7/17/17 - Donuts and More Humidity

IamRed

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

We're currently at 94% humidity this morning which is wonderful for a migraine sufferer. Hopefully my granola, fruit, and coffee, along with my medicine, will give me some relief soon.

Noel and A.Guy - I hope the road to recovery is getting better.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good morning...did not have internet a while ago, but it did return. Got to watch the sunrise, which is pretty neat as the lake had this huge orange streak splitting it (so it seemed) for a few minutes. Like when the full moon makes a path.

You can probably already tell it was a bad night's sleep. But did get around 4 straight hrs. Then it was wake up, toss, turn, doze for 10 minutes, toss and turn another 40, lol. 5:30 I decided that was enough, and it was useless to try and fall back asleep.

Good morning everyone. The storms seemed to split and go around my house yesterday and last night. I could still see the lightning and hear the thunder.

Looks like I'm not the only one to toss and turn most of the night or have a migraine. The temps aren't bad, but the high humidity is wearing on me. I also started on the pneumonia meds yesterday, but have to call the doc today to let him know what is going on. I hope I don't need a shot. In the mean time, I have a large school this morning that is only 10 minutes away. Those kids better not sneeze, cough, or even breathe on me.

Red - I hope you get some relief from your migraine.

Poirot - Any chance of a nap today? Sun rise on the lake sounds beautiful.

Good Morning Everyone,

Off to a busy start of the week.

RS & Red - I hope you both feel better soon.

Poirot - I'd be absolutely exhausted. Since you already said no chance of a nap, I hope yo can get to bed early tonight and a restful night of sleep tonight.

As for me, I'll be ordering balloons for the Girl Scout Bridging ceremony tomorrow night and I need to get plates, cups, forks, and the ingredients for the punch. I also need to print off the questionnaires for the girls to vote on a troop crest. They won't know what image they actually pick until after the vote, as they'll be choosing based on what the crests stand for and what they want to accomplish as a troop. I'm very curious to see what they'll vote for. I'll let you all know what they decide on Wednesday.

Have a great day everyone!

The storm that was filmed last night was just wind and lightning. About 15 minutes after that was filmed, the storm moved closer and the booms and rain for the next couple of minutes, combined with the wind, were intense. Then the storm moved off, so I didn't hear the booms, but the flashes continued for another hour or so. Not exactly making for a peaceful night.

Going to be a cooler day, but heavy air.

Maybe tonight I'll get to bed early and catch up on some sleep.

Noel and A.Guy - continue on the path to wellness.

Manda - something cool to look forward to on Wednesday. Don't keep us waiting too long!!!!

Off to a Monday.

I'm back from school already. There were only 28 kids present out of 60. :rolleyes: The ones who were there are the ones who have a good support system at home. The kids who were absent are the ones who really needed to be in summer school to be ready for kindergarten. :angry: Oh well, at least this is my last time to deal with their parents (who don't parent) after 3 years of it.

Amanda - That is very nice to have the girls vote on the crest. I bet they're excited about the Bridge ceremony.

robinsnest - I have to admit that your storm video scared the beegeezers out of me. Can you tell that I don't do well with loud noisy storms? I do better during the day when I can see what's going on.

Good morning. I'm hoping for a quiet day. So far, so good. It may rain again this afternoon, those pop-up thunderstorms. I'm really tired of hearing the weather radio go off! It is a little cooler with a high of 85* F. We are at 84* now, so I'll see.

Take care everyone.

RS - I don't think they totally understood what it was all about until the last meeting when the Brownie troop met with us and told us about the fun stuff they've done, now they are super excited, the best part is the only 1 who knows they are getting their new vests tomorrow is Gena, so they will all get a big surprise when they walk across the bridge. :clap: It only seemed right to let the girls choose the crest, they all mean such different things, and I know which one I like, but I think the girls need to choose so we as leaders know what direction & goals we're leading towards. It helps the girls feel empowered and important.

Sorry you didn't get the turnout you were expecting, shame on those parents for not taking better care of their kids.

robin, I'll even post the picture of what we end up with. :)

Good Morning

Storms on this time last night were loud and heavy post a dust storm. Hospital lost power but back up generator reset it. A transformer nearby hit with lightning. It is cooler temperatures, dew point was 89%. Some of you may giggle at that being called high because you live where summer means 199% daily. But for here it is miserable.

Well the nurse just said "they're coming for you in a few moments". Sounds like a one way trip to what Gran called "the funny farm".:clap: Time for tests: scanning, scoping, probing and sticking. Oh joy. Hoping someone has valium before the scoping.

Take care everyone.

Still having our nice weather. Someone mentioned on here about being surprised they had to water so often. Here, where we live, our sprinkler systems run for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening and some lawns are looking dead. It isn't enough.

Noel - I sure hope everything is getting better for you.

Imared - hope your migraine is better. Your humidity shocks me! Ours is 17% and it seems muggy!

Poirot - I hope you get a nap today.

RS - I'm glad the storms skirted around you. Hopefully your humidity will drop some also. I feel for the children that have parents that do not put forth an effort. They don't have a chance.

Manda - I bet the girls will be so excited tomorrow. You're making it all so special. I hope they appreciate you. Please post pictures!

Robinsnest - Thanks for the video. I love storms like that. I like to sit on the back deck and watch.

JS - I probably will be hated for this statement, but I have always said they need to make it a law after so many babies born to mothers on state help, they need to have their tubes tied.

Have a great day!

Another hot day. It's Monday so I did my usual Monday chore. I'm having a procedure
done on my toe on Wed so I'll have to get the yard looking better before it's done.

Sorry to hear about all the sleepless nights and migraines today. I hope everyone is feeling
better by now and sleep well tonight.

manda, have a good meeting tomorrow. I hope someone will take pictures.

Noel, I hope your testing went well.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Good evening all,

Weather here the past few days has been muggy and hot, sometimes with a passing drizzle or dark few clouds with thunder. I mowed the lawn today and did a ton of yard work, and then went on a run at the gym. I did my personal training session yesterday, which went well. Have another one tomorrow afternoon, too. I'd forgotten how much I loved fitness---since my second semester of junior year, I'd been going to the gym or training only very occasionally, due to school/work/traveling.

Getting to work on another lab tonight. Hope everyone has a nice night. Feel better for all those who are tired and feeling ill.

Back