6-11-2017 - Donuts & Strawberry Moon

Noel

Reaction score
Hello friends,

A strawberry moon was predicted for tonight. In anticipation - or insomnia - I just can't sleep. So I made some donuts for this morning and maybe one/two are missing now. Hope it will be a spectacular sight!

Our low is 81F and it is predicted we will be near/under 100 today. That is delightful because in the next 10 days they predict 118F for several days. Oh, joy. :rolleyes:

After church I think I will need a quick nap. Wishing each of you a relaxing and peaceful day!:)

Oh boy, Noel, you'd better enjoy your day of around 100*. 118* is intolerable. I once had two flat tires between Phoenix and Blythe at 117*. Also, 117* is the highest temperature we've ever had here, in my memory, and I think as long as records have been kept. That was back around 1980. Truly miserable! You really got an early start with the donuts. They sound good.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning. No reason, just woke up, wide awake, after only 4 hours of sleep. I stuck it out in bed for two more hours, dozing in little spurts. I'm about ready for a nap now. I have to find a snack first. I always eat a substantial breakfast, but no matter what I eat, about two hours later I get hungry. I'm not crazy about breakfast foods but I am always hungry when I get up so I eat first thing. I think because I don't eat much at night.

Have a good Sunday, everyone. Sunny and low 90s* here, with wind. That's fine, it will help get rid of the mosquitoes. I haven't had a problem with them up around the house but I've heard others complain, and I'm sure they are terrible down in the pasture, especially near the river.

OC: ah, the mystery of sleeplessness. I feel for you and can relate. When our circadian rhythms are disturbed it also alters our hunger/eating cycles. I also have no idea why I can't sleep at times. Sunday us perfect for a nap, in my opinion. I plan on one later too. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
AGuy: I still have a 'sound machine's with white noise and nature sounds. I love it but the definitely finds it annoying. So at nap time I always use a soothing nature sound.

JS: what a peaceful and beautiful surrounding you describe and I can understand your reluctance to leave. Time for your shorts and tee shirts in summer weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, one never knows, does one? About the weather, I mean. So, all week, the forecasts said Sunday would be 92°, maybe rain showers or thunderstorm in the morning. Even last night it said today would be 92. So, I wore a sleeveless top, with a lite blazer jacket over it, as church is always cold. It was nice, sunny , 70 °, when I got up at 6, til around 8 a.m. Then the clouds moved in. Uh, oh, got a bit dark. Well, I grabbed a raincoat with a hood, threw it in the car, off I went. Funny thing, as I drove along, the temp was dropping. 68, 65, 62. Then it began to rain, rather lightly.In the church parking lot, I see lightning, rolls of thunder. Put on the raincoat, grab the umbrella.

All thru church, could hear the thunderboomers. Oh, yes, raining a lot by time to leave. Had to go to store for paper, and a few items. And guess what? The temp had dropped to 59! Still raining, thundering, etc. Has not stopped.

I really do WANT the weather forecaster job. I can be just as wrong, and get paid. LOLOL

@AGuy......I purposely looked for Johnsonville Brats at the store to see if the sale was here, too. LOL.....$4.99 for a pkg.

Still pouring, knocked TV out all afternoon, still out, lightning has struck close by a couple times, maybe hit a tree. Practically jumped out of my skin. Tis chilly, definitely changed from the sleeveless thing, even thinking of putting on a sweater. And to think yesterday, it was just getting entirely tooooo warm. LOL

Hubby is bored beyond belief with no TV.

Is this Newt's storm of the other day? Yuk. The yard looks like a lake!

Another nice day here. The morning coolness has gone. Felt small earthquake
after 7:30 this morning. I trimmed the yard after dinner. I'm trying to get things
done since my visiting week.

Noel, Goldie and I saw the full moon this morning when we took our walk. I guess
the moon doesn't know it's daylight savings time.

Poirot, sorry you can't watch TV. Enjoy the cooler weather and rain.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday.

birthday boy and cake.jpg

The birthday boy yesterday. His birthday shirt was removed to prevent frosting issues. The muffin was vegan and totally wonderful. As all youngsters, he wanted to touch the candle, so this is a shot of dad moving the danger away.

As they live by the beach, and my sister lives by the beach, it was a nice cool day. Didn't get above 70. Heck, I'm not sure it even reached 70.

Happy Sunday all.

Poirot: sounds like you need a personal ark!

Kat: kudos on completing your goals today. The moon was so pretty. Glad you and Goldie had a good view.

Robin: your grandson is a real cutie pie! How nice to have such cool temps but don't get too used to them.

@AGuy......I purposely looked for Johnsonville Brats at the store to see if the sale was here, too. LOL.....$4.99 for a pkg.

Poirot, I'm sorry your local store didn't have that deal. The ones here were at their sell-by date; the store must have over-stocked for Memorial Day, and had to get rid of them. If I lived closer to you, I would share!

Back