7/31/17 - Donuts & Blueberry Pancakes

Shan, I'm sorry to hear you need more surgery. I hope all goes well and that's the end of your problem.

Poirot, I'm glad your husband is getting the care he needs. Prayers for his speedy recovery.

I finally got to do some stargazing last night for a little while. I was tired and finally went to bed. I should have a clear sky again tonight.

I need to look up the eclipse and see where the best places are. I think you need special glasses too.

I looked at an eclipse map a while back, but didn't share the link because it was pretty scientific. I found another one today that is easy to use, shows how much of the sun will be eclipsed in your zip code, and gives the timeline from beginning to end. Yes, Kat, you cannot look directly at the sun or you will fry your eyes. You either need to use eclipse glasses or a pin camera. I bought some cardboard glasses and they were very inexpensive. Lots of information online for viewing. Here is the link for the eclipse basics in your area:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/7/25/16019892/solar-eclipse-2017-interactive-map

Thanks, Kt. Looks like it won't be too impressive here.

Poirot, you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Shan, I'm so sorry you had to be the 1 in 50. :sad:

I've heard Sam Shepard's name but had no idea what he looked like. I don't know any women who don't swoon over Sam Elliot. Not saying there aren't any, just that I don't know of them.

My trip to town was more successful than I had expected. The guy from the body shop called before I left home and said he had the parts and the time to fix the back door of my truck. It had been stuck shut since last winter or longer and I'd been trying to get it it to get it fixed since early June. So I got that done and then went to the tire place and got the tire fixed. Not surprisingly, it had thorns in it and one big one in the sidewall. Mesquite thorns are everywhere and they are murder on tires.

Poirot - I hope your husband gets the treatment he needs. I hope you are able to get the furniture back without hurting yourself.

Hunny Bunny got back from his doctor, who lectured him on not going to the ER over the weekend because of the bleeding. He had blood clots under the sutures, so those had to be removed. Apparently a painful thing to do. So now he is to go to the doctor daily for dressing changes. He was bleeding earlier today. I'll put a new dressing on over the existing wrap as I'm not allowed to remove what the doctor puts on because, well, he is after all, a doctor.

kt, thanks for the cool map. Looking forward to whatever part of the eclipse I get to see.

Robin: thanks for the update. Wonder why a home health nurse wasn't ordered in the first place? It is good the doctor is taking close oversight now.

To be fair to the doctor, he did tell Hunny Bunny to go to the ER if there was a bleed-through the bandage over the weekend, but that didn't work. Hunny Bunny didn't want to sit in an ER for hours exposing himself to MRSA and whatever else hangs out in the waiting room.

Back