8-23-2016 - Donuts & Visitors

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning. Thunder, lightning,.....and yes, RAIN!!! I woke up at 1am to those delightful sounds and visions. It rained 15 minutes!! Of course, it was a northern wind so was quickly moving. Robin, I hope you are enjoying the rain about now.

Today my brother visits and spends the night. He is leaving before dawn for a trip to Europe for a spiritual nature walk. I admire his strength, preparation, and determination but am a little concerned about his safety. I believe in hiking in pairs, but he always goes it alone. What an adventure!

Most likely I won't post again until tomorrow night after work. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone.

Good morning folks. Ahh, blessed rain. Glad you finally got some, Noel. Sunny & windy again today, they say low 80s. Time will tell. Bookwork, just a bit, plus laundry on agenda for me. Already had dishwasher going, so will empty that eventually. LOL

Have a good one, my friends.

Good Morning,

Noel - enjoy the visit with your brother.

Barb - Low 80's sound pretty good, especially if the breeze sticks around.

Today is super busy with United Way Fundraising events at work. I have stuff scheduled from 10:30 until 1:30 today. Most of which is outside. At least I remembered my sunscreen today. I'm still peeling from the sunburn 2 weeks ago. The doctor gave me the green light to go ahead with my surgery, and a list of medication instructions for the day before, day of, and a few days after. He also reassured me that it should be just fine and that he had his tonsils out in his 30's too. That made me feel a little less nervous. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Noel - RAIN. I'm surprised you didn't get up and do a dance! Have a nice visit with your brother.

Manda - the worst part of surgery is the waiting for me! I just want it over with and heal.

The smoke is so bad here you can't see the vehicles in the parking lot. My throat is throbbing and for the first time in my life I pray for rain or a wind that would take it away. The fires to the North, South, and East are contained now and no danger of homes being taken. But the one to the West is still going strong and of course the wind is slightly blowing our way. It so sad but we are thankful no human lives were taken, not even any animals. The fair grounds here opened up for all the farmers to bring their livestock.

Have a good day

Good morning.

Yes, Noel, we did get some rain. I went to bed early last night and it rained a bunch per the level of the pool. But it was wonderful to get up with a temp BELOW 85 today.

Manda, I had a coworker have her tonsils removed as an adult and she did not follow doctor's directions. She had complications. PLEASE follow the doctor's directions and don't eat chips and salsa with a margarita on day two, even if you feel good. :)

Have a great Tuesday.

Another busy morning for me. Since it's been cloudy and sort of cool, I'm working outside
when I can. I spent an hour in my front flowerbed yesterday after cleaning house. I spent about
an hour in the side flowerbed before going to the school library this morning. The rain in
forecast never came. Summer like weather again tomorrow.

Noel, I'm glad you got some rain. Enjoy your visit with your brother.

Shan, I hope you get rain soon.

manda, I'm sorry Dr Dan can't be your doctor.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day

Last edited:
Well, to be sort of fair to my co-worker, it was Cinco de Mayo. Okay, it was still a stupid idea. And I did chastise her for it, as did every other person in the office. She was with friend friends not work friends when she did that boneheaded move.
I spent an hour in my front bed yesterday
I read that and thought, what, two beds, a front bed and a back bed?? And why would you stand in front of your bed for an hour????? Why wouldn't you sit on your bed? OH! It's a flower bed. Okay, then it all made sense.

Hello everyone. Manda, I hope everything for your surgery is just fine. Do you get to eat ice cream? When I was 5 years old, I was in the hospital for a bladder/kidney infection. The little boy in the bed next to me had his tonsils out and got to eat ice cream all the time. I was so jealous, lol, but he did share is coloring books with me.

Stay safe, Shan. Fires are so scary.

Nothing new here, just Remmy being Remmy. Instead of one treat, the Treat Wagon lady is now giving her three. That ups the ante a bit, lol.

Take care.

kt - I'll get those instructions from the surgeon. But I'm guessing ice cream, Popsicles, yogurt, bananas, mashed potatoes, maybe some soup. All things that I love, but mostly not great for my diabetes. I think I'll enjoy it while I can anyway, at least as much as I'm able to. :)

All the talk about tonsils brought memories back for me. My cousin and I, two weeks apart in age, had ours out together at age 5. Spent several days on the bed, eating ice cream and soup, and doing lots of coloring. I hope you get to eat at least some ice cream, Manda. Maybe EricSweetie will share her coloring book with you! :)

Long day here. Had to make two trips to town but I won't bore you with details of why this time. At least it was the town that is only 25 miles away instead of 40. Weather was okay. Partly cloudy, low 90s* and humid, but breezy. Noel and Robin, I'm so glad to hear you got rain. It was hard to believe our dirt roads were dry two days after the 7-9 inches of rain we got over the weekend!

Good evening all,

We've had nice dry weather with a cool breeze the past few days, only in the low 80sF and nights in the upper 50sF. Sadly, that hasn't gotten rid of the mosquitoes. I'm finishing season 5 of Downton Abbey tonight! I've gotten hooked! This might be my favorite season so far.

I also finished another of my books earlier (Inside the Middle East: Making Sense of the Most Dangerous and Complicated Region on Earth by Avi Melamed). I'm taking a Modern Middle East course, so I figured I'd better continue reading all of these foreign policy books while I can--school starts a week from tomorrow.

Shan, stay safe. I sure hope that fire is put out soon.

Manda, good luck on your surgery. Hope everything goes well.

Have a nice night, everyone. I need to read the recaps for Days yesterday and today.

@days.....have missed you a lot, my friend. Wheel of Fortune was in Philadelphia & yesterday mentioned being at the oldest Italian restaurant in the U.S.....Ralph's in Philly. I thought of you and wondered if your family has visited there yet?

Did you ever go to FL with your friends?

My daughter had to have some blood drawn today. She now looks worse than any pin cushion you ever saw, as they tried veins, arteries, hands, arms, hit nerves, she has bandages every where on BOTH arms. They kept calling in people from other depts., because of no success. (I have those hard to find veins as well). (I felt so bad for her.)

Sure is hard when your children live so far away.......she has to undergo some surgery on Friday, so...could you all just say a prayer or two for her. The name is Karen, and thank you so much.

I saw the Wheel of Fortune (well, part of it) while I was on the treadmill in the gym yesterday, Poirot. Was nice to see but I have yet to go to that restaurant. Will have to try it. As for FL, we never ended up going. After my trip to Israel, two of my friends traveled to Europe, and none of us had enough money left, lol. And other things got in the way. I may go see them in New Orleans in winter, though.

Back