6-22-17 - Donuts and plenty of daylight!

Good Morning Friends,

Today seems like it will be long day of rainy, stormy weather. The storms started at about 3 this morning, and are predicted to continue for most of the day. I'm really glad we decided on Monday to book a meeting room at the library for tonight's Girl Scout Meeting. The girls will be doing a presentation on caring for animals and where they live and the like, along with animal themed snacks and a display of the animal crafts they've made over the past year and a half while we worked on the "journey". They are all very excited and nervous.

Today I'll be getting out of work at 1:30, which will give me time to pick up the part of the snacks for which I'm responsible. I get to do the build your own ants on a log bar, with celery and apples, peanut butter, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese spread, raisins, chocolate chips, and marshmallows. We're trying to work around allergies and have some fun options for the girls.

Lil0 - enjoy all that sunshine

Noel - hope your errands go smoothly.

91*, and rain, today. OK by me, as long as the basement doesn't get involved. :eek: Planning to go out for a while, for no particular reason, except that, "There's a lot of road out there!" :drunk: "Buffet Wednesday" was a success. All the right stuff, and I exercised portion discretion. :)

Take care, all; Carpe diem!

Manda: just love ants on a log and my campfire girl memories. Gena is making wonderful memories with you and the other scouts. Sounds like great fun so enjoy.

AGuy: kudos on your dietary discipline. Enjoy your summer day on off the road.

Morning all.

Don't you just love early morning meetings? The ones that start before your day does?? Yes, so do I. But then again, if I planned an afternoon meeting it would be during your evening hours so that wouldn't be good either.

Anyway, it's cooler today, as if anyone can really tell. Only going to be 113. I know amazing. So much cooler than yesterday's 116+, depending on where you live.

As long as tropical storm Kim doesn't start to veer west, I'm okay, and it finishes itself before Friday of next week, it's all good.

Good afternoon. I'm wondering about Kt, and Degrassi, and any others who might be in the path of the storm in the south.

Warm and sunny here today. I say "warm" because 94* isn't very hot compared with what's going on out west.

Trying to get some things done in the house. Daughter and two teenage grandchildren are coming on Sunday for a few days.

I wanted to let everyone know I'm taking Goldie to the vet later this afternoon. She threw up
and
she hasn't eaten anything since yesterday. My vet didn't have any appt so I'm taking
to an clinic.

A warm 77 and lighter winds today. I am really enjoying the longer evenings of daylight. My daughter and granddaughter came over and swam last night. I didn't get in. Too windy and I was afraid of my sinuses!

Noel - I hope your errands are spent inside with A/C surrounding you

Manda - enjoy Girl Scouts this evening! Sounds like a fun evening

Robinsnest - So glad it's cooled down today - LOL!

OC - I hope your migraine is better! Enjoy your company that's coming this weekend.

Kat - I'm so sorry Goldie isn't any better today. Hopefully the vet can figure it all out and Goldie will be better in no time.

Shan

Hello everyone. I have read your posts of the last few days (here and there when I could), but I don't think I can go back to appreciate all you share. I've been dodging some bad weather. I couldn't sleep at all overnight due to the weather radio, tornado siren and cell phone alarms going off. I had to hunker down in the bathroom.

I can tell you, Tropical Storm Cindy is not my friend and I don't want to play with her, lol. Then, I had to take my mother to a doctor's appointment this morning, as she insisted despite the weather. Fortunately, there was a break in the bad weather until I was almost home. I'm tired, but all the watches haven't expired yet, so who knows. I think it's all past me now, though.

Take care folks!

Goldie is spending the night at the vet. She's dehydrated and vet couldn't really
explain why. She thought she ate something and that might have started her
sickness. I was freaking out because she was throwing up and also passing
blood. One reason, I decided to have her spend night at vet. Hopefully, I
can get her late tomorrow afternoon.

kt, thanks for checking in. I had no idea there was a tropical storm until this morning.

manda, have a good Girl Scout meeting. It sounds like fun one.

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Oh, kat, sure hope all goes well with Goldie....that sort of thing happened to my son's dog, and it WAS something eaten, guess outside. Glad you took Goldie to the vet. Best thing.

Can imagine how you are draggin', kt. Thank goodness most seems to have passed you by. Wonder how Houston fared? (family there)

Manda...never ever heard of "ants on a log" til a couple of years ago, and then, still have not ever seen one. My girls were in scouts, only heard of S'mores and cookies. Ha. My son was in Boy Scouts, not there either. Is this something recent?

Had a headache this afternoon, don't think it was even a small migraine. I am just lacking sleep. Honestly, I just wake up so early and cannot get back to sleep, so only getting 5-6 hrs every day just catches up with me, I guess.

Have a good evening all. Gypsy is on turner Classics, but tomorrow is a real oldie...Rome Adventure. Gonna watch that, for sure. Did you all know This Is Us is being shown again from the beginning? I think on Wednesdays, but might be Tuesday. I did watch this week.

Ahh, Gypsy holds a special spot in my heart. It was the the very first show I worked.

This was a very long day at work followed by a long physical therapy session. I'm home icing the knee now.

Kat, I hope Goldie is better soon.
kt, Please do stay safe. Thanks for checking in.

Pool time now.

Back