9-30-17 - Donuts and Less Light

Good Saturday evening, everyone. I haven't been posting as much lately, either here or on the Days site. I have not been feeling too great lately, and have had a lot of doctor visits. Today was a quiet day and a day of rest for both my mother and me.

A belated happy birthday wish, Noel. I am glad you had a good day and got to spend time with your husband. Hopefully you and Robin get the cooler weather you so desire.

Poirot, I feel for you and hope that your move will go smoothly with your family helping out. Our house has a lot of accumulated stuff. My brothers are constantly wanting my mother to downsize and have the two of us move into a smaller apartment. However, the rent prices around here are astronomical and it is much cheaper for us to stay where we are. My mom is also reluctant to move and downsize most of her things.

It took us over two years to convince her to give away the two cars she and my dad had after he passed away. She doesn't drive anymore and I have my own car. I cannot even take her to doctor appointments which might have been a reason to keep one of the cars. We have to call for gurney transport. We finally convinced her to get rid of them and it turns out my sister and brother-in-law needed them so they came earlier this year and took them.

I hope everybody else enjoys the rest of the weekend.

OC, your husband is very blessed to have you. Please try to take care of yourself, as well. :hug:

Noel, I am sorry that I missed your birthday! I had been looking for the perfect cake, and the rest is history. I hope you enjoyed your special day!

Poirot, I feel your pain regarding moving! Hope you can take some time to relax during the stressful events. I'm not looking forward to the next time that I have to move!

Poirot: Once I check my schedule this week for October, if I have a day off weekdays I will be happy to do a summary or two for you. The thing is, I have never written one so you will really be missed! And yes, I think all of us would show up daily to lend you hand if we lived nearby!

Thanks AGuy and Jen for your belated birthday wishes. They are received with an open and thankful heart!

Rent here is insane too. We live in the only apartment complex in my city (that’s in a decent neighborhood) where the rent is under $1000. Our rent is more than my brothers mortgage payment. I’ll be glad when we’re able to build a house. That will also eliminate our insane water bill.

I get tired and depressed just thinking about it all.

My heart goes out to you. It's stressful enough to move, but giving up half your life at a home you love is the hardest. I pray your adjustment brings some blessings in disguise.

Kt, are the yellow flowers goldenrod? Is that a swing in the background or part of an old gate or what?

Yes, those are goldenrods and the blue mist flowers. The structure in the background is a small, covered deck/dock on the edge of the neighbors' little pond (I don't think the pond is visible in the picture). He probably hasn't been able to mow around there due to all the rain. Maybe not good for them, but good for me to see the wildflowers and tall grasses.

When I helped dad and stepmom move from house to condo, stepmom took things out of the drawers, told me who gave the object to her, as she remembered the last time she used it, and how much it meant to her, then she handed it to me and I put it in either the Goodwill box or the consignment box.

My dad on the other hand, not so much. Going through his stuff, he kept saying, we need to keep this. Dad, why do we need to keep a partial reel of fishing line? He'd say "I might want to go fishing again." Okay, when was the last time you went fishing? Oh, that doesn't matter, I might want to go. He took much longer and more stuff ended up in trash.

So I do know the pain you are feeling. And one I will be looking at when we go to move into the the condo.

Back