SPOILER !! A return????

Normally I'd say take the stuff on this website with a grain of salt. BUT, as we've seen with the last handful of leaked audition tapes/scripts, these things have come to fruition (or are about to). Maybe EJ really is on his way back to Salem (but not in the form of James Scott, since I don't think he'd want to return).

It'll be interesting to see if this does actually happen.

I can't get that to open. My work computer says it is an unsafe site.

Is this the same audition tape that was reported about a week ago elsewhere on the Spectator? That one had the actor going through lines from a very old scene with EJ (voiced by someone off camera).

Slow me. I see that Kat and JS already answered the question about them using the old EJ scene. Thank you ladies.

I for one, have absolutely NO interest in seeing a return of EJ DiMera. I was very happy when he was written out. Alas, some get their wishes, some do not.

James Scott (EJ) has said quite often he has absolutely NO interest in returning to Days.

I for one, have absolutely NO interest in seeing a return of EJ DiMera. I was very happy when he was written out. Alas, some get their wishes, some do not.

James Scott (EJ) has said quite often he has absolutely NO interest in returning to Days.
I wonder why he has stated he will not come back to Days. Has this ever been discussed as to his reasons?

In an interview after he left (or near the end of his run as EJ) he talked about how he hated his storyline. He said on the weekends he'd go away to the canyons, and in his frustration (at the storyline), he'd stand there and scream curse words at the top of his lungs. Said something about how annoyed the neighbors probably were.

I'm guessing he hated EJ as the wimpy "Avon lady"; and I think he really disliked EJ and Abby's affair.

I would hope he also hated the fact that he was a rapist. Knowing he hated his storyline and character makes me love him as an actor that much more. I've always liked him as an actor. I just hated the character of EJ Dimera. If only they had kept him as EJ Wells the race car driver. Now, I liked EJ Wells, so mysterious, intriguing. But oh well. The writers screwed that up.

And on that note, I hope and pray that this character isn't coming back. H-e-double hockey sticks NO! Please let it be someone, anyone at all, but EJ Dimera.

I get that oldsoapie, and I still watch Days, despite the many times I swore back then I'd never watch again. Haha.

My problem with EJ's rape of Sami, specifically, was how the show portrayed the rape and then romanticized the rape. The show made them a "super couple", and shoved that love story down our throat. And EJ never once felt any remorse, or never once was told how wrong the rape was. The rape was, according to the show, the start of the "most romantic" love story.

Sorry, as a victim of a sexual crime, I cannot ever take such a thing with a grain of salt.

Yes, the show dealt very poorly with that particular story. And did a disservice to itself by doing so. Again, Corday should have stopped the subsequent pairing of the couple, but since he rarely pays any attention to story, it failed. Despite all those who ignored the facts & swooned over the two characters being together.

I truly hope we never have anything even remotely similar happen again. Hating this Scooter nonsense, hard to believe it is thought that fans would like the idea of a slimey pervert trying to blackmail a female (any female). While married to a cop yet, one who is truly nosy, but seemingly ignorant of what her hubby is up to.

A "rape" storyline was also how Luke and Laura started on General Hospital but those writers tweaked it so that it turned out Laura wasn't really saying no, didn't know how to deal with the fact that she gave in to Luke so then said "rape."

Days writers could take a lesson from how that story was handled as Luke and Laura went on to be an extremely popular pairing; depending on which soap publication you read and/or believe, they were the most popular. And please don't anyone jump down my throat or accuse me of minimizing the act of rape - I am also an assault survivor - TWICE. I just refuse to let either of the parties involved tarnish any more of my life than they already took.

The difference between Luke and Laura and Sami and EJ is that Luke was guilt-ridden over the rape and didn't feel worthy of Laura's love.

Same with Jack and Jennifer. He had raped Kayla and was remorseful for it. He also didn't feel worthy of being with Jennifer, especially since she had also been raped (by Lawrence Alamain). Also, Jack and Kayla never had a warm relationship after the rape. She treated him with icy politeness, at best, because he was her husband's brother.

But with Sami and EJ, he never showed one ounce of remorse or guilt. The most we got was them chuckling over a glass of wine about past "hurts" and she giggled and said she wouldn't shoot him in the head again.

Back