9/27/17 - Donuts and Wide Awake!

It took me all day, but I finally found a place for the rabbit. I called my vet.
They said call someplace else. After three more calls, I contacted the
Game and Fish Commission. A woman takes cares of rabbits and possums. It's too bad
I didn't call her sooner. She was just in the big town and too close to home
to turn around. I didn't want to drive there tonight because it will be dark when
I started home and the deer will be out. Hopefully, I can get there tomorrow.
She's an hour from me.

Rabbit will be spending night in bathroom. Goldie isn't happy it's here. My
cat was outside all day. He's
inside now.

shan, I read some people trim the cat's nails. I don't know if the cat would
sit still for that. Good luck.

Way back a billion years ago, we had a cat. Actually we had 3. I am not a cat person. But since I worked at a veterinary office, children brought home the kittens from the box in front of the grocery store, several times. And those folks would NOT take them back. But I digress.

I went out into the back yard where we had some tree parts that we used in the fireplace, some still had the bark on. I brought that in and the cats used that instead of people, drapes, furniture to scratch and claw on. It was messy but easily swept up with the cat hair, dog hair, Legos, Play-Doh, guys guns, swords and other whatnots that 3 cats 2 dogs, 3 underage males and one adult male leave around the house on the floor.

Firstborn son's cats love the cardboard scratching posts. Those are messy too if it works. If your cat is truly psycho, you could see if he/she likes wearing booties.

Keeping the nails short helps if only for the damage done to you when you upset the mood of a resting feline.

As for the rabbit, they make a really good stew with red wine and lots of garlic, as I am highly allergic to their fur or dander. And I prefer breathing. The only way I handle rabbits is in a stew or roasted.

In re: that e-mail. #1...it was sent to business e-mail addy #2 the grammar is terrible #3...never received it before, yet it claims to be 2nd notification...tries to insinuate someone else has been holding this money, and perhaps getting me to spend some. LOL

#4.....they want me to "verify" info.......yet asks for COUNTRY?? hAHAHAHA.

AND then ask for a scan of my passport, driver's license........oh, my gosh. If anyone is an heir to anything, the name, address etc. would be known, and would receive notice by mail, regular mail. I hate that there are people who are so gullible to fall for this junk. I read, and laugh as who the heck would fall for this. But I guess people do. Tooo sad.

My older son used to live in Miami, where he got a lot of acting jobs without having to belong to a union. He boarded with an elderly woman, (as did a few other young guys, all from the college down there) and she would fall for these scams, but back then were regular mail. She would be sending money. As much as the fellows would try and convince her it was a scam, she was undeterred. So, if they saw an envelope addressed to the scammer, they would take it, tear it up, her check as well. She only would think her checks just never got cashed. But they were all concerned about her.

The amount of people who fall for these scams is scary. We had so many people coming in trying to buy $2000 in iTunes gift cards to pay the IRS. Lucky for them our policy prohibits us from selling more $1500 in gift cards in one day to one person and even then you would only be able to buy one $500 card.

One time I had to explain to a guy that when you win money from Publishers Clearing House they automatically take the taxes out and that the taxes on $10,000 would be more than $150.

The stupid hurts my brain sometimes.

Manda, thanks for the explanation about the dream catcher. Very interesting.

Kat, I'm so glad you found someone to take in the bunny. I've always loved rabbits. It is very kind of you to go so far out of your way to take care of him.

Shan, I was telling my niece about your scratching kitty. She knows a lot about cats. For whatever it's worth, here are her suggestions: Get either a cat tree or a scratching post. Either of those should have carpet pieces for the scratching surface. Be sure and get a bottle of catnip to spray on them so the cat will be attracted to it and will get used to going to it to scratch instead scratching you. Also, you could get some kitty toys, with fabric, and spray the catnip on them. I don't know if any of this will work but she said you can get it at Wal-Mart or wherever they have pet supplies, and I don't think any of it is terribly expensive.

Noel, good for you! Sleep tight.

Also glad to live rural, where police and fire trucks don't have to come whenever an ambulance is needed.

Your neck of the woods is certainly different from mine, lol. Anything that happens around here brings the local, county and state police, plus a fire department and ambulance service. I never know if there is something serious going on or someone just has a nose bleed, lol.

I am here to inform you that the ATM card worth US$1.5, 000.000.00 has

Not only was that letter written in horrible English, but what the heck is US$1.5,000.000.00? :rotfl:

My dream catcher looks similar to this one.

My Dreamcatcher looks like this, lol:

upload_2017-9-28_19-21-27.jpeg

Back