They plan to get the family outside soon.
The little one already knows there is door and wants to go outside.

I had an odd experience when I was done mowing. I felt something
on my arm.
A bird dropped me a present. I have never had that happen before.

We cannot trust the weather...have had snow on May 5th! With the early snow melt, thought we would get an early start.......but see, this week, and all next week, will be pretty chilly, espec. at night. One year, it was Father's Day before we could trust the weather.

Last year, I remember the stores had their garden centers going and the weather turned so cold, and stuff died on them. People were not buying because the weather just had not "settled down". I wore a very light coat on Easter Sunday, but have had to return to the wool coats the past couple of weeks. Heck, as I said, today was 66, tomorrow the high will be 36, a cold front moves in.....and Muzza's snow or freezing rain is to come for a visit Wed nite/Thurs. :)
I remember in Donuts like 4 years ago, Poirot, that it snowed in May.

OC, I'm sorry you'll have to make another trip to the hearing aid place. The time
Tuesdays for live streaming is 3-7 central time. They plan to get the family outside soon.
The little one already knows there is door and wants to go outside.

I had an odd experience when I was done mowing. I felt something
on my arm.
A bird dropped me a present. I have never had that happen before.

Thanks, Kat. I have to laugh about the little guy wanting to go outside. Typical toddler. My 2-yr. old grandson stood at the glass door and cried to go out when they were here over the weekend. He did get to play out some but wanted to more than that. Oh yuck, you could have lived forever without that present from the bird!

Back