SPOILER !! A return????

All of us EJ/Sami fans are ready for his return, if it happens. ShaSha

Days has already overdone back from the dead characters, just as they have unknown and now grown children. It was a blessing when EJ was killed off, since trying to make a super love story out of a rape was detestable. And it was a rape, I still have pictures, showing Sami's distress at the time. Actually, the whole direction of EJ, Sami, Lucas, and eventually Rafe all took a turn in the wrong direction because of the decision to make light of what happened.

Characters all suffered, as did viewers.

I think he really disliked EJ and Abby's affair.

That may have been at first but he also said in another interview that he came to enjoy it. I think probably once he realized how many fans enjoyed it. If you watch Day of Days clips from 2013, he and Kate Mansi (Abby) look rather chummy as well. This would have been way after those scenes were taped.

This show is full of murderers, drug dealers, crime lords, kidnappers, and yes, rapist. I take them all with a grain of salt. I watch solely for entertainment and take the good with the bad.

The difference is those criminals don't romance their victims. I watch tv for entertainment value too but can't emphasize enough how many people use tv as an example for the real world. Watching a rapist romance his victim doesn't provide entertainment value for me nor does it set an example for younger viewers. Many of us here started watching this show as kids. I remember vividly watching the aftermath of Lawrence raping Jennifer and understanding that that was an example of how not to behave.

Bring Sami back and leave EJ dead!

I could go for this except there will always be a faction of fans going after TPTB asking for this farce of a couple to be back on air. I don't think that is fair to Alison Sweeney (Sami). I'd love nothing more than for old school Sami to destroy Rafe and Hope's relationship right now. I truly think she may be his only hope.

So no, I do not want EJ back in any way shape or form. I don't even want to Johnny and Sydney to be his kids at this point. I wish they would retcon Johnny to be Lucas' and make up some nonsense story (a la Zack Brady) about Sami getting pregnant in the safehouse by Rafe. I know she was pregnant when they met but I'm willing to suspend all belief on this one. The show doesn't seem to have an issue making up other past histories so why not this?

I never meant to imply that rape is proper behavior. The characters on this show and many others have broken all 10 commandments plus some. I taught my children not to believe TV or movies are real and at times used bad behavior as a life lesson. Just a difference in how folks view things.

The show has advanced EJ/Sami to the future. They, meaning EJ/Sami, have addressed the rape years before. So now, they became happy and then life took a turn as you know. Please let's move forward already. Much more to talk about for future happenings. Thank you. ShaSha :hug:

Sorry, but chuckling over a glass of wine about past "misdeeds" wasn't dealing with the rapes. Yes, rapes plural. He physically raped her himself and put Fake Rafe in her bed to rape her a second time. Chuckling over a glass of wine while saying "no more lookalikes" didn't deal with anything. Nor did it absolve him of two heinous acts.

The thing is, the CHARACTER of EJ is dead, and if they attempted to revive the character, too much hatred towards him to even attempt to redeem.

I never meant to imply that rape is proper behavior. The characters on this show and many others have broken all 10 commandments plus some. I taught my children not to believe TV or movies are real and at times used bad behavior as a life lesson. Just a difference in how folks view things.

I think we do view things more similar than you think. I also teach my children not to believe TV or movies are rea,l and at times used bad behavior, as a life lesson. I feel the same way. My daughter and I are both theater kids, so we get it.

My problem is with rape culture. It's a thing. And it's getting worse thanks to stories like Ej and Sami's "love" story.

It's ok that you love EJ and Sami. That's cool, I don't hold it against you, really. I just feel sad that rape culture exists. And EJ/Sami's story was written so that it is one of the many things in society that fuels the fire that is rape culture.

I love Sami, avid fan of Allison Sweeney that I am. And I love James Scott (EJ). That guy is super hot (I mean really, just bring him back as EJ Wells, the race car driver. Say Stefano had him hypnotized to think he was EJ Dimera, and have him remorseful and deeply sorry for the awful things he did to Sami, etc. Then maybe I'd be an EJ/Sami fan too. Haha).

I'm just heartbroken and frustrated that their story was written as it was, and disheartened to see so many people still love them as a couple. I really don't hold it against people. It's just very sad to me that people support them, though. Honest. Just sad, it's a thing. lol.

LOL, That was to preserve the body until it got to Italy. :)
Where or when was this ever stated in the show? I don't recall it, and even if it was, that would never stop the writers from changing it to say it something like, Stefano had EJ shot with a bullet laced with something to slow his heart and Kristen gave him the shot to keep him alive until they got him out of there.

Back