6-1-2017 - Donuts & Happy Birthday

Noel

Reaction score
A very Happy Birthday Wayne!

Sending you wishes for love, joy, fun, great cake & presents!:clap:

candles-decorated-happy-birthday-cake-for-Wayne.jpg

Oh, my, what a great birthday for Wayne this year. A new wife, life, maybe even a new place to live. The very best to you Wayne, Have a wonderful birthday and every day.

Hi all, will be gone most of the day today, I am finally getting to go to out little mall about 60 miles from here, only been 3 1/2 years since I last got to go. LOL We are to be in the mid-70s, so perfect day for it. Was so windy yesterday, but it did die down. Have a good day my friends, I am just going to enjoy finally getting away. :)

Lol. Too funny, JS.

Happy birthday, Wayne. Enjoy the day and hope you get spoiled.

Congrats, RS....the penguins won last night. One step closer.

The other day when we took our neighbours for a drive in the t-bird and did a hike, we lost one of our original metal wheel covers. All 4 were on when we left to drive back to Calgary but when we arrived home, we noticed one was missing. I was sick about it. We both had Tuesday off so we drove back to have a look around because there was a spot where we thought it could've popped off. It wasn't there.

On the way out, we went over 3 texas gates so we checked the ditches 200 to 400 metres before and after each texas gates. We found 10 hubcaps/wheel covers but none to our thunderbird. When we got back home, I contacted the Calgary Thunderbird Club and long story short, a guy through the club has 2 of the exact same wheel covers on hand for his 68 Thunderbird and is selling us one for 30. PHEW!!! Very nice of him to help us out.

After all that I built another flower garden that took me 4 hours to do. I dug 2.5 feet down, lined it with a weed blanket protector, then newspaper around the edges for more protection, filled it back up with soil, put an edger around the top filled in more soil and bordered it with brick. My neighbour came over and provided me with all the supplies cause she wanted me to do it right. It was very nice of her but I wasn't planning on doing that for 4 hours in the sun after searching for our wheel cover for 2 hours. Lol. Oh well, there'd better not be one weed popping through.

Last night we spent 4 hours packing the tent trailer, changing one of the tires, getting groceries, new battery, propane tank, organizing food, laundry and now all we have to do tonight is throw the cooler in the car, hook up and head out for the first camping trip of the season. Can't wait.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Happy Birthday Wayne!!
upload_2017-6-1_9-42-44.jpeg

Muzz - glad you were able to replace you're wheel cover without spending a fortune.

We got our tiller back yesterday in wonderful working order, until hubby lost one of the wheel pins after getting tangled in the weeds. I was able to get a replacement (plus 2 back-ups) at the hardware store, but that put the brakes on getting the tilling done for last night. I guess, everything will get planted over the next weekend.

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! Sorry I haven't been around as of late. Lots of excuses. As Poirot eluded to, work has changed, life has changed and continues to change (all upgrades so far). Just haven't had a whole lot of time to stop and smell the proverbial roses.

Lisa and I are in the process of house hunting. Need a bigger place than a 1br apartment and anything larger here runs FAR more than a house payment. Anyway, started the pre-approval process and I'm hoping that today or tomorrow, we'll know something. It'll either be a great birthday gift, or a really crap one. Very stressful waiting around like this. If approved, we have a place picked out (3 br, 3.5bath townhome). If not, we'll just back up and punt for renting a place farther out. The commute will absolutely suck, but being able to rent 3x the place for 30% to 40% less would be nice.

Wayne

Happy Birthday Wayne. Have a good one. Thanks for all your work on this board. Here's a computer-themed cake.

two%20comps%20cake.jpg

And JS, surely a 91-year-old Marilyn would look better than she does in that picture. Surely, she would have consulted with Kate, the most irresistable great-granny in Salem (ask Stefano, Rafe, Clyde, and Eduardo) on how to keep her looks. (Who knows, maybe she would have added a blue chunk to her hair.)

Good afternoon. It's been a busy day for me. My mother actually got up early and called, so I picked up biscuits at Hardee's and had breakfast with her. We ate and talked, then I took her little dog outside for some fun. Mama wanted me to leave him outside in the new fenced area when I left, so I did. Apparently he wasn't happy about that, escaped, and she said he was whining at the front door later, lol.

After I ran some errands, I got home and had to walk next door to pay my rent. A woman I recently met in our new therapy group was there. We have discovered we share the same tastes in novels and have discussed some on the phone, so I invited her to my house for some books I was going to take to her at our next group meeting. It's been a fun and funny day, lol.

Take care.

Today at home. Cloudy most of the day. I worked outside around my mailbox. It looks a
lot better with the iris leaves trimmed and weeds gone. I planted a few flowers there and
in front bed. I heard thunder. After I got in, it started to rain. Last evening, we had a pop up
shower and I saw part of a rainbow. Rain coming again Fri through most of the weekend.

kt, I'm glad you had a good day today and your mom got a fence for her dog.

Wayne, good luck on your house hunting.

Poirot, I hope you found some bargains if you went out shopping.

OC, I'm glad the woman you talked was nice and didn't ask you too many questions.

Muzzaman, i'm glad you got a new hub cap. Good luck on your flowerbed.

manda, good luck on tilling this weekend.

I hope everyone has a restful night.

Back