7/31/17 - Donuts & Blueberry Pancakes

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning.......Blue skies &73 already....gonna be a warm one today. And I have entirely too much work to do today.... Hubby has really been feeling lousy these past few days, he is allergic or suffers side effects from so many different meds, and then it takes quite some time for the reactions to disappear.

Have to run into town perhaps, hate the lst of the month stuff. LOL

Hope Monday is a good day for you all...........

Mmmmm....Blueberry Pancakes!! Good morning, all. It is a very smokey day here. There are fires just west of Banff, which is an hour or so away from Calgary. Sounds like they have them under control but with all of the new fires in B.C. and now starting in Alberta, the air is hazy, but again, makes for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

This month there are a couple of celestial sites to look for. On August 21, there will be a solar eclipse and why it is so special is the last time a full solar eclipse occurred was in 1918. Those in Oregon and east will have the best view of it. In Canada, the western provinces will see about 85% and the eastern provinces will get about a half eclipse. The other event are the Paleseids Meteor Shower. One of the best places to see these meteor showers is in North America.

@A. Guy - Hopefully my uploads will work. Here is the stove before and after the sand blasting.

While we didn't camp over the weekend, it was nice and relaxing but hot. I am not going to complain about the heat, I'm not going to complain about the heat, I'm not going to complain about the heat, I'm not going to complain about the heat, I'm not going to complain about the heat........BUT.......I'm tired of the air conditioner being on all the time. I don't think we have ever barbequed more this summer.

Have a great day everyone.

Attachments

• Resized_20170725_172920.jpeg
    Resized_20170725_172920.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Resized_20170725_172928.jpeg
    Resized_20170725_172928.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20170728_204336.jpeg
    Resized_20170728_204336.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20170728_181803.jpeg
    Resized_20170728_181803.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Resized_20170728_181744.jpeg
    Resized_20170728_181744.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 10
Good morning everyone. Today is going to be a scorcher near 90*F with high humidity. I'm glad I'm in the office today. I only have to go out to take my assistant for her early birthday lunch at the Mexican restaurant across the street.

Poirot - I feel for your hubby. Two of my medicines are just to combat bad reactions to other meds that I have to take. My Doc tried other ones in those drug families, but the problems were even worse.

Muzza - The stove turned out to be beautiful ! I definitely wouldn't put it outside.

No you are right, RS. We will keep it inside. We still need to put a clear coat on it as the guy who sandblasted it said if a drink is placed on the stove it will rust within an hour being that it is so exposed. A friend of ours gave it to my husband for his birthday about 4 years ago as he said it was just sitting in his yard rusting and was moving to Dubai. Was a very thoughtful gift.

RS - did you make it out for dinner with your friend, Jim the other night?

Good morning. Poirot, I had to laugh at your comment about it already being up to 73*. I decided to go out and sit on the deck to watch the sunrise this morning a little before 7:00. It was 73* and I had to come back in and put on some socks because I was cold sitting out there. We've been running closer to 80* for early mornings. I feel for your husband too. I've thrown out more prescription meds than I could ever recall. But I watched my mother and my sister take so many pills, some of which were to relieve symptoms caused by others.

Muzz, that stove is beautiful! It's larger than I'd expected. I wonder why they made it with just three legs. Otherwise, it looks similar to stoves I remember from when I was growing up, except they were always black and they had four legs. The color on yours is nice. Good idea to seal it and preserve it.

Squirrel, it's never too hot for Mexican food! Wish I could be there and eat it with you. Enjoy.

I need to take my pickup truck to town to get a tire fixed. Has had a slow leak for a while. I got so I couldn't get air in it so my niece came late yesterday and aired it up with her compressor. We both think I need a new chuck and that the valve stem may be bad on the tire. She had trouble getting air in it too. I'd better go see if it still has air in it......

Morning Everyone,

Poirot - it's awfully steamy here already too. Yuck.

Muzz - wow, your stove turned out beautiful.

RS - mmm, Mexican food. Can I come along for lunch?

OC - I can't imagine 73* feeling chilly, but I suppose it all a matter of perspective. I don't tend to find 50* all that chilly either. :)

Well my weekend was a whole lot of rinse, wash, and repeat of the end of last week, laundry, squishing bugs, and more laundry. We did get a lovely 3 hour break yesterday, when we set off bug foggers and had to vacate the house for 2 hours (we locked the cat in the basement). We went out for a not so fancy lunch at Burger King and then saw the new Emoji movie, which turned out to be rather cute, and age appropriate for Gena. Hubby was a little lost as he's very computer illiterate, but he still thought it was cute. I got a kick out of Gena explaining to him what emojis are. :)

The foggers were a great help and got rid of most of the remaining bugs. But according to the exterminator they should all be sterile and unable to lay more eggs, so it's just a matter of killing the little vampires as the existing bugs hatch. I will admit that it's getting more challenging for me to fall asleep. Everything that brushes across my skin (hair, blanket, fuzz, etc) makes me swat myself to kill the bug, to the point that I've started taking a Unisom to just speed up the falling asleep process.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning all.

Muzz - that stove is beautiful. We have something similar at our cabin. Not near as beautiful. But functional and provides heat and can be cooked on if propane runs out.

Manda - what a terrible weekend. My skin is crawling now after reading that. However, your lunch place sounded like fun.

OC - good luck with the tire.

Poirot - the first of the month is always special, isn't it?

It appears the monsoon is taking a maybe break for part of this week. However, walking outside today it is still a humid out. Or at least the air is heavy outside. But the sky is blue, so I'll take the day. Hunny Bunny heads to the doctor as soon as I put a clean wrap over the bloody original wrap. I'm guessing he will come home with yet a new wrap. I hope more antibiotics.

Just letting you know, surgery is over but they couldn't get the stone. A stent was put into place and I have surgery next Monday. Doctor says this happens 1 in every 50 people. Of course I'm that 1. I'm pretty down now.

Muzza, a very nice stove; I'm glad you were able to save it! A lot of stoves were damaged by folks using coal in them; a no-no unless designed for coal. Thanks for the photos!

OC, a 3-legged stove won't rock on an uneven floor... just like a milking stool. :)

Manda, I'm glad that you've defeated those bugs! You will sleep easier now.

RIP, Sam Shepard. I recall that one of the Spectators is a big fan, and that her husband did a good imitation.
I would like to have this DVD, even though I unfairly hated Sam after watching it on TV:

Take care, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
My face is very red, sorry! :tsk: But, I still want that DVD, and, maybe "Lifeguard," too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good Afternoon all,

A very late start for me today. I slept in until 10am. Delightful. Watching QVC Christmas in July last day as I putz around the house doing small chores that require no bending over or lifting [post op requirement].

It's 102F with high humidity now as we race towards 106F. Possibility of storms but rare at my area. Lovely clean blue sky!

Poirot: hope your hubby feels better very soon. Allergies and med side effects are a lousy combination.

Muzza: that is an awesome stove! And with me you can complain about the heat all the time [wink]. I too am way over summer and the A/C running 24/7.

RS: hope your lunch birthday treat for your assistant was a good one. A thoughtful gesture by you.

OC: first, bravo for your niece helping you out with the compressor. Hope your trip to town is an enjoyable one and the truck is easily fixed.

Manda: sweet thought of Gena teaching her daddy about emjois. Thanks for the review as it is on our family list to see movies. The thought of bugs in the house creeps me out too! I usually chant "die die" as I walk around the house after I see one but that is not effective bug control.

Robin: an update please on Hunny Bunny in your next post. Thinking of you both and hoping his healing path gets a positive review. And I love the sky today too.

Shan: I know it is disappointing but it happened to my hubby too. The next surgery was successful! I hope you lift up your chin, set your 'women conquer all' attitude, and feel positive about the next surgery. You can do this!

AGuy: yes, very sad about his death. RIP.

Take care everyone and enjoy tonight.

Another cool morning for walking. I cleaned house and before 10 I started mowing.
I shouldn't have since it was wet and thick. That's done for another week.
It's 84 now and no humidity. Rain maybe Tues.

rs, you're braver than I am. I tried watching "The Ranch" and I turned it off after five minutes.

Muzzaman, great looking stove. I'm glad your weekend went well even though
you stayed at home. Thanks for the reminder about the celestial events. I need to
look up the eclipse and see where the best places are. I think you need special
glasses too.

Poirot, I hope your hubby feels better.

OC, I hope you got your truck in today.

manda, I'm glad your home is almost bug free. I'm glad you got some fun after
all the work you've been doing.

shan, I'm sorry you'll have to have more surgery.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day and evening.

Update..........had to call 911 this a.m. for hubby. Usually they are here within 15 min. but it took about 35 today. They ran some tests, he got that IV , was talking to me some, telling me stuff I knew, but he actually was staggering, holding onto furniture to walk, nearly collapsed a couple times. As far as I know, he is still in E.R., last I know, in radiology. They already ran blood tests, etc. He told me I should not stay, I think he just wanted to sleep or rest or something. Anyway, I came home, they feel he will be admitted into hospital, but have not heard yet.

When the ambulance came, they had to move furniture out of the way to get the stretcher/gurney in. Sofa, chair, coffee table, we have a narrow doorway, too.

Anyway, I don't know anything, really, so did not call my kids yet, as that would be pointless. And then they would be calling the hospital to hear the same I hear. But I did think I would know by now, but it takes time for all those test results to come in.

So am back home, glad JS was able to do summary...just got phone call from ER, he was admitted to hospital...low magnesium & hemoglobin. They had him using a walker, so that was good. But guess he is still very weak. I think other stuff will turn up.....but at least he is in hospital.

Poirot peace to you as you wait for more test results and diagnosis for your husband. Lifting him and you up in prayers. Low hemoglobin usually requires transfusions and iron supplements but the accusatory agent needs to be determined as well. Please keep us updated...we are here for you.

Back