5-5-2016 - Donuts and Birthday Cake

K

ktspirit

It's someone's birthday! Happy Birthday, OC. I hope you have a wonderful day!

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Happy Birthday OC!

One week of school left. It's just going so quickly. The girls have Field Day today and they're doing a Color Run this afternoon, where the older kids will toss colored powder on them as they run a few blocks around town. They have softball games this weekend, so we'll be busy with that. I hope everyone has a great day.

Happy Birthday OC! Hope it's wonderful!

Good to be back here on Donuts. Had a blast at Coachella a few weeks ago! Still two weeks behind on Days. I might do some catching up tonight. I have to edit a paper and do some extra credit work before I go to work tonight. And we're getting Mexican food tonight (Cinco de Mayo).

Been getting back into the gym routine too. I have school tomorrow and Tuesday, and then it's summer break! It sure doesn't feel like it though, because for several days here it's been chilly and dreary/rainy. Yuck! On the bright side, all the flowers and leaves are back.

Have a nice day, all.

Probably going to be a while before OC gets here today. Had never heard of Cinco de Mayo until a few years ago, it was a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune, and when it was solved, I was going "what the heck is that". My parents were married on May 5th, so that is all I think of when it rolls around.

sunny day, here, actually reached 70! A miracle. Will have to start keeping an eye out for hummers, as they usually get here sometime in May. Always depends on weather.

Cinco de Mayo, at least in California, was and still is as misunderstood as St. Patrick's Day. Pretty much it is just a day to celebrate over drinking.

We are "COOLER" today. It's only 92 and windy so the dust is in the air. It is hard to appreciate the 10 degree difference from yesterday, but I shall try.

I'm sorry I am so late getting here. I've been extra busy the past three days. Will maybe tell about it tomorrow. Too tired tonight.

Thanks so much to all of you for the wonderful birthday wishes and for the fun and beautiful cakes and pictures. If I were forced to pick a favorite, you'd just have to take me out and shoot me. Every one of them is perfect! I will be going back and looking at them several times. Now that has me thinking of Lovo. She always sent me e-cards and I would play them over and over again.

My day was good. I appreciate all of you so much!

Happy birthday OC. I hope you had a great day.

After some really nice days, the weather has turned cloudy and cool. It looks like it may rain this weekend.

My mom has been in the hospital since she had surgery last week. She developed sepsis after the surgery and has been in ICU since. Thankfully, she is better and they plan to move her to a regular hospital room tomorrow.

Back