8-8-17 - Donuts and School

I dread having to replace my water heater in Sacramento. It is in a closet built for the water heater. But NOW, with the new energy saving rules and California, the new hot water heater will be 4 inches bigger around. Doesn't sound like much, but it will no longer fit in the closet built for it, so, what to do???

Can't go with a smaller one as it wouldn't be code and couldn't sell the house. Pay for a new water heater and then pay for a new closet to be built? Which would require permits as doorways and such would need to be moved. Go with instant hot water units?? Very pricey but would it be cheaper than reconstruction??? I guess I will find out eventually.

Hunny Bunny has finished chores, so he picked up Mr. Gus. But I was just notified that Hunny Bunny needs to go get his prescriptions filled, so it appears Mr. Gus will get a car ride and another visit. Which is fine, he is very well behaved here, as he has a bed and a chair to sleep on.

I finally have good news regarding my kidney stone. It's out. Surgery yesterday went really good. He also was able to take out the stent. That was really good news because it hurt, all the time. I hope and pray I never have to go through that again.

We had a really good time at the ocean. The weather has been in the 90's here and at the coast was in the 80's. We really lucked out. The granddaughters loved every minute of it and didn't want to come home. We promised next year would stay longer.

We have so much smoke in our area from fires in Canada, we were listed has the worst air in the "world".

RS - Isn't it kind of weird they are stating school already? Are they a all year school and just have 2-3 weeks off all year?

Muzz - that's scary when the thunder brings you out a dead sleep.

Robin - enjoy your day with Mr Gus. Hopefully he enjoys going to work with you.

Manda - you sure have had the bad luck lately. I'm glad it turned out to be the water hose and not a new hot water tank.

Kat - you are cleaning machine. Wish you lived closer!!

Noel - I missed you while I was typing. Glad to see you're better! Your kids starting school also. Isn't it early?

Robin: love how sweet Mr Gus is as traveling pup. Good luck on the water heater situation. I remember we replaced ours due to leak, had closet issues so moved it to garage. That, when finished, was $1500 but cheaper than construction on closet.

Shan: wonderful news that your surgery well!!!:) Also nice to read your vacation was relaxing and fun. Just in time to feel better for Autumn and holiday months.

Yes school starts early here to give longer holiday breaks. That translates as more expensive childcare for working parents. Plus it is too hot for kids to play or practice sports outdoor so they are exploding with energy after school. And heat makes for sweaty grumpy kiddos.:rolleyes:

A late hello. I don't know where this day has gone. By the time I gave the husband a bath and then the physical therapist came, followed by the home health nurse, it was already afternoon. Then there was lunch. I've gotten one load of clothes washed and that's about it.

Cloudy skies with mild temperatures, in the 80s, I think, again today. But did anybody see that full moon last night? It came up here in a spot where there are some trees but it was still big and orange when it got above them (good thing the trees are mesquites and not the big towering trees like in some areas). After about five minutes it was hidden by clouds but it sure was pretty while it lasted.

OC, I saw the moon on the 6th and it was beautiful. It has either been cloudy and/or foggy here since I can't remember when, so any glimpse I get of the sky is special!

For those of you interested in watching the solar eclipse, I read many libraries across the country are giving out free eclipse glasses. I already bought some for myself and neighbors. I doubt our small libraries will be participating. You might want to call and ask your local libraries, especially if you live in or near a large town.

Good evening everyone,

Was a tad sunnier today and 80F, but the humidity was high so the mosquitoes were out. I don't mind the warm-albeit-cooler weather, especially at night, but it's pointless when it's not preventing the bugs from being everywhere!

OC, sadly I didn't see the moon as it was raining. Hopefully tomorrow, because it's supposed to be clear.

I walked the dogs (and then Sally with my mom this evening) and had personal training. Other than that, just kind of relaxed. I'm struggling to readjust to East Coast time. Writing an article right now for The Forward. I also need to apply to this writing job my mom sent me for a magazine (I think Bustle?).

Hope all of you are having a nice night.

Back