9/21/17 - Donuts and Meltdowns

mandamiee

Reaction score
Morning folks,

Well, last night I had a total meltdown after I got home from choir practice. I come home to find Gena still not done with even her first worksheet of 2. She started working on it at 5:15 pm and was still not done at 7:45 pm, and hadn't even started the 2nd sheet as hubby decided she could watch TV while doing her homework.

Then he had the audacity to call me lazy after because I didn't want to have to bag up what clothes of Gena's I had already folded and put back in her dresser for the exterminator coming today. I point blank asked him why the "h e double hockey stick" he couldn't do it anytime between last Friday when he made the appointment and today, seeing as he doesn't have a full time job or any other commitments at the moment.

Ugh it was a very ugly night and this morning all I want to do is cry, but alas I'm back at work so we can pay the bills.

Ok, I'm done venting, sorry.

I woke up to 70* temps with highs in the upper 80's or lower 90's for today. We got some super wicked thunderstorms last night that knocked out the power for about 30 seconds, but they didn't bring the heat down. We're supposed to continue the upward temperature trend through the weekend.

Hope you all have a better day than I am.

Good Morning Friends.

My we are all a little late starters this morning. Hope everyone is feeling good and their workday is off to a good beginning. We are all a very busy group of people!

Our weather remains constant: 98F, full sun, no clouds and perhaps an evening dust storm. I really miss the beauty of Autumn so we have placed Autumn wallpapers on the units laptops. Hey, every little bit helps. Some of the staff have started putting out Halloween decorations a wee bit early. We only use sweet ghosts, witches, and animals to not offend the parents with a critically ill child.

Poirot: wishing you an easier day of packing, sorting, items to keep/give/discard in preparation for your move.

Squirrel: hope your temperature is normal, the aches & pains lessened, and you are feeling much better.

Kat: sure hope those irritating fruit flies/gnats are gone now.

Manda: please tell us those vampire critters have left the building. So sorry last night was tense and exhausting. Wishing you a lighter day and relaxing evening. :hug:

JS: hope you have a clear day for errands & projects.

Robin: wishing you a great day working at home with Mr. Gus.

Thinking of each of you and wishing you the best day possible!

Last edited:
Noel - the vampires are getting evicted at 2 so they have a few more hours to enjoy my house. LOL. I put up my jack-o-lantern window clings at work on Monday.

JS - yes, the frustration level hit an all time high last night which is exactly why I exploded at my family. I did apologize to Gena for having a meltdown as I was putting her to bed, but I did explain that she needs to not watch TV while doing homework so she can focus on her work. I hope you have a smooth workday with few distractions.

Good afternoon. Today has been pretty quiet, except for Remmy's craziness when the garbage truck came by, lol. She is like a dog calling wolf, instead of a boy in a fable, lol.

I woke up to 70* temps with highs in the upper 80's or lower 90's for today.

Your temperatures are just like mine, 71* for a low and 91* for the high today. That is weird!

Then he had the audacity to call me lazy

Don't let what he said get to you. Some people will try to make you look bad to boost themselves into a better position, but it's really all about him. It's the "we see things the way we are, not the way they are". This is good reading for an overview: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysfunctional_family

Good afternoon folks......I had to go into town early for dr. appt. just got back a while ago. We are at 79 today, and tomorrow is to be 88!! What the heck is going on. In August we had a hard time getting to 70. Rain is due in again, yesterday we did not bet much, it was north of us. Really is a beautiful day, tho. Pine needles are coming down like rain, covering roof, sidewalk, etc. I keep having to go into town, this was the 3rd day this week, and again tomorrow. just too much for sure.

Mandy, I feel your pain, been there, done that, frustrating beyond belief, especially when others feel they have done no wrong. Rant away, we are always here.

Eras..changing jobs in itself is a challenge, an adventure, a new beginning! Good luck!

Guy, glad the medical stuff was better than expected, and you got a good night's sleep after!

JS......don't know which is worse, being chained to the work desk, or having to absolutely run errands that MUST be done, with not all that much time to do so. :)

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. Glad to see you stop in, Eras. Best wishes on the job change.

Guy, I'm happy to hear your doctor thing wasn't so bad.

Poirot, all those trips into town---I feel for you!

Kt, sometimes I think I need a Remmy to alert me when someone is on the place. It's sooo quiet here!

J.S., I'm with you on the seasons. I always get depressed for a day or two when the first cold spell hits and I know summer is really gone.

Manda, my heart goes out to you. Enough said, from me.

Noel, you sound like such a creative decorator. My niece is like that, only she is a "trash to treasure" kind of person. She's collected more stuff than anybody I've ever known, so she can always drag out things to make decorations. This week she had made a cute fall setting next to her cattleguard, of two "scarecrow" characters, all dolled up, sitting amidst a collection of other fun things. Somehow, her cows managed to get through the fence and tear up the whole thing so that it now looks like a pile of rubble! Her cows are strange. They tear up everything. She just laughs about it and goes and puts together something else.

The mouse problem has settled down lately in my vehicles. (I'm sure they are just resting up and getting prepared for a cold weather invasion). But now I have one that I have no idea how to address. My beautiful, pleasant sun room across the back of the house. My refuge, my comfort zone, my one little spot for privacy, my sleeping quarters, a "me" space. There is now a dead mouse smell out there and it is so strong I can't sleep there or spend any time there during the day. I'm almost 100% sure the mouse is not inside the house. There simply is no place for it to enter. But I don't know how it could be under the house or in the attic either, since that all got sealed up a couple of years ago. I do not know where it is coming from or how it got there, and I can't think of any way to figure it out. It looks like I will have to wait for the smell to go away, while sleeping in another room in the house in the meantime. I have a pretty good idea how long that takes!

Another day in the high 80s here. I got home from school this morning and found
bugs in the kitchen. After lunch, I washed my dishes. Then I vacuumed and sprayed
under the couch. I moved it so I could get behind it and I shouldn't have since it's heavy.
Then I went out and raked leaves. I wish I had time to take a nap.

manda, sorry to hear about your evening.
I hope tonight is a better one.

A. Guy, I'm glad your medical experience went well.

OC, sorry to hear about the dead mouse smell. I hope you figure it out.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day and evening.

O.C....I once had a dead one UNDER the frig. Every time the frig turned on, there was that awful smell.

We really went round the house, sealing up anything that looks suspicious. Yes, I had spells of them in the house, the basement, but we finally managed to get the "doors" for them sealed shut. I do hope you will be able to locate what is causing the smell, or at least have it alleviate???

Afternoon all.

It's been a day and it's not even over yet. Sheesh, I'll be glad when my mornings can return to normal. Or more normal than this week has been.

I have a medical thing tomorrow. Have to prep tonight and be at the hospital tomorrow at 7. So I may not make it here at all. It's a normal run of this test, so hoping that all goes well and I can come home and sleep the rest of the day away.

OC, does your house have forced-air heat ducts? If a mouse gets in one, they are hard to find.

I'm not sure what that means, A. Guy. My house has central air with ducts in the attic so I guess that might be it. However, the sun room has a separate system--a mini-split with no duct work. The mouse smell is only in that room. The rest of the house is okay.

Kt, I looked for ant trails. None. I guess it's been too hot for the ants. I didn't see any around at all. But I did finally discover a small hole dug under the siding to the sun room. I plugged it up. If something is alive under there, it will be dead now.:sick: I've been trying to keep the holes plugged so the snakes won't go under there. The siding goes a little below ground level but it needs to have cement at the bottom.

Back