7-26-2016 - Donuts & Tea

Noel

Reaction score
A good morning my friends!

It is 3:47am and 93F outside. We're headed to 114F today. And, of course, another evening dust storm. I am definitely counting the days to October when temperatures hover about 100F.

Like most of you, I have a very busy schedule with work/family/errands today. Wishing each of you a successful and wonderful day.

God Bless you.

Good morning everyone. It'll be another hot and humid day here. It'll be just my luck to end up in a windowless room with no air conditioning at today's school. Most of our school buildings don't have AC because they're normally empty in the summer. :( Thank goodness this is my last school until the end of August.

Noel - Your heat sounds bad enough, but I definitely couldn't cope with the dust storms that you and robinsnest have.

Morning Everyone,

High temps for today will be about 87*, was only 71* when I was on my way to work. I've got training at work today from 8 until 11:30 so I won't be around much for awhile.

Noel - stay cool in the heat

RS - hope they find you a nice cool spot at the school today. I agree most schools around here don't have air conditioning either, although some have small A/C units in the office/nurses room. Like you said, most of them are mostly empty in the summer.

Happy Tuesday!

I would die in that heat. Thankfully the South always had A/C.

I get extremely uncomfortable when the temp in my house rises above what the thermostat is set at, even in the winter. Our high today is 97° with 81% humidity.

School starts on the 8th. I just found out yesterday that my youngest will not have a ride this year. We will have to figure out how the bus system works for the early college because it runs different than the regular school system.

Okay, no more cigarettes, no excuses. I had quit for many years and then started again with TR in my life. I do not have to buy a pack because some of the stores around here sell loosies, which are two cigarettes for a dollar. Always Newports, which is fine because that is my cigarette of choice. It is too easy to just hit the drive-thru store and get a couple every day but I am tired of it really. Just a bad habit, not exactly the smoking but the repetitiveness of buying a couple every day.

Good day to you all!

RED - our schools in Indy did not have A/C but at least we could open the window. So hoping your room has at least one window.

MANDA - stay as cool as possible today.

YPG - good start by making a healthier life choice. You have my support. You can do this.

Good morning, twas sunny & clear, but becoming somewhat overcast. Yep...the proverbial "chance:" of rain. 76 now, am thinking gonna be on a par with Mandy, probably. Lots of odds & ends today, as still trying to "catch up" with things I did put aside to "take care of later". Ugh.
Is there not some saying to the effect "the faster I go, the behinder I get"??? LOL

Well, I checked, guess there definitely must be that saying, as look what I found

the_faster_i_go_the_behinder_i_get_ringer_coffee_mug-re7a7448518304ac59d33709c29127505_x7jpr_8byvr_512.jpg

Quiet morning here. Baby still sleeping, everyone home.

I leave for the mountains tomorrow morning, as the folks who had it before me have left. They left early and I have tickets to the theatre where I used to work.

It's warm here in Sacramento but not as bad as back home, and no dust storms.

Have a great Tuesday.

Nice and warm here also - 91 today! We spent the evening swimming in the pool and then I tried working in the garden after an hour of that I became so hot I jumped back in the pool. The days are flying by way too fast.

JS - I loved your book you posted yesterday. That has to be worth some money - but I love old books like that.

Stay cool
Shan

I'm not lost, I didn't realize shopping day would meant all day. My two lady friends
and I started out at 9:30. I got home around 5:30. We went to retail/resale shops.
I made a small list and found everything, but summer shoes. We ate at the Cracker
Barrel. I bought something so I can leftovers a couple of days.

The last shop we went to we won't go again. No bargain prices. It started raining when
we were inside and it's still raining. Goldie and cat outside all day. That's ok, since
it wasn't as hot as last week.

YPG, good luck on stopping smoking.

rs, I'm glad your school visits are over during the hot weather.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day and evening.

Last edited:
Good evening. I had to go to town this morning to get a tire fixed. But they couldn't fix it because it had two nails in it too close together to patch both spots. So, I'm on my spare for a few days. My mom stopped by today to drop off some clothes from my sister-in-law and to visit for a bit. Oh, and I have a mini-harvest of small pumpkins...totally unexpected. Some of the seeds from the pumpkins we had leftover and fed the pigs after Halloween took root and grew to the west of our pig pens. I have about 3 pie pumpkins and several handfuls of mini pumpkins. Every time I see them, I start wishing for fall weather.

Back