8/4/2017 - Donuts and waiting for the cable man

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday I ended up having to go into the office and my internet kept dropping and I couldn't stay connected to the VPN (virtual private network), so now I wait for the cable man, or possibly woman, to arrive between the hours of 8-12, to check out things. Whoo hooo.

Yesterday afternoon was wild and crazy. We didn't have damage at the house, but wow, looking at the neighborhoods just a few blocks away. I'll go out later and see if "Beck Lake" has water. The lot next to me is a containment pond. The idea is that all run off water goes into this deep grassy area and eventually it soaks back into the ground water system.

It is Friday. I hope it treats everyone well.

We had a wind and rain last night, but flowerbed seems dry.

A cool morning and I'm outside weeding wearing a jacket. I'm trying to
get close up of humming bird, but it's not working out.

I hope everyone has good Friday.

Morning Everyone,

Very chilly today. I think it's 55 this morning, and I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm off to a late start as we started the day with a trip to the dentist for Gena to get a filling. Between the Valium and the nitrous oxide, sure made her silly. She was all silly and goofy in the car on the way there and could barely sit up. On the way home she would randomly start crying uncontrollably. She seems to be mellowed out a bit now. I'm working from home now so I can keep an eye on her for the day.

Robin - glad you got rain, but that sounds like maybe a little too much too fast.

KT - enjoy the cooler temps.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Friday friends.

Today is my last scheduled appointment with the vision expert for post-op review of my right eye. They will also be dilating my eyes and testing them for prescriptive contacts/glasses. Then I need to wait a couple of weeks for both eyes to finish healing drops for a final prescription. So dilated eyes mean my vision is blurred and very sensitive to light. So I won't be stopping by as often, to protect them today.

Robin: still not a drop of rain here. A lake? What is that? VPN networks are a pain sometimes but sure hope your situation is resolved quickly today.

Kat: amazing your flowerbeds were dry today. Hope your day is a lovely one for what you have planned.

Manda: nitrous oxide gives me mood swings too. Everyone else in the family just gets great laughs, but I switch from laughing to crying without notice. Sure hope Gena feels herself quickly again and glad you are working from home to help her do just that.

Make it a great Friday everyone!

Good morning everyone,

Was busy the last few days, which is why I wasn't really online. Weather here in SoCal has been warm and even humid! The nights have been pretty warm as well. For those not familiar with the climate out here, it's dry and nights are cool (60sF generally) in summer, with the exception of maybe 2-3 nights during a heatwave in August or September.

Our nights now have been about 75F or so the past few days, even though the daytime temperatures haven't been soaring into the 90sF or triple digits. I'm guessing the monsoon from the Southwest and the 74F ocean temps have something to do with it. We've been going to the beach and hiking a lot. On Wednesday, we went to LA to visit family, and also stopped by Venice Beach and the Santa Monica pier.

Today we're spending the day in La Jolla, and I think my brother and mom are seeing some friends later today as well.

Hope all of you have a nice day and enjoy the cooldown.

Good afternoon. I called yesterday afternoon and gave the head mechanic authorization to fix my car. It's a gamble, but at least I don't have to worry about the decision anymore. He actually told me my car might be ready today. That didn't even sound reasonable, but what do I know? So, my landlord stopped by there today and the head mechanic said they had to order the parts, which would be here Monday.

I worked at a Yamaha shop when I was sixteen years old (1976). I could look on the microfiche for a certain part, walk to the parts room to check the shelves, and tell someone in a few minutes if we had the part. In this computer age, what is the deal with them not being able to figure out if a part is in stock or not? :rolleyes:

Take care everyone.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fantastic day. Today has been an okay day. I woke up and did some chores that had to get done around the house. I was able to do them rather quickly and then went out to do some grocery shopping. The stores were pretty packed today as it is a long weekend here in Ontario. It is not a statutory holiday so not everyone has the Monday off, but I do regardless, because I am on vacation.

The weather right now is okay although it is supposed to storm later today. Right now it is mostly cloudy and 73 F.

Wishing all of you a fantastic Friday! Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Days: yes California is sorta baking this week but your mornings/evenings sound great. Your family trip sounds wonderful. How did your Dad's interview go? Keep having fun.

KT: kudos for moving ahead to resolve the vehicle repairs. Who knows why the slow lane is the favorite of this computer age. Hoping Monday you have your vehicle back with a purring engine.

McSweetie: glad you are enjoying your vacation, chilling and enjoying each day. Happy weekend.

My eye exam gave awesome results!! Joy!
Left eye now 20/30 from 20/50 last week!! Right eye now 20/20 from 20/25!!

Readers will help left eye read and will get prescription in 3 weeks. In the meantime, my eyes still get drops to complete healing and maintain improve again!! Your prayers and wishes greatly appreciated!:)

Oh Noel, my heart just leapt for joy when I read about your eyes! I've been praying for improvement. That is such good news.

Kt, it's also good to hear you are moving forward with your car problems. Will continue to pray for good results.

Today my niece had to put her car in the shop. I followed her and her grandson the 40 miles to the shop and picked them up. She didn't know if she'd have to leave it for more than today or not so we went and ate at the Mexican place where my husband and I used to eat all the time but don't get to go to anymore. Then we went to Wal-Mart and did some shopping and then made a quicker stop at a regular grocery store. Great news that her car was ready by then so I dropped them off and came on home. Got here by 3:30, with lots to unload. It felt so very hot outside, at only 98*.

I haven't watched yesterday's show or read today's summary so it's time for me to relax and do that. Wishing all of you a good evening and a pleasant weekend.

Degrassi, is the Santa Monica pier where they have (or at least at one time did have) an amusement park with a big roller coaster that went out over the water? Two of my high school friends and I went to Pepperdine College the summer after we graduated high school and we went to what I think was the Santa Monica pier (but is has been so long ago--1961--I could be wrong about the name). Anyway, we had so much fun, riding the rides and flirting with the sailors!

I found out this morning my Rose of Sharon is covered with Japanese beetles. I'm not sure
what I'm going to do because spraying them would hurt the butterflies and hummingbirds
if they got nectar from the plant.

This morning, the hummingbird was playing a game with me or it seemed like one.
At one time, I heard it. I looked at a plant and it wasn't there. Then out of the corner
of my eye I saw it less than two feet from me. No time to get a picture.

kt, I'm glad you made the decision about your car. Hopefully, it will be done on Monday.

Noel, I'm glad your eyes got a good report.

manda, I'm hope Gena is feeling better by now.

OC, I'm glad you had a nice time with your niece and her grandson.

DaysD, I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation.

Sweetie, enjoy your vacation.

I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Back