8-10-17 - Donuts and Waiting for Sleep

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
I hope it's a good morning for all of you. I slept from 12:20 to 1:20, very restlessly. Yesterday I got a migraine after breakfast. It got worse and worse as the day went on. So miserable but I was able to eat some lunch, which only made my nausea worse. When I got up at 1:20 this morning, my head was still hurting but at least my stomach was settled enough to eat some crackers. So now I'm waiting to get sleepy enough to go back to bed.

Poirot, be careful what you wish, when you wonder why some of us don't start the thread more often. I'm sure all of you are uplifted by tuning in and seeing my complaint first thing. :sarcasm:

Good morning everyone!

OC, I hope you feel better soon and are able to get some sleep and are able to eat later on. Migraines are the worst.

I slept weird last night. I think I was dehydrated and exhausted from working 3-10 Tuesday night followed by 7-3 yesterday and receiving/working on our warehouse truck with our stockroom a/c being broken. I've drank two glasses of water since midnight. At least I'm off today.

So I'm going to try and get some more sleep since it's only 6:30 here.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hello,

It seems the insomnia plague has several of us wishing for more sleep. It's 5:06am here, 99F, and sticky. That is my only excuse for being exhausted from yesterday's errands in the heat of 111F and insomnia. It doesn't compare to what the rest of you are struggling with right now.

OC: by the time you read this I hope you have had a nice long morning nap, a settled stomach with no migraine and are ready for lunch. Rest well my friend.

RS: it certainly is understandable that you would need more sleep after your previous schedule. Since it is so early I hope you are able to take a restful morning nap.

Happy and restful Thursday to all of you to post later.

Good morning, and definitely, we are not all in the best of moods or health all the time, glad we are able to sympathize, and support those with any kind of problems. I was really tired yesterday, must have fallen asleep around 9, woke at 11:15, but then was too "awake" to go back to bed. Watched TV for an hour, then that was it. Took a while, but fell back asleep, only to wake early, around 5 I think, was dark out. But has been overcast, talk of rain now on radio......who knows. But sun is trying to come out, it does briefly, for 30 seconds or so, then is gone. Who knows?

Finished the laundry, but still have some reports, etc. Really have to get to store, so I know I will not get done whatever remains.

My daughter will be here this afternoon, hubby has dr. appt. this afternoon, do not know how one can be in 3 places at one time (talking of me, lol)

Wishing all who need it a really nice nap whenever you can manage it. Take care, (sun vanished again). Hummers are really active this morning......guess it will rain again.

Morning Everyone,

Hmm, must have really been a night for bad sleep. While for the first time in 2 weeks I didn't feel like I had bugs crawling on me, my mouth and face were so sore from the 3 fillings that I still slept terribly. I'm still very sore this morning and took more ibuprofen to try to make the pain more tolerable.

Gena woke up with a mild fever and a sore throat, so she's home with hubby. I may have to leave work early so he can make his interview if he can't reschedule. I so appreciative of that fact that the company I work for is super flexible. If I have to leave, I'll go home and finish my day from there.

OC - I hope your migraine has passed and that you are getting a nap in.

Red - I don't miss retail for the very reasons you listed. I hope you can catch up on your water and get some rest today.

Noel - I hope you get a blizzard to wipe out the heat. I doubt that will really happen, but I can hope for you. :rotfl:

Poirot - Enjoy your visit with your daughter as best as you can since you also have to take your husband to the doctor.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Poirot: yes, we have a great group of online friends in Donuts who support each other daily. Sure hope you don't miss seeing your daughter due to errands but know how much time errands eat up daily. Nice you have hummies to watch today! Hope you finish the projects you prioritize and still get some rest.

Manda: reading about a blizzard lightens my heart. You just keep on wishing for me! For you I hope the pain & swelling of the fillings quickly dissipates and your husband has a great interview today. Your company has the flexibility a working mother/wife needs and I respect their core values.

Morning all.

Hunny Bunny made it to Houston and is with family now. Ready to say good by to a truly wonderful woman. Alzheimer's took her from the family years ago. She thought her son was her caregiver. Every now and then she'd remember. I met her before the disease had taken hold.

This morning, I got tired of the house and opened it up. I currently have the doors and windows open. I just need fresh air and to recycle what is in the house with some outside cooler-than-it-will-be-later-today air.

I slept when I finally got to bed, but it was after midnight and up again at 6. Tonight will be better as I have to shift hours tomorrow so I can get to work early so I can leave early to get chores done.

OC - I hope you are able to rest today and your migraine leaves you for a while.

Manda - sorry about the dental visit. Hope Gena is better today, and it's just a quickie fly-by illness. Fingers crossed for the interview.

Red - dehydration is a huge factor in feeling bad.

AGuy - thank you for the video.

Noel - another day down. Another day towards what passes for Fall in AZ. :)

Happy Thursday.

Good morning. It seems when it rains, it pours for some of us. The mental health agency never called me back about the expensive medicine and they couldn't even find a record of my insurance. I've been going there for years. :rolleyes: It's a wonder they have a record for me at all! I called the pharmacy this morning and was told the medicine had been approved and wouldn't cost me anything. That blew me away, lol.

The parts for my car still haven't come in as of this morning, so I'm still hanging there. To top it all off, my stove isn't working, no elements, no oven. I can't even make hummer nectar, but I don't want to say anything to my nice landlords right now. The help (loan) they have offered me to fix my car is enough for now. I really don't want to pile it on, lol!

Take care everyone!

@AGuy, that video was beautiful.....coincidently, yesterday I watched the video of Josh Groban and a young guy from the audience singing The Prayer. Josh Groban was absolutely blown away by the young guy's fab voice....his name was Josh Page, and I know he went on to be part of or form the Tenor group "Forte", who wound up in 3rd place on America's Got Talent a couple years ago.

@kspirit..........you really don't need your stove to make hummer nectar. Just a quarter cup sugar to 1 cup water....NO red dye. Stir, keep in frig if you make more. (I do 3 cups water, 3/4 cup sugar. Plain, granulated ordinary sugar. Been doing this for years.

Another busy morning. Goldie and I only went around three times so I
could get home and work on the bush. Not too many, but I went out after
lunch and it's covered again. I wish I knew where they were coming from.

Garage basically done. Window sills and floor clean. Things rearranged, but
I know I'll be moving things around later. I found a flaw in my garage. The
door frame on both sides of garage not touching all the way to the ground.
I got the one area cleaned and could see daylight coming in. I don't think it's
supposed to do that. I'll be contacting the handyman.

OC, I hope you got to sleep and your headache is gone.

manda, I know about those bugs. I feel like there are bugs under
skin and last
night I had a dream about those nasty bugs. I hope Gena is feeling better.

red, I hope you're getting a good days rest after your busy day. I
read you're
supposed to drink water half your weight in ounces everyday. That's a lot of water.

kt, sorry you have another problem. Be sure and let the landlord know.

A Guy, thanks for the video. I've been watching America's Got Talent this
week for the first time. A lot of talent out there.

robin, I hope you had a good day at work.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Hello again. I agree with others, we have a fine group here and I do appreciate each and every one of you! I did finally go back to bed and sleep for a couple of hours. The headache is not completely gone but much more tolerable, and my stomach is settled. Earlier when I tried to get to sleep, I was dozing but that was disturbed by a calf bawling outside my window--over and over and over. I love my cows but they can be an aggravation sometimes. Then I got to sleep and started getting cramps in my feet. So it was definitely one of those nights. I see that some of you had your own disturbances, and I know several of you also have migraines so you know exactly what they are like.

Poirot, is your daughter going to be around for a few days? I hope your husband's doctor appointment goes well.

Kt, I wish you had one of my hot plates. I have two and hardly ever use them. What a huge blessing and surprise to get that medicine for nothing!

Robin, I'm glad your hunny made his trip ok. I hope he didn't bleed on anybody. Sad about the friend with Alzheimer's. I often think of Nancy Reagan's book, The Long Goodbye. Your open windows and doors sound refreshing, even in hot temperatures. Takes me back to my childhood when we had no a/c. But I know the memory is better than the reality.

Manda, how nice to finally have a bug-free feeling! Hope your mouth feels better soon. I've never had more than one filling done at a time. Eek, three! Hope Gena is better soon too.

Noel, thank you for all of your kind thoughts and words daily. I sure wish you could be in some snow for a day--maybe not quite a blizzard but at least snow. Do you ever get to take vacations to cold climates during the winter?

A. Guy, I'm happy for anyone who gets a good night's sleep. Glad you did. I'm having to use my jet pack (hot spot) right now so I can't listen to the video, as it uses up too much of the time (bytes or whatever) on it. Maybe I'll catch it later.

IamRed, you have a hard job, especially in hot weather. Are you still considering changing your career? I know it will take time though.

Have to get us some lunch. Very late on that.

Just up from a mini-dozing nap in my chair. Sure would prefer my bed but I will take what I got today.

Robin: good news your bunny arrived safely. I understand about Alzheimer's due to my Mom (grandma, great aunts and aunts). I can't believe you turned off your A/C this morning. It was hot, to me anyway. But I do miss open windows with an Autumn breeze.

KT: that is great news your medication was covered by your insurance!!!:) I would delay telling a kind landlord about more repairs too when they are that helpful. Hang in there with the car issues.

Kat: those beetles are quick multipliers! Sure hope this doesn't go on much longer for you. Glad you and Goldie got your walk in this morning without rain.

OC: Glad you got a little nap earlier.Now if your headache would completely leave it would be much better. Hope your day gets better and better.

Another hot smoky day here! A high of 95 and one cannot see across the street. The smoke has gotten really bad. My daughter is having trouble breathing and trying not to get a migraine.

OC - I so feel for you as you're the caregiver too and really can't be down and out for too long. When the migraine comes on, you have no choice but to get down. My daughter will lose her sight and that really scares me when that happens.

Iamred - the shift work can be really hard on a person and then add the heat?? Hope you feel better!

I hope everyone has a better day.

Oh Shan, I don't know how anyone with migraines keeps from being sick, with all that smoke. I get sick just being in a room with people who've been smoking.

Noel, I'm glad you got to doze a little bit anyway. Sometimes a little bit helps.

Our electricity went out an hour or so ago. I called the electric company and found out they'd had other reports and were already working on it. It was only out for less than an hour but it was starting to warm up in the house. It was 98* outside so opening windows didn't seem like a good idea. I so appreciate how our coop gets problems fixed as fast as they do.

Back