8/16/17 - Donuts & more rain

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
spuppy.gif Good morning all........Sure do hope this rain holds off...my daughter will be leaving today, has to drive to Minneapolis, then the plane back to GA. And the forecasts are not looking good at all. Neither are the skies. Ugh. I fell asleep for about an hour, then was awake til after 2:30 a.m. and awake again at 5:30. Will be draggin' today, and have errands I would like to put off. Sigghhhh.

Wishing you all a lovely day, no headaches, no hassles, and solutions to the problems that seem to have plagued many of us lately. :)

Good morning. It is going to be a hot humid nasty day here. We're finally having August weather instead of October's.

Nature is still off kilter, though. The hostas have already bloomed and withered as if it was late September or early October. The grass is now dormant, and the trees are going straight to brown leaves.

Poirot - prayers going up for your daughter's safe travels.

Good morning. I haven't even looked at our forecast yet but I don't think I need to. It is so overcast and heavy feeling, there has to be rain in the forecast, and continuing heat, in the 90s*. Rain is usually scattered so we may not actually get rain but still, damp conditions.

Poirot, I was thinking your daughter had already left. Wishing her safe travels. I hope your family got things worked out to your satisfaction--or at least for the best possible.

Squirrel, it feels like we are about a month ahead with weather here too. Are you on vacation this week?

I was wrong about the physical therapist yesterday. She's coming this afternoon. I have a lot of things piling up that I need to do. Hard to know where to start. The new hunting year begins August 1. It's time to buy hay, if needed, which I need to check out and make a judgment. These things and more need attention.

I hope all here get a handle on their problems. Thinking of all of you. Will check in later.

Morning Everyone,

Back to work after a weird day yesterday, which I posted about last night. I must say I do prefer the normal routine, rather than a day of unexpected twists and turns.

Poirot - prayers for a safe trip home for your daughter.

RS - sorry your yard is already preparing for winter. My hostas got their first flower bud yesterday.

OC - I hope you can manage to get all of your errands taken care of soon. I wish I was closer to I could help you out.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Morning all.

It's Wednesday. Why does a short week always seem terribly long?????

Nothing much happening here. Hunny Bunny and Mr. Gus have headed to the doctor so Hunny Bunny can have his surgery site checked. This will continue until the dang thing heals.

I hope everyone has a settled day. Those who get rain get, enough, but not too much. And it waits till the day's outside chores are completed.

Rain during the night. It's cloudy and humid today. I took a video of the
Rose of Sharon bush before I did beetle patrol. I got a picture of one.
I worked in flowerbed awhile. I found one beetle on the begonia plant.
It's in a pot. I'll move it if I see another one.

Anyone watching "America's Got Talent"? I saw today since I taped it. I
found out last voting is 6 AM. I guess next week, I vote before I watch
the show. I'm not going to sit and watch live with all those commercials.
It would have been hard for me to pick one anyway.

Poirot, I hope your daughter has a safe trip home.

OC, I hope you figured out how to start your day. I know it's hard to know
what to do first.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day and evening.

It's a Wednesday alright, huge hump! LOL!

For some odd reason I feel exhausted today, aching muscles, and just no energy. So here I sit.

Poirot: wishing your daughter safe travels and no rain during your errands!

RS: I will take your October weather, plus November, December, January, February, and you all my 'warm' weather those months.

OC: wow is that a very long 'to-do' list. Woman I wish you tons of energy combined with your strong pioneer woman spirit!

Manda: glad you are back on routine and Gena/you continue healing/feeling better.

Robin: did you know yesterday APS received a nice fat 4.5% rate increase courtesy of our new AZ Corp Commission? Yep, after last year's 8% rate hike. So glad I have SRP, until they raise their rate too later this year.

Well, here's a toast to everyone of us insomniacs having one very long sound sleep tonight!

@NoelYes, I saw that. Given that APS stacked the AZ Corporate Commission with their personal flunkies, what else could we expect??? Honestly, I'm shocked they didn't get the 5%. I mean, really I love paying so much for my electricity. I really love that here in the valley of the sun, where we could do more solar, APS is cutting back on purchasing solar from folks who have it installed. So you install solar panels, you have extra, but no longer can you sell it to the local power company. Brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another gorgeous day here. I so wish it lasted longer! Trying to be outside as much as possible.

Poirot - Wishing safe travels for your daughter and the rain to stay away.

RS - My hostas have already bloomed also. Way off this year.

OC - I hope you can get to some of your chores too. When one doesn't get good sleep it's hard to do.

Manda - I hope you day is better today than yesterday.

Robin - I can relate. I was off last Monday and it was the longest week all year.

Kat - it seems like you have had enough rain already.

I hope everyone has a better day today!

These are my two daughters...pic taken in Texas.....The one on the right is the one who just left today. When little, people always thought they were twins, lol. (year apart)

1000587_10200153491193997_525022905_n.jpg

It is still nasty hot and humid here. I may have to put the fans on tonight to sleep. It'll only be the second time to use them this summer. Normally, they're on every day and night in July and August.

I just read a few new posts in Donuts from 8/14 about all Walmart stores having the same set up. Nope. I have 5 stores within a half hour of me, and each one is set up differently (and carry different stock). That's why I installed the Walmart app in my phone. When I turn it on, it uses GPS to find out what store I'm in. Then I enter the item / items that I'm looking for so it will tell me which aisle to find it / them.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today was quite the busy day for me as I have returned back to work after being off for some time. For me it is a short week too and it seems to be taking forever to get through. I can not wait till it's Friday and it's the weekend again. C'mon weekend.

Today we had some pretty good weather. Right now it is clear and 70 F, a beautiful summer evening here. We are expected to get some rain later in the week but we are now in a hot weather pattern and I am not complaining. Bring it on. Summer is here and it only took till the middle of August to get it.

Poirot: Your daughters are beautiful.

My cat goes to the vet tomorrow so please keep my cat in your thoughts. I am really hoping for some positive news.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Wednesday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Poirot, you have beautiful daughters!

I'm going to rant some more about my car issues. Not to unload on any of you, but to document my ordeal. Before I went to confront the people who worked on my car, I went to AutoZone and had them run some tests for me. A lot of good that did. I still got the runaround at the dealership. The service "advisor" even told me they didn't know my engine was made in Korea. He also said they were looking at diagrams for an automatic transmission. My car is a 5-speed manual transmission. If a service department can't tell one engine from another or manual vs automatic, what the heck is going on? Here is the funny part: when he told me my engine was made in Korea, I told him I hoped it wasn't North Korea and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about! :rolleyes::rolleyes::angry::angry: It's boiling down to "he said, she said".

Squirrel: enjoy the cooler weather

Sweetie: thinking and praying for your kitty

KT: wow the dumbing down of America where anyone can play auto mechanic?

OC: please sleep all night long

Goodnight all.

Thanks for the picture, Poirot. Your daughters have beautiful smiles

OC, I hope you slept well after your busy day.

Sweetie, I'll be thinking your visit at the vet today.

kt, sorry to hear about your experience at Autozone. Good luck at the
dearlership

KT, we have a law here that involves state inspectors checking into complaints about auto repair shops. For example, shops have to retain all replaced parts, and allow the customer to examine them. There are a bunch of other rules, also. It's possible that your state provides a similar service. A complaint to the Better Business Bureau may be helpful. As a semi-final shot, leave notices on your local internet business-rating websites. I am very sorry that you are being unfairly treated by that dealer. Good luck in your quest!

Just remembered, you can also complain directly to General Motors about their errant dealer.

PS: You may recall that I put large signs in my car windows, and cruised repeatedly around my dealership. :drunk:

kt, sorry to hear about your experience at Autozone.

I didn't have a problem at AutoZone. The battery tested good with a 100% charge. Remember, I charged it myself when I got the car home Monday. The dealership didn't even bother (and admitted that much) and told me I had a bad battery. :rolleyes: AutoZone also gave me a printout of the codes the computer is showing now.

Back