6/26/17 - Donuts & Brrr

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up to discover a very chilly house, it was only 46* outside and hubby left all the windows open last night. I'm not complaining however, it was lovely to sleep in the nice cool weather.

Tonight is library night. I wonder what new books we'll come home with this week for Gena to explore?

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Good morning all, a toasty 49° here, coupled with early a.m. rain, Brrrrr. All kinds of explanations about this cooler front coming off Lake Superior, sitting there, why there was rain when none was in forecast, yada,. yada. Yep, more rain for this evening. Is it really summer? LOL

Also had to look up Leon Day, not much, but when I typed in Happy Leon Day, several different pages came up, all having to explain what Leon meant, and most say "In the United States".....sounds to me like the stores wanted to get started early for the "Christmas shopping". Anyway, guess OUR weather was cooperating with the idea. Ha.

Yesterday, the rain stopped in time for the parade, no mention of Leon for that, only walleyes, muskies, crappies & bluegills. At least on radio that was all.
Hope you are feeling better today, RS, same to OC, and IAmRed.......

LOL, I started a Donut post, as there was none, was called away, so returned and posted to find Manda had already also posted, looks like the same cold front has stretched down her way as well. O.K. merged them.

By the way, told someone here about "Leon" day yesterday. Never heard of it ever. LOLOL Me neither........

Poirot, it's rather amusing that we were both talking about how cold it is. I'm actually kind of happy about the cooler temps, the eczema on my arms isn't as itchy when the weather cools down. Such a depressing comment on the state of my life.

Gosh, it's quiet here this morning. Here's to hoping everyone is having fun or sleeping in.

Morning all.

Yes, cold front due here mid week. We will drop below 110+, brrrr is right. Of course the nice cooler weather (cool being subjective 107 vs 114) will happen while I'm out of the state. Hunny Bunny and I are flying to upstate New York for 4th of July. A nice visit with family, and per the weather heads at weather.com, we will have rain and thunderstorms most of the time we are there. Well, I won't melt in the rain.

I used to send out a card of the day and June 25th was Leon day. It had a picture of Santa on the beach resting. It was a cute card.

Knowing I have a short week is helpful.

Manda - last December after Christmas, I was visiting family in Houston and they had their tree up. She had two ornaments her kids made her for the holidays when they were in school. Very cute little Santas. I snapped a picture.

santa.jpg

It was a little paint brush, with googly eyes and a bit of felt. I picked her son's creation because it was "rougher" and less ornate than her daughter's.

Ahh, off to check the world.

Have a good Monday.

Merry Monday,

Just trying to imagine what "brrrr" feels like again! Woke up to 90F at 7am. Another hot one in the desert.

We started watching PBS' Great British Baking Show this weekend. I enjoy learning what they call items, pastries, and how they prep them. It is quite different than American baking. They use much less sugar/sweeteners, and more types of flavor combos than are common in the US. Anyone else watch it?

Manda: enjoy your library trek in the cooler weather. One of my fave things is to wake up chilly and need to pull up the top sheet.

Poirot: Leon Day is also called "Half Christmas Day". I have friends who celebrate it Sweden, England and even Italy. Their focus is on the special meals and traditions, not the gifts. I start my family crafting on Leon Day.

Robin: how I envy you going East for the holiday weekend. Wet stuff, clouds, wind, cooler temperatures -- you will never want to come back to our balmy 115+ weather. ENJOY!

Hope your Monday begins a good week for each of you.

Speaking of PBS, a few execs are putting together a Downton Abbey MOVIE. They have the original writer (Julian Fellowes) & are trying to get hold of all the cast members. They want to film next year.

I watch a lot of PBS at times, they have really good shows, lots of British ones. Well done. In England, there are commercials, sometimes you can tell where there WAS a commercial break.

Sun is trying to come out here, we actually got up to 56 currently. Not gonna even hit 60 today!

Forever SAFE⌛‏@Forever_SAFE 16h16 hours ago
#DaysSundayFunnies Rory: This is a cop shop. I thought there would be donuts. #Days

DDM_8u-XgAIdACo.jpg

Good morning everyone. A tad cooler here today. It was 52* when I came to work, and 65* when I left school a few minutes ago to come back to the office.

I have a full blown migraine now. Doc thinks that I had a variation of a silent migraine this weekend.

Noel - they have the Great British Baking Show on streaming Netflix. I've watched the first 3 seasons there.

Cooler weather here too. High only in the low 80s today. I hope to get out later today
and work in the flowerbed. Rain coming later in week so I'll be mowing this week too.

I don't watch cooking shows, but I taped all the Sunday shows on PBS last night.

rs, I hope you'll feel better soon.

manda, I hope you and Gena enjoy your library visit.

robin and Noel, I hope you'll enjoy your cooler weather this week.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday,

Good evening. Squirrel, I'm so sorry you have a full-blown migraine. I'm going to have to google "silent migraine."

Sweetie, I hope your health problems let up soon. Glad you checked in here.

My daughter and grandkids have gone over to visit with my niece for a while. They will be going home tomorrow afternoon. We've had a good visit so far.

Hey y'all! Weeel I didn't even get a chance to feel the cold today. Hit the ground running and it's been that way all day. I've built up a sweat!

Yeah it's cold here right now and it looks like we are going to get rained on but I love the cool fresh northern air coming down the pipe. Makes me homesick. Sniff...sniff.

Back