SPOILER !! A return????

Maybe that shot was to pickle and preserve the character. Spicy and with garlic.

Where or when was this ever stated in the show? I don't recall it, and even if it was, that would never stop the writers from changing it to say it something like, Stefano had EJ shot with a bullet laced with something to slow his heart and Kristen gave him the shot to keep him alive until they got him out of there.
It was never stated it was to preserve the body for burial. It was purposely left ambiguous. Just like how they never found Kristen's body after her fall from the window.

While Stefano did say that EJ was buried in Italy, and Sami got ashes of a stranger, we know that can easily be rewritten.

I will say I was a huge fan of Alison Sweeney (Sami), and the character of Sami for many years. For me, it changed in re: Sami when they had her cheat on Rafe with EJ, when both watched the news, assumed Johnny was dead. It was disgusting. And then, they had her toy with Lucas for a bit, while she was playing around with EJ, eventually making a supposed love story of EJ & Sami. Even when HE CHEATED on her she was fine with him, took her revenge on Abby.

As for the actress, it used to bug me, with all her personal appearances on various talk or news shows, she rarely said anything about Days, spent most of the time touting Biggest Loser or a book she had written. It was as if she could not be bothered to talk of Days.

But the worst was the last return, for the Days Anniv., when she insisted on changing whatever storyline they had written for her, to make it all about her & EJ. I guess I thought, at the time, the sudden murder of her son, his funeral, etc. would have offered plenty of drama. Hey, just me...I know others feel much differently.

For the record, EJ and Sami did talk about the rape and EJ did apologize, I believe sincerely. The conversation wasn't perfect, but it was pseudo believable, and it was here and shortly after that I began to root for them as a couple.

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/2008summaries/may2.html

See Thursday, May 15, 2008, third paragraph. Or read the entire week for some memories, and timely ones at that!

Anyway, I was a fan. Then so much other stuff happened, most of which has been included already in this post. I am honestly still not sure where I stand with them as a couple. I think they could have been written well, maybe they still could be, but they weren't, and I'm not sure I have enough faith in the writers - old or new - to make it good. Even if EJ's character doesn't materialize, you know he will at least be mentioned in the story, simply because of how Sami last left. But even Sami alone was like a broken record.

I just watched the Billy Flynn (Chad) interview that was posted somewhere on this board (I closed it already and can't remember the two guys hosting). He talked about being frustrated when the writing strays from the character of a character, and how he tries to guard Chad's character as closely as possible. I appreciate that about him.

All of us will likely disagree as to when the characters of Sami and EJ were betrayed, and even the actors probably had a different vision for their characters. But we can all probably agree that both characters at one point had great potential, and both characters had great falls. I can't do anything about who comes and goes. I just hope that the story isn't too crazy.

Back