5-6-16 - Donuts and another birthday

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Manda.

I found a cake you can share with your girl scouts

images

Good morning. Manda, I don't know how to do the pictures but I am wishing you a great big bunch of happy birthday treats--whatever would be fun or special for YOU! I didn't realize you have the same birthday as my husband. I sure do love looking at the pictures so many come up with here! It never ceases to amaze me that you find themes that fit with the individual.

On Tuesday we finally got to the long-awaited appointment for the husband with the ENT (ear/nose/throat) doctor. Getting there was a struggle, but I was glad I had prevailed in the battle of resistance that morning. It turned out there was a hearing aid battery buried deep down inside his ear! It had "moss" growing over it and the doctor worked for a considerable time, getting to it and then cleaning up everything. There was infection. The doctor said it was about to get bad but it should be all right. He said those batteries can get pretty corrosive and can cause a lot of damage.

I told the doctor I find those hearing aid batteries all over the house and everywhere else, but I didn't expect to find one buried in the ear! Well, that evening it got even funnier when I was telling my niece about it and she reminded me of something I had completely forgotten. Sometime within the past year my husband actually had gotten another hearing aid battery stuck tight, way down in his ear. But that time, we knew about it when it happened and I was able to stick a magnet down there and so removed that little rascal. I have now taken charge of the batteries. I am keeping them put away, out of his reach, and when one needs to be changed, I either change it myself or observe while he does it, then I take the old one and put it away in the jar where I keep the used ones!

Happy Birthday Manda!!!!!

Fun day planned here. NOT! Out of dog food, out of chlorine tablets for the pool, and a work day that I need to get back to. I'll try to check back.

TGIF.

Mr. Gus has expressed his view on the being out of his food too. I know where I'm going today at lunch.

Another pretty day here. I mowed part of my yard Thurs. Even though Sat
will be warmer, I'm going to finish mowing the yard that day. This afternoon,
I'm going to spend time in the flowerbed.

OC, I'm glad you were able to get your husband help with battery stuck
in his ear. Does he notice a difference? Maybe that's why he kept falling.
Happy Birthday wishes to your husband.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of day.

KT - I do love Stephen King books and I still love the thought and sentiment, and that you remembered. :hug: I bet RS will be relieved that you deleted the clown pic too, I know she's terribly afraid of him too.

Robin- I ran out of cat food one day so I gave my cat a can of tuna, I think that was her favorite day every. LOL

DrB - love the Badger cake

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been an okay but busy day. I went to work, came home and had my typical Friday Family Dinner which is spaghetti, which of course is always yummy. After dinner I did some errands around the house and right now I am taking a break from it to write you all a message. I still have something to get done before the night is over. A lady's work is never done.

Today the weather was absolutely beautiful as it was sunny and really warm. Currently it is clear and warm, a gorgeous spring evening here. See I'm easy to please.....sometimes!

I wanted to wish Manda a Very Happy Birthday! I hope that you're having a fantastic day! :drunk:

DrB: I too love the Badger Cake. I went to one of their men's basketball games here in Toronto. :) It was one of the best experiences of my life.

I hope that all of you have a great Friday evening. Many blessings to each one of you!

Oh, my gosh, O.C. that is too weird about the battery...my gosh....glad it was found & removed....
it hit 87 today, then a short lived thunderstorm rolled in....and left this huge, double....

13139343_1504334002926135_1973309232448637405_n.jpg

Happy birthday, Manda. I hope you had a great day.

Thank you so much, everyone, for the well wishes for my mother. She is doing so much better now. She has been in a regular hospital room, and tomorrow she will be going to a rehab facility for 10 days for a course of IV antibiotics before coming home.

The weather for the past couple of days has been overcast, chilly, and some rain. I want my warm spring days back. OC, you asked yesterday what part of the country I live in. It's in northern California in a suburb of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Great news about your mother, Jen. Ah, northern CA. I've been to southern CA many times but never made it to the northern part. Beautiful, I know, from pictures.

Poirot, that rainbow picture is breathtaking. I can't imagine living near that much water. So pretty.

Back