8-15-17 - Donuts and Moonbeams

I have my ongoing list about the car. I need to check the inside/outside lights after dark. They are hard to see in daylight. Before I call or go by the dealership tomorrow, I WILL be going to Autozone for a free computer check on my car. They also provide a free printout of issues found. Heaven help the dealership if Autozone can find a problem when they couldn't!!!!!!!

Yes, the Dodge dealer is STILL in business since I won my small claim court case and of course they didn't pay me my winnings of $1800. I filed a claim against the business and I keep my information updated and keep my claim updated so when they sell or go under, I will be listed as a creditor.

I purchased the Caravan in 1984, the first year they came out. It was a lemon. Not 2 years into owning the car, and looking at the 2nd engine to be replaced in the car (we replaced the first engine) and then the replacement one is the one I apparently took the head off and dropped for the sheer joy of doing such a thing???? It was needing to be replaced. I asked if they would give me mid-range Blue Book value on the van as a trade in for a newer model Caravan (the car was paid for). Not top Blue Book value, but mid-range value.

I thought I was being reasonable. They said no, the car wasn't worth it. It wasn't, but come on, for customer service, a 2 year old car with less than 30k miles on it, and working on what ended up being the 3rd engine, you'd have thought they'd do anything to get rid of me. The car died several years later when the highway patrol pulled me off the road and red tagged the car. The highway patrol officer gave us a ride home in his car. I donated it to the local PBS station.

Oh, my goodness, I swear there is a black cloud hanging around lately, in fact several. I think that car place, kt, needs to know that the Better Business Bureau may be notified, along with the parent company (car maker) in Detroit (or wherever they are located)

Noel, good for you to get that "good will" refund. Was not so lucky this past spring with a satellite company with which I had a huge hassle, which was not MY fault, was theirs.

rs, sorry to hear about your friend, Jim. I'll keep him in my prayers.

kt, I hope you get your car to Auto Zone. I hope they can figure out what's
wrong with it.

Noel, I'm glad you're getting a small refund. I would ask for receipt of it when
you take the car in.

Robin, that Dodge dealer sounds like a real horror show! It's a shame that we have to sometimes go to war in order to be treated fairly. Our local Dodge/Chrysler dealer seems to be A-OK, so far, at least.

Squirrel, were you given a new battery, at no charge, no matter how close you were to the warranty expiration date?

Good Evening everyone,

I tried to pop in earlier, but hubby couldn't get the address to the plasma donation place to come up in his GPS so I had to give him a ride. He decided to start donating plasma since he can make $70 per week if he donates twice. It will help until he can find a job.

We started our day with Gena getting her 2nd filling, then I took her to the doctor as her throat has been sore for a week. Turns out she has a sinus infection and it on antibiotics. Then we took the trip for hubby, after that I got go to the dentist for my last 2 fillings. I still can't feel my mouth and it's been 2 hours. Dinner was mushy mac & cheese, so I didn't have to chew it.

Sounds like you've all had a crazy day too.

Have a good night.

Manda: glad Gena has meds so she will start to feel better soon. And at least a numb mouth equals no pain. But it always is a weird feeling. Hope you all rest well tonight with positive wishes for a good job for your husband.

manda, I hope Gena feels better soon. When does school start
in your area? I'll keep praying your hubby finds a job.

Last edited:
Squirrel, were you given a new battery, at no charge, no matter how close you were to the warranty expiration date?

Yep! One time it was 1 week before the warranty ran out. I got 3 new batteries in 11 years for my Neon without ever having to buy one because the warranty started over with each brand new one they put in.

Robin, does your state have a "lemon law?" We do, and I hope that I never need to use it. :eek: :eek:

Squirrel, I wish that we had your generous battery warranty policies! If our battery fails half way through the warranty period, we get to buy a new one at half price, and so on. :sad:

kat - Gena goes back to school on Sept 5th.

She seems to be feeling better already after 1 dose of her zythromycin (not sure of the spelling) she gets 1 dose per day for 5 days. She hates it, but I remind her she should be glad it's not amoxycillan, which is 3 doses per day for 7 days, and would likely send her straight to the hospital, as she's allergic.

Thank you all for the continued prayers for my hubby. Hopefully God will point him in the right direction soon. He did get a call yesterday for a plumbing supply company looking for warehouse workers, so here's to hoping.

Robin, does your state have a "lemon law?" We do, and I hope that I never need to use it. :eek: :eek:

Yes, California has a very strong Lemon Law. However, it was not in affect for the year I purchased the car. I used it successfully with a Ford we purchased. But then the dealer was working with us, not against us with that car.

Back