6-14-17 - Donuts and Flag Day

Oh, my gosh, I just looked it up, and I just assumed it had been torn down, but instead, the village purchased it, moved it just down the road to the grounds of the Lutheran church. I guess a committee worked together to restore it, so...here is a pic

(I doubt the inside floors ever looked like these, sure didn't when I saw it, lol)

1381817459.jpg

this was done after I had moved away, thus when I went to the area for a visit a few years ago, and the building was gone, I thought it had been torn down. Bravo to the folks that decided to save this historical gem.

images

Last edited:
I'm so glad that building had a happy ending, Poirot. It makes me sick to see old ones torn own. I nearly cried when they tore down both my old high school buildings. My parents had attended them before I did.

IamRed, I would love to see your city.

I've had Shan on my mind today. I hope the day went well for you, Shan.

Here I am. It was mostly cloudy all day. Great day to go to the zoo. I took a lot of
mini videos. Had lunch out then bought clothes for my grandson. I wish I didn't
have to go home tomorrow.

I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Found some old cough syrup (no codeine,) and tried it. Finally got some sleep! Getting a fresh bottle, today.

Went out for a while, Wednesday; I kind of wish I hadn't, though! Stopped at a bait shop, and the guy had 8 Vizsla :love: puppies for sale. He said he'd been trying to get $1000 for them, but hadn't had any interest. Said he'd take $500. I love dogs, but don't think I should take on the responsibility, right now. Especially not a puppy.

Road closures have been making escape difficult, but I may just head on out for lunch, anyway. :drunk:

Have a nice Thursday, everyone!

Back