9-12-17 - Donuts and More

Which is probably why my son-in-law turned off the freezer portion of the frig. Still have to find out how he did it. Was hard to believe his truck could run for 4 hours, but guess he had a full tank of gas.

I also would like to know! If the truck was running, I would guess that he had an inverter (12volt to 120volt) large enough to power the fridge. Automotive alternators can be modified to put out 120 volts, and powered by a small gasoline engine. It would be nice to have one of those automatic back-up generators that run on natural gas (or LP?). Losing power, especially in the winter, is scary! :eek:

Yes, already said the truck was running.....ran for 4 hrs. And no, he had no such thing, not in the middle of a huge storm that kept one inside, etc. I will find out how it was done........

AGuy was just wondering, like I am, how to convert DC vehicle power to AC for home use. A generator/welder is designed to do that, running on gasoline, but to convert a vehicle must take more expertise than I know about. Some of us want to know how, lol!

That has me wondering too so we all will learn something when we have the answer. :)

Yes, kudos to Poirot's son-in-law for his inventiveness! Passing this link on to Hubs for a review. Without A/C here people die very quickly so it would be nice to know there is an alternative to electricity flow.

I am trying to get the answer, but they are leaving tomorrow a.m. for Europe, a business trip for him....so, imagine they are up to their ears. Plus they just put their house up for sale.

here's the answer.........

"Ah! It's a new Toyota Tacoma. It has a 110volt outlet in the bed! I didn't realize that so I thought he did something tricky and he had forgotten about it and had not used it. and remembered in the middle of the night! So he jumped out of bed at 3am and pulled out the frig and ran extension cords and started up the truck!"

Back