8-1-2017 - Donuts & a Breeze

Noel

Reaction score
A restless night that awoke me at 2:30am for absolutely no reason at all. Ate some frozen ice milk - took an Advil - and still no sleep. I wondered out onto the patio and although 90F there was a soft breeze. I feel calm, pain free, but with the plastic patch on my eye I cannot turn to that side. Aha - must be the culprit as I seldom sleep on my back.

So I am your morning alarm! [wink] Wake up people: it is 7:21am EST and 8:21CST. I just turned my alarm off and am going to try to sleep again while you all stumble about for your morning coffee. Something tells me I will not be your favorite alarm.
giggles.jpg

Good morning everyone. It'll be another humid scorcher here. I guess I'm lucky to be stuck in the office again today. Monsoon rains are to arrive by morning.

Time to put on the tea pot that is on the stand behind my desk.

Noel, I was just getting out of my first meeting of the day when you were posting. Hopefully, the doc doesn't extend your patching/eye guard time. Everyone complains about those, but they're really needed for protection. You don't want to rub your eye while your sleeping.

Poirot, I just read about your hubby's trip to the ER. Prayers going up for him and all of our Donut-ites and family who are going through health issues right now.

Goldie and I had a short walk this morning since it started raining earlier than forecast.
It's supposed to rain all day. There should be a break Wed than rain everyday until next week.
Strange summer weather for my state.

I can't believe it's August. Summer almost over. Where did the time go? Still hoping
god is going to answer my prayers.

Noel, I hope you got back to sleep. You just have to tell yourself that sleeping on your
back is ok until the eye patch is off. FYI, it's just 7 AM now central time.

rs, I'm glad you're able to work inside today. You had to go to work early this morning
didn't you. It's just going on 8 your time now. Does that mean you can go home early?
Have a good day.

I hope everyone has the best day they can, no pain, no sadness. Keep Smiling

Morning all...........Noel, got confused a bit, as is 7:45 a.m. and you said in first post it was 8:21 central. LOL. Central is an hour EARLIER than Eastern. But shared your "awake for no reason" this a.m. as I was up at 4:30 a.m. It was so warm in the house, so I checked ...78°. I turned on the fan, then opened a window a bit in here, as it was 69 outside. There is no breeze, and really feels HOT. Guess that is why they say the Dog Days of Summer when it Aug. arrives.

Stores have all the back to school stuff out. TV ads are doing the same, and it is really still too early for that.

I turned the TV on, I love Lucy rerun was on, but egads, all the stations, no matter what, had infomercials, and I do mean ALL, even HGTV! Those poor souls who work 2nd shift and come home, try to watch TV before going to bed......there is NOTHING TO WATCH. went back to bed, and it was after 5, but did fall asleep until around 7. Glad for that.

It was supposed to "cool off" today and only be in low 70s, but it is already 75. They are talking maybe a "cold front" moving in this afternoon. We will see. But rain due Wed. & Thurs. Again, we will see.

Morning Everyone,

Poirot - so sorry to hear about your husband. I was hoping you were okay yesterday when I didn't get the summary posted. I started buying school supplies in June, spreading out the expenses makes the hit to the wallet a little less painful.

Noel - glad to have you back to posting. Sorry you have to deal with the eye patch.

RS - that seems awfully early in the morning for a meeting, but I guess at least it's done and out of the way.

Kat - glad you were able to get out before the rain got you.

Robin - hope your hubby is doing better (from yesterday's posts)

Last night I decided to go on bug killing strike (at least for the night) and took Gena to the library instead of doing more laundry. It was a good break for both of us. She's very excited as she was able to get her very own library card and she completed the requirements for the summer reading program and earned her book 2 weeks early. She found Charlotte's Web on the shelf and was so excited to have her very own copy to keep forever. :)

Tonight, we'll be taking hubby to the place he has to go tomorrow morning for an interview. It's in a nearby city, about 20 minutes away. But he's super unfamiliar with the area so we wants to make a practice trip to make sure he doesn't get lost.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Manda: love that Gena has her first library card! I remember that joyful experience. Charlotte's Web is a great book to have to re-read from time to time. Enjoy prepping for your husband's interview tomorrow as a little pre-planning goes a long way to relieve nerves. Wishing him all the best!

RS: you are a real go-getter this bright and early attending meetings!

You had to go to work early this morning didn't you. It's just going on 8 your time now. Does that mean you can go home early?

I work 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Thursday with a few Fridays or Saturdays thrown in. I hate it, and would rather go back to the 5 days we used to work.

Poirot - infomercials are the reason I got my wifi ROKU stick for streaming tv shows on demand plus my Netflix.

Amanda - I'm so happy that Gena has a love of reading. I go through withdrawal if I can't read for at least 1/2 an hour each day.

Morning all.

Today is a drive to work day. I hate leaving Hunny Bunny, but he will do what he does anyway.

Poirot - several school districts here in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area either started school last week or start this week, which is INSANE in my mind. But it is the way it goes here. I guess the extra cost of A/C for August works out somewhere.

Per the weather guessers, this is a "cooler" summer over last year. We've only had 11 days over 110. Last year at this time, we had 23 days over 110. Somehow it doesn't make me feel better.

Noel - I hope you do get some rest today.

Poirot - I hope you get good news from the hospital today.

manda - great news about the library card and Charlotte's Web. Great story.

Off to a wonderful Tuesday.

Good morning all,
Prayers for everyone going through health issues and other problems now. Hope all is resolved in the coming days. :hug:

Weather has been so nice here the past few days (low humidity, cool breeze, 80F), although I did get two mosquito bites, which surprised me. We've done some hiking, going to the beach (water is warmer than normal here, too), and going to some favorite restaurants that we've missed. My dad has an interview today, and flies home late tonight because of work. Tomorrow, we're taking a day trip to LA to see some family. I also finished a book I brought with me on this trip. Got a few more on my iPad Kindle.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Robin: yes, our men will do what they're going to do anyway. And all the time! Our school districts make absolutely zero sense most of the time because we cannot conserve energy or water with school in session this time of year! Hope your workday is smooth and you get to dangle your toes in the pool tonight.

JS: just a matter of time but waiting with a friend that 'shoe' to drop is stressful. Been there, done that and sorry your day started like that.

Days: your vacation trip sounds like it is a total joy for you! Hope your father's interview is favorable and he finds a job he can daily enjoy. A little California sun when you live east of the Mississippi is a good thing.

Shan: thinking and praying for you today.

I refer to that smile as my 'frozen face'. Nothing said can change a woman's mind when she believes she is the center of his universe and that is what changed him to faithful status this one time. And it hurts, doesn't it, to watch a friend in that deep deep denial. She is blessed to have you as her friend when the time comes that her life is shattered by reality. Hang in there JS!

Noel I hope you get a nap in sometime today. 2:30 is early!

RS - I hope your day isn't too humid. At least the rain is coming. I think you prefer it don't you?

Kat - you sure have had a lot of rain this summer. You and Goldie need fins to do your morning walks!

Poirot - I hope you husband is doing better and you get good news.

Manda I don't blame you for wanting time off from the bug mess! So proud of Gena and her reading.

Robinsnest - Isn't it funny how 11 days vs 23 days is SO much less. Especially since you were well over 100 every day. Any digit over 100 is hot!

JS - I had a friend exactly like you're talking about. Every time he cheated, she forgave him until he finally left her. Dumber than a box of rocks.

Days - enjoy San Diego for me too! It my most favorite city in the world!

Yesterday was a rough day, but today is much better! I don't have near the pain I did. I refuse pain pills. Just don't like them. This stent sure isn't going to be fun, but it could be worse.

We are going to the Oregon coast today and staying until Sunday. Ember is driving with us, and Mommy, Daddy and baby sister are flying. With the baby it just seemed easier to do it this way. It's supposed to be in the 90's on the coast, which is almost unheard of! Doctor said it was okay to travel, just stop every hour or so and walk.

Have a great day.

JS, I hope your day has gotten better after that phone call

Poirot, it does seem early for school supplies. Walmart always puts things
out after 4th of July. Schools start Aug 14 this year where I live. A week
earlier than last year.

Shan, enjoy your trip.

manda, I'm glad you and Gena had a good time at the library.

robin, I hope your day is going well.

rs, thanks for the info about your work schedule. I need to remember that.

Daysd, I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation.

JS, Rasputin? Too funny! :rotfl:

I'm ready to hide in a hole and never come out. I talked to the head mechanic about my car today. I have learned a little (and more than I ever cared to know) about fuel injectors. Apparently, one or more fuel injectors (I didn't know there was one for each cylinder) were stuck open and flooded the engine with gas. Now, even if the fuel injectors are replaced, there is no guarantee the engine hasn't already been destroyed. My car is ten years old and just a little compact, so not worth a lot, though it has less than 40,000 miles on it. The mechanic will check further, but it doesn't sound good. I can't afford to replace parts and then find out the engine is blown. I sure can't afford another car. OK, back to my hole!

Back