4/29/17 - Donuts, Bacon & eggs

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Any way you like them, lol. Good morning, and just why are you all so afraid to start this thread? LOL, yes, I see some have been posting in other threads, Ha.

Sun is shining, tis 40°, & *I have to run into town as the police are having their "take back, collect old, unused pills, creams, ointments, powders, etc. day". It is only til noon, you have to empty all the pill containers, and dispose of them yourself. Hubby has a lot, being he is claims this or that either doesn't agree with him, or he turns up allergic, etc. Some of those bottles seem to be full, meaning either he did not take any, or only 1 or 2. He reads those inserts with all the "warnings", so then won't take the pill. Grrrrr. His one doc told him not to read those, ignore them, but....he ignores that advice.

A bit breezy out, but the sun is shining......yayyyyyy. Snow melted, yayyyyy. Take care, have a wonderful day, my friends.

Good morning. A quick glance at the weather map shows a good bit of activity going on across the country. We have 60% chance of rain here but it looks as though it has missed us once again. By tomorrow it will all be cleared out. The wind is blowing, skies dark and gloomy. It feels rather chilly out there right now, in the upper 50s*.

I've been down for a couple of days with a nasty migraine (yes, they are ALL nasty but some are worse than others). Have been taking allergy pills too, which help me to sleep through the pain and also help to keep the allergy controlled while the wind blows incessantly during high pollen. I need to drive around and check on some things but haven't gotten back on track yet. I had to turn off the pump to the watering trough the other day because it was never shutting off and water was overflowing and standing all over. My fix-it man lost his wife last week so I haven't wanted to bother him. The cows will just have to walk a little farther for water for now.

Hope everyone is having a decent weekend. Be safe if you have bad weather!

Morning all who join later.

I'm up, papers printed and getting ready to head to stepmom's. Going over legal papers. Just how I'd love to spend the day. Oy. But I have downloaded the videos of grandson playing hide and seek with my son. I'll put that on her TV and maybe she will be able to see it.

I hope the wind calms down. Nothing like a nice warm dusty breeze.

Good Saturday.

Good afternoon everyone!

It's 85 degrees and humid here. I guess summer is here now.

In one week from now I will be getting married. I'm mostly set but still have a few things to do. Plus work.

OC, I hope you are feeling better now.

robin, enjoy your afternoon with your stepmom.

Poirot, glad your snow has melted away.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

The rain has finally arrived. We were lucky and not much rain during the night. I've got
some video of the ditch that became a river. I'll try to get it posted soon. It's supposed
to rain the rest of the day and evening.

No worries at the library. The young woman had her husband drive her since his vehicle
is higher than hers. She shouldn't have trouble going home.

Poirot, the next time hubby gets new pills, take out the insert yourself and then he
won't read it. I don't read them either. I will take the pill awhile and see what my
body does.

OC, I hope you're feeling better by now.

robin, I hope your visit to your stepmom went well.

red, you're having a nice day compared to me.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.

Good Saturday friends.

We had dust storms with high wind advisories last night so this morning was spent carting out debris from our front/back/side yards. A lovely way to begin a Saturday. And the dusty winds continue. Ahh...a day in the desert.:sarcasm:

Poirot: your area sounds lovely today. Great your police do this collection.

OC: sure hope your migraine has eased by now and you are feeling as spry as always.

Robin: enjoy your day with the stepmother. I hope she can view the video as that would brighten her day.

Red: Just one week! How exciting. You seem more than prepared as anyone can be for their wedding day.

Make it a fun day - if possible - this Saturday everyone.:)

Poirot, I guess I was posting earlier about the same time as you. I have a notice that our opening threads were merged. The past couple of times I've tried to start the thread, it got merged with someone else's.

I'm having a lazy day. Just want to sleep. May give in yet. It is staying cool and breezy, in the 60s*.

I wish there was a good way to pass on unused meds. Hate to pitch them when there are undoubtedly people that need them, and have trouble paying for them. :sad:

@IamRed, is your wedding going to make you miss out on Red Nose Day? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening everyone,

OC, hope you're feeling better.

Robins, have a nice visit today with stepmom!

I woke up early this morning briefly due to huge thunderstorms. It's humid today, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it reached 90F!

I've spent the day relaxing and reading. I did go with my dad to bring the lil' ones to a birthday party. Came back, took the dog out, and going to see the new Fast & Furious movie tonight with my dad after getting some dinner. It's also my brother's prom.

Going to start looking for new jobs soon. We have a new general manager at the store, and she's just a real unpleasant person to be around. None of the other employees seem to like her. Besides, I've been wanting to leave for months. Now that I'm getting my Bachelor's soon, I should be able to find something more my style.

Have a good night all.

A.Guy, Red Nose Day is May 25th so I won't miss it.

Daysd, good luck with the job hunt.

The safest way to get rid of unused medications is to take them when police departments are having drop offs. Throwing them in the trash or down the toilet is hazardous. And taking other people's prescriptions is dangerous, foolish, and depending on the medication highly illegal.

Back