7-27-2016 - Donuts and Internet Problems

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
Good morning. Thought I'd better post while I can. Haven't read yesterday's yet. My internet has been down and can you believe, my new hot spot (jet pack) won't work. I can't even get it to turn on! I'm probably doing something wrong but I'll have to take it in to Verizon to let them look at it. I've been using it some since I got it but yesterday it wouldn't come on at all.

My niece and I are going to get out while it's not so hot and do some checking out of various things that need attention. Hope I can check in later. Have a good day, everyone

Good morning.....have been having some internet problems as well. Either terribly slow for only SOME sites, or they won't load up at all. And while I know my desktop is old, old, & no longer can receive updates from any thing........it should not happen to the laptop, and yet it does. So???

Jim dandy storm began last night, continuing now. Was around 10 p.m. Lost TV for a while, but it came on after 15-20 min., so was not bad, but gosh, the lightning was fierce.

Today a FEMA group has come to our town to assess the damage in NW Wisc. from the previous huge storm on July 11. We have washed out roads, bridges, plus the homes that suffered damage.Trees came down on homes, etc. etc.

OC, wishing you the best, know the frustration.....aren't you going out to feed the cows today?

A rainy morning here. Goldie and I only got part of walk done before the downpour.
I was going to work in my side bed today. Maybe I can tomorrow. The high should be
in the 80s, but feel like the 90s. Better than last week.

OC, good luck getting your hot spot to work.

Poirot, I hope the stormy weather is over for you.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Morning Everyone,

Oh Barb, you were the first person I thought of when I saw that storms were rolling through NW Wisconsin again. I hope and pray that you are safe up there. Glad FEMA is there to help.

OC - hope your internet starts working soon.

Kat - hope the rain isn't too bad for you.

Vacation Bible School starts tonight, I feel very unprepared this year, but I know everything will go just fine. We only have 6 kids registered so it should be rather quiet.

My new desktop computer has been been on the fritz for the past 2 weeks. My stepson, who works in the IT department at his company, took it home to try to get it back up and running. I like his prices better than the Geek Squad. He only charges me 1 hot meal. He got chicken and cheddar broccoli rice. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone!

Hot and humid as usual here today. I think we have a heat advisory for this afternoon.

Stay safe with all those storms, Poirot.

Your stepson has very fair prices, manda.

kat, I hope you get to work in your flower bed soon.

Hope your internet gets fixed, OC.

I ordered my wedding dress yesterday. It was the second dress I tried on. I knew it was the one but tried on two more just to pacify my mom. So that's one thing off my list. We're getting married in May so I have a lot to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and stays cool!

Good afternoon everybody. I was out most of the day for a training on palliative care. At least the site was air conditioned after being in those hot schools all month. Plus they served us breakfast of ham & spinach quiche and fresh fruit salad. Yum.

OC - I hope they get your internet straightened around.

Poirot - I hope FEMA works quickly to get things taken care of. The damage probably kept a lot of tourists away to screw up the state's summer economy.

Kat - I don't know how you and kt can work outside in that heat and humidity every day. I bet your flower beds are gorgeous.

Amanda - I bet you're a great vacation Bible school teacher.

Red - Congratulations on finding a dress that you love without having to go on a gazillion marathon shopping trips.

Poirot - your weather just doesn't stop! I was in the pool with Ember last night and I could see it coming and she just kept wanting one more minute Nana - until I just had to grab her and run for the garage. But ours hit hard and was gone in about an hour, thank goodness. Good luck.

OC - Hopefully your internet will come back around without having to take it all in. Nothing more frustrating when you want to just sit down for a few and can get nowhere.

Kat - I hope your rain stops soon. I know how you love being outside in the yard. It's just been too hot until the sun starts going down.

Red - How cool is that about your dress! May weddings are so nice too! It will be here before you know it though!

Amanda - have fun at Vacation Bible School. Ours are all during the day here. All day and the kids really get a kick out of it. Good luck!

RS - your job sounds so interesting. Something new every day! I bet you have come across a lot of good & bad.

Have a good day everyone
Shan

I've been wanting to take pictures of my flowerbeds. I need to soon because the heat
got to the petunias. It was sunny for about an hour today. Now it's cloudy and I hear
thunder. I go out early in the AM and after 5 in the PM when it's hot. I hope I can get
out soon, but rain in forecast the rest of the week.

Heard this morning that the Weather Bureau has announced that the entire midwest is going to be "much warmer than usual" for the next THREE MONTHS!!!

Here's link to the video I made of my flowerbed. There was a problem downloading, but
you can see most of it

Heard this morning that the Weather Bureau has announced that the entire midwest is going to be "much warmer than usual" for the next THREE MONTHS!!!
:cry::cry::cry: and that's all I have to say about that.

Shan - most of the kids at our church have 2 working parents, so in order to have anyone attend we have Vacation Bible School in the evening. It makes for very long days for me, but the kids are great, and we have a lot of fun. Gena did attend an all day Vacation Bible School with my mom and loved it.

Raining again here, or should I say...still raining here. Wow, this is all day, except the temp began dropping an hour or so ago, and is now down to 70

The heat plus higher humidity here. Just home from work and sprayed weeds and took out the trash. Now we have i internet issues too! A huge dust storm is brewing with high winds. Maybe tomorrow I can check back in with you friends

finally happened....so much rain, water in the basement.....also lost tv

sorry to hear, Poirot. I hope the rain stops soon.

What a contrast--Noel with a nasty dust storm, while Poirot has water in the basement. I hope both of you get some relief soon!

Lightning to the north of us but it is sliding by west of us. Things are getting pretty dry here.

Back