8/14/17 - Donuts & Chai Tea

Noel, I've never had fish before but my husband has.

Kat, maybe I should try that at my Walmart because mine is horrible. If you want to see every Walmart cliche I invite you to visit the one on North Main Street in Suffolk, Virginia. You will not be disappointed :rotfl:

Kat, I do order online, then go to the store to pick up the prescriptions. That way I don't have to pay for them at the store. I go up to the counter, they give them to me and I go. I can see how that could be a problem in some stores or at certain times of day but it isn't bad at my Wal-Mart at the time of day I go. Having a drive-up door wouldn't help with my problem, which is an 80 mile round trip drive to get to the store. The home health nurse is working with my doctor's office to get them mailed to me.

IamRed, I bet you are going to enjoy your aquarium. I used to have one and would love to now, if I had someone who would take care of it for me. I don't have the will or energy to do anything like that now.

Noel, the salt water aquariums are beautiful, aren't they? I hope you can get something worked out at your job before the end of the month.

Well, I'm fit to be tied. Between dealing with the car issues and the mental health agency, I've about had it up to here. I'm not one to express anger quickly, so I just fume in private, lol. I was thinking I could chew nails and spit out a barbed wire fence and that reminded me of an old country song. Hey, anything to lift the spirit, right?

kt, I didn't realize the pickup service wasn't in all Walmarts.

OC, I thought it would be helpful for you because Walmart likes
changing stores around and you wouldn't have to wander
around looking for something. But there are some things you'll
have to pick out yourself. Clothes, shoes and things like that.

@IamRed, aquarium fish are a fun hobby; had them for a few years. Tried to breed discus, to no avail. :) A local fish store had a Red Devil that actually displayed intelligence! I was always afraid to try a salt water tank, but my son has a quite small tank, that I think was specially designed for such use. He has had very good luck with it. Once set up, it has required very little maintenance.

Kat, that Walmart pick-up service sounds a good idea, for many things. Was thinking, though, that you would probably miss out on some "Blue-Light Specials." And, the overall ambiance of of your fellow shoppers, as well! :drunk:

Noel, 60 Minutes or Dateline did some reporting regarding disability insurance practices a few years ago. Some of them are outrageous. In all fairness, though, some blame can be laid at the feet of malingerers. I hope that your insurance will eventually play catch-up, and pay you any back-benefits.

Oh, okay, Kat, now I see what you mean. I was thinking just driving up for the prescriptions. It doesn't matter anyway because our Wal-Mart has no drive-ups for anything. It was a good thought though. I used to enjoy shopping in Wal-Mart but now it seems I'm always under time pressure. Ours is a superstore but it is not nearly as large as the ones in bigger population areas. I never see any really weird "fashion" statements on the shoppers, and usually the shelves are not being rearranged like they were yesterday. And I have to say I still enjoy being in there because it is my only "me time, alone." Yeah, I know, that's pretty sad. :rolleyes:

Also have smaller "superstore" WalMart, agree with all OC said.........except, they do change things around once or twice a year, maybe oftener. Also, WalMart CORP decides where things go, employees are given a map of aisles/ products that go on them, and even which shelf, and location on the shelf!!! Thus all stores are laid out similarly, so shoppers visiting a store other than the one closest to home, will be able to readily find what they are looking for

Walmart has a fake inside of store in a warehouse. This is where they do their plan-a-grams
when they redo sections of a store. Then they tell the stores how to fix their shelves.

I had to go in it for the company I used to work with doing something else. It was
interesting to see it.

Back