4/26/17 - Donuts & Stayin' In

Good luck with calling. My daughter had an APPLE problem, was on phone for 3 1/2 hrs. The thing is, whoever you are talking to..just has a manual in front of them, is looking things up, thus telling you to try this or that.

Last fall, bought a new stove. Store did not install, so had to call their recommended installer. Not at first, but later, every time I put the oven on, loud noise when it would turn on. Hubby called store, who said to call the main company. (Sears). So a repair guy is sent here from MINNESOTA, checks things, spends time, then informs us that since the stove is propane, he is not allowed to work on it. Only natural gas stoves for him. I believe the charge was around $130...no we did not have to pay, warranty, etc.)

So, I called original installer here, he came over, NO CHARGE, pulled out the little gas converter thing, which was askew, got it back in correctly, and Voila!

Wow, I don't think my phone's battery would last 3 1/2 hours! :eek: And, it doesn't help that call center operators are often heavily accented. :rolleyes: Comcast allegedly has a live chat option, maybe that would work out, in the wee hours.

Your stove story is a reminder to me to consider the power company's appliance repair insurance policy. It can include furnace/AC service. Have it elsewhere, and it has been worthwhile. Insurance premiums can definitely wear you down, though!

Back