8/14/17 - Donuts & Chai Tea

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning friends,

After a night of super restless sleep, and 1 coughing child, I'm having a nice big cup of chai to help me wake up this morning. The weather is so far a lovely cool morning, but I imagine it will heat up before to long.

Gena and I had a fabulous time at The Circus World Museum yesterday with my mom and step-dad. We managed to see the full tiger show and the Big Top performance. I love watching the trainer/owner of the tigers interact with them, they are so affectionate to him it's truly amazing. They are headquartered out of Nebraska, if I remember correctly, but they spend summers at Circus World and travel with different circuses in the fall/winter. They also work to raise money to help support and preserve the habitats for wild tigers.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll check back in later.

Morning, all. Raining here. Glad you had such a good time in Barraboo...did not know they put on a show there as well. Ringling Bros. used to winter there, but closed up this past Spring, and are no longer a circus. Wonder if anything was said there about that???

Just a heads up to all.......that today is the anniv. of the end of WW2....Aug. 14, 1945. Stop and say a prayer for all those who fought, died, were affected by that war.

Will be going into town again today, amazing all the different things that come up. Egads.

Anyone heard of Paul Todd? He is supposed to do fabulous concerts with his son, proceeds go to local charities. Our church is sponsoring him in concert this Wed. and yesterday he actually performed all the music at church. Before the service he was playing, and then sang Raise me Up, and the Prayer. Wow! He is from MN. and supposed to be traveling around doing these concerts. The concerts are regular songs, not anything religious. Just wondered, doesn't hurt to ask.

Hope all have a good day.

Poirot - the ringmaster brings up at the beginning of every circus performance (there are 2 performances every day 1 and noon and 1 at 3:30) about the Ringling Brothers Circus ending, but mentions that while Circus World may be located at their original winter home, the museum is independent of the circus and not going anywhere. :) My mom mentioned that they now use a different circus tent than they did when she took Gena 3 years ago, and wonders if they got it because of the Ringling Brothers Circus closing down.

Hope your trip into town goes well. Your concert at church sounds fun. I've never heard of him.

Good morning all.

I'm up and starting to pack to catch the big plane and fly home. Yesterday was a super spectacular day at Lake Tahoe. After the ashes dispersal, we went to dine, and a toast to our great friend was had. My youngest son brought some music so it was playing while we were out in the woods. It was a great ceremony. Afterwards, I got home and was able to get to over to see the grandkids. So it was a good day.

Now to have the plane on time.

Edit to add.... for Noel....
Last night it got "cold" last night... at least here in Sacramento... I woke up and needed a blanket... it was that cool..... today the weather folks said the overnight low was 62........

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone,
This is shopping day but poor Tina has been sick all weekend so she can't drive and I'm not allowed to drive now. And even if I was able to, I gave Mike my car.
icon_lol.gif
I just talked to her and she's feeling a little better and starting to get used to the new pills her doctor gave her.

Mike called last night and said he's going to pick me up Wed. morning and we'll go shopping and for breakfast or lunch. I have a phone appt. with my doctor in the afternoon, so have to do some fast shopping.. I haven't gone shopping with my son for years and never grocery shopping:love:

We had some light showers and cooler days Saturday, it felt soooo good!!! It was 56* this morning, the coolest morning in months. It's 63* now and I love it!

I hope you all have a great week and hugs to you all!

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone,

Overcast and around 80F today. Did some yard work earlier and have an ab class at the gym this evening to go to. My dad may accompany me but hop on the treadmill instead. I'll try to take Sally for a walk as well. I just got a check in the mail from the co-op, evidently from all my time-off/vacation I never used. I could definitely use the cash. I also got some of my graded labs back from the mail. Let's just say geology isn't my best subject, lol. I have to redo one of them because I used the wrong kit. But I'm mailing in another lesson, so I have two and a half to go.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

It was a real busy weekend as my girl friend flew in from Decatur, AL! We took her boating on Saturday and it was so relaxing , smoky, but relaxing. Little Ember went with us and really had a good time. Yesterday we finally got a little rain, enough to knock the smoke down. My friend is here until Friday so this week will be a busy one.

I hope those of you having the migraines and sleepless nights finally get some relief.

Good Afternoon Friends.

Trying to get back into the work routine was hampered this morning by the company's physician eye test. My surgeon is rated best in the state but they insist they must have their own physician check my eyes. He declared it is "too early" for me to return to work with approved eyesight. Whaaat?!?! Been spending the day on the phone trying to change his mind with faxed documents from my vision center, but he is not budging.

Evidently if he approves me, and I return, and there is the slightest question on my eyesight he could be sued. Or so he says, and the hospital agrees, and here I sit at home. Now I am too frustrated to even think of cleaning, so baking a treat for the kiddos after school. We are getting poorer by every day I miss work now, because the hospital insurance company accepted my vision center release and no longer cover missed work days.

Lovely to read about your good start to this week my friends.

Manda: so happy you enjoyed every minute at the CIrcus Museum. And chai tea can be so healing plus uplifting on certain days. Sure hope Gena's cough quickly heals, and you have a deep sleep tonight. Thanks for sharing about the museum with us all.

Poiroit:
today is the anniv. of the end of WW2....Aug. 14, 1945. Stop and say a prayer for all those who fought, died, were affected by that war
Absolutely they are all remembered with honor, gratitude and appreciation this day in prayers and deeds. Hope your town errands go smoothly and quickly today.

Robin: Oh! In my dreams!! So glad you experienced a blessed cool down. Here? Yeah, you know the drill. Happy flight home.

Supercouple: sending wishes for a bright smile on your face all day today too. And all week long!

Newt: your weather sounds divine! Glad you & Tom will be sharing some shopping fun and a great meal together this week. Enjoy your week and beautiful weather.

Days: all of us fail to excel in some area of study. What matters is you are doing your best, persevering, and determined to complete all required classes with best grade possible. This is just a little stumbling stone on the way to success for you. We are cheering you onward!

Wishing everyone a day filled with unexpected joys!

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. I am doing okay and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow after being off for some time. I am not looking forward to going back as my busy schedule will start back up again. I really like being able to do things at my own pace and being able to relax and engage in hobbies I like but I guess work makes us appreciate our free time more.

The weather is absolutely beautiful today. Right now it is sunny and 77 F, a stunning summer day here.

Noel: I really hope that you will get back to work soon. Sending prayers and love your way.

Wishing all of you a marvelous Monday! Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Another cloudy, rainy, cool day here. Goldie and I got our walk in today
before the rain.

I did beetle patrol twice today. This morning, I picked up a lot of flowers that
have come off. I found one beetle inside so maybe the rest are full of them too.
This afternoon, more flowers under bush and I picked them all up this morning.
I got a few beetles, but I'm wondering if they are inside flowers making more.
I put all the flowers and bugs in the beetle cemetery.

Noel, I hope you get approval to start working sooner than later.

manda, sounds like you had a great time at the circus yesterday. I hope Gena
feels better soon.

Poirot, I hope you had a good trip to town today.

newt, enjoy shopping with your son on Wed.

I hope everyone has a good evening and pleasant dreams tonight.

Good evening. A long and busy day here. Went to Wal-Mart for prescriptions and some groceries. Had to stop at the other grocery store too (United), since Wal-Mart didn't have everything I wanted. I think when I start getting prescriptions by mail I will be doing more of my shopping at United. Wal-Mart was rather chaotic today. More crowded than usual, and some of the shelves were empty.

A lot of the counties around here are "dry" so alcoholic beverages have never been sold in any of the stores. It seems the county where I shop must have voted in some changes, since both Wal-Mart and United have recently started carrying beer and wine. Today Wal-Mart had removed most of the other bottled drinks off the shelves and they were putting beer and wine in their place. Also the nuts had been removed and some other things I wanted. I couldn't find several items I wanted. I guess the alcohol must be selling well.

The physical therapist was to come around three so I was hurrying to get back in time, which I did, with about half an hour to spare. Husband was too tired to do much therapy but she had him do a little bit.

We got an inch of rain last night.

Noel, you are caught in the infamous, and all-too-common, disability insurance "Catch 22" trap. If your employer is not yet allowing you to return to work, your employer's own insurance company should continue paying you benefits. I hope you will be back to work, soon, and that your benefit situation will be sorted out. Is your hospital unionized? If so, they may be able to help you. Thoughts, and prayers!

Hi everyone!

I'm sitting on the couch watching my husband set up our aquarium. Tomorrow after he gets off work we'll go get fish.

Noel, isn't your vision better now than before the surgery? They weren't worried about it then but now it's a problem?

OC, I had a lady in my store last week that was amazed we sold beer and wine because in her state drug stores couldn't. And in some states some of our stores can sell hard liquor.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

Red: have you had an aquarium before? Salt or tap? I have had several but they are a lot of work, but beautiful and peaceful. My vision is still improving and the hospital doctor insists on the last measurements. My next appointment is the last week of August. Hope your evening with hubby is relaxing.

OC, you should order your items online at Walmart. You drive to a special door and
they put in the car for you. So many people order this way, the employees are in
my way filling orders when I shop.

Here's the link for it. Just make sure you have correct story up for your order.
I have Neighborhood Market closer, but I go to Walmart Supercenter

https://grocery.walmart.com/

Back