6-15-17 - Donuts and a Pretty Picture

OC, I think it's just a guy thing to avoid going to the doctor, in general. :) We hate needles, and waiting rooms.

Only pulled one stitch (dental,) but I like to pull my own tape; have my own bandage shears, too. Minor annoyances, true. :rolleyes:

Poirot, I looked up salt water pools. Wow, that was a can of worms! I'd thought they didn't use chlorine, and that's true in the usual sense. But they somehow make their own chlorine. I should have been more alert in chemistry class. :rolleyes:

I will be careful about spreading germs. No sneezing, or runny nose, now, and I will carry hand sanitizer. Still feeling weak, so probably will not be doing much gallivanting.

Good late evening.

I did well at therapy. They left the tape on I'm going to learn how to tape myself on Monday. I need to keep the kneecap in place. It's so much more comfortable taped up. Less pain and all.

Salt water pools use less chemicals and are supposed to be easier to care for. But I have a standard chlorine pool. The strange thing is that when I get out at night, and it's still around 100 degrees, it is really "chilly". During the day, not so much.

Roadrunners are such neat birds. I see them every now and then.

On to Friday!!!!!!

Poirot, I'm going back in the fall to the same school for my Masters Degree in International Peace & Conflict Resolution (it's only 3 semesters long). In the meantime, I'm going to be doing a lot of summer reading (including required reading for a class) to learn as much as possible before starting, and also applying for other jobs. One is a part-time job at a nearby library that pays between $13-$16 per hour. It only required a high school diploma! But they said it will take a few weeks for them to go through the applications and get to interviewing.

Sounds like a plan, Degrassi!

Not that I would be able to take care of a swimming pool, even if I could afford one, but a salt water one sounds like something I might be able to tolerate. I am very sensitive to chlorine and would not go in a regular pool now because of it. Only a little exposure gives me a migraine, and the last time I went in a pool, decades ago, I was getting numbness in my legs from the chlorine. So I see how the salt water could be more healthy for some people. But I also know how so many people go for trendy things.

Back