6-10-2017 - Donuts & Reruns

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Saturday friends,

It is a late 8am beginning to our morning. I decided to fix cold cereal with fruit for breakfast and began chopping strawberries, bananas and blueberries in separate bowls. I got a new carton of milk -- then realized I forgot to pick up the cereal last night! Giggles abounded in the kitchen as I quickly made a cream cheese dip for the fruit. Something tells me it is going to be a silly day.

Wishing each of you a relaxing and healthy weekend.

Good healing wishes to RS, AGuy, and anyone else under the weather.

Sure hoping, Poirot, your septic sewer is completed today.

Be safe traveling Robin and enjoy your family time.

Good hectic morning to one and all. It is already 83, to get to low 90s..but there is a nice breeze. Hopefully that will help. Yep, the septic is done, they had to come back to smooth out the dirt (sand) they had filled up the holes. But all is working o.k. thus far.

Dark clouds have moved in and out a few times, looking ominous, like heavy rain was about to fall, but nary a drop. LOL. However, they ARE still predicting it for tonight/tomorrow. Figures with the rise in temps, the storms will follow. LOL

Enjoy your day, my friends.

Good afternoon. I've had a lazy day. My sleep cycle is messed up, probably from the new medicine. Apparently, I knocked a DVD off my cluttered desk and it fell near the space where Remmy was honing in on the little snake. I found the DVD permanently taken care of, all chewed up and dead, lol.

Take care folks.

Good afternoon all,

The clouds opened up with pouring rain and then hail and thunder yesterday all afternoon! It's supposed to do the same today, I sure hope not!!!

kt, I sure am glad that you have Remmy there to protect you from all the scary things on the floor!! What a watch dog she is!

Hi and hugs to all. Have a great weekend.

Good afternoon. My first day in a few to be headache free and still, I've just sat here most of the day like an old sawed-off stump. Can't seem to get moving, and probably won't, now. I did cook us some lunch though. That reminds me....I never did clean up the dishes. I'd better go do that.

Noel, funny about forgetting the cereal. But you did what my mother always called, "Make do."

Newt, all that rain, hail and thunder sounds pretty fierce. I'm sure you are staying inside and offering comfort to your doggies. I'm not sure if you still have two of them or just one.

Poirot, I can't keep up with whether you need rain or not. I always think of it being wet there but I know you do get into some drought spells at times. If you do get rain, at least the timing is good, that you got the septic system done first.

Kt, that Remmy does take care of business! I thought about you when I looked at the moon last night. I figured you saw it too. I didn't go outside though, just looked from inside, with my binoculars.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay day. I woke up early this morning and the sun was shining so bright. Went out grocery shopping to pick up some items that I needed and went to the mall to have a look around. There were a few things I wanted but only picked up something that was really on sale. I spent a little over $15.00 but if I had paid regularly I would have been purchasing the items for over $75.00. I am always game for a good bargain.

The weather is perfect today. Right now it's sunny and 77 F. YAY. Summer is here. I am getting my happy dance on.

OC: Hope your headache is getting better and that you can get on with your day.

Wishing all of you a super Saturday.

OC: just delighted to read you are headache free today! Doing much resting sounds like a perfect way to celebrate.:). My female relatives always "made do" so I learned from the best. I appreciate that compliment.

McSweetie: keep enjoying your summer dance, bargain and great day.

Good afternoon everyone. It is in the mid 80s here, but only 66° in my house with just the windows in the back open. Yes, there is that much of a difference between the temp in the front of the house and that in the dense woods that come right up to the back and around both sides of the house.

I looked up my address on Google Satellite View. All it showed was a mass of trees. I couldn't even see the roof. :rotfl:

I've accomplished nothing today except watch Netflix and read. Now in my rocking chair on the front porch, playing on the phone, and drinking sweet tea while waiting for the mailman.

Doc explained to me yesterday why I've had such a hard time sleeping the last 3 months. It was from him upping my oral prednisone dosage at that appointment. Yep, it turns out that steroids and beta-blockers each cause insomnia. Put them together, and it makes matters even worse.

So many here having trouble sleeping. If you're on either or both of those types of prescriptions, that could be all or part of your problem, too.

Noel - fruit and dip sounds like a good breakfast to me.

Poirot - I'm glad your septic tank ordeal is over.

kt- Remmy definitely keeps you entertained.

Newt - I don't envy you having those storms. I'd rather have snow.

Sweetie - you're a great bargain hunter!

Another nice day after a cool morning. After lunch, I finished mowing my yard.
Boy came over when I almost done, but I found him something else to do. I had
him rake up the grass from yesterday since it was so thick. I'm making poke
salad now. Third batch this year.

rs, did your doctor change your medicine since you're having trouble sleeping?

OC, I hope the rest of your day was headache free.

kt, sorry to hear Remmy ate your game.

Noel, I hope the rest of your Sat has been a fun one.

I hope everyone has a good evening and restful night.

Kat: love poke salad but can't remember the last time eaten. After your hard work today you deserve a restful night.

RS: those prescriptions combined have many side effects. Glad the doctor informed you of the effects. Your evening will hopefully be restful.

rs. sorry to hear you can't change your medicine. Wishing you a good night's sleep.

Regarding bargain hunting: Meijers was selling Johnsonville Brats for $.99 a package, yesterday. It was the "sell by" date, and they were flying off the shelves. I now have 20 packages in the freezer; some to be parceled out, some for an upcoming BBQ.

After 3 days of relapse, I'm very cautiously reporting an improvement, today. :drunk: Visitors will be barred this week; will be feeling like a real Typhoid Mary for a while.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone!

Back