A Salemite dies

Not much of a surprise to me. Figured that David either gets very ill, or dies, which is why. perhaps, Valerie is telling Abe she is leaving town, and then her son (with David, and named Eli) arrives.. Lamon Archery (Eli) has indicated he thinks his character arrives around the 23-(maybe 25th, can't remember right now)

Well this makes great sense. NOT. Kill off someone that very few viewers remember, and hope it makes an impact. I will enjoy seeing all the current residents who grew up and had camping trips and such with David, all off screen.

Similar to the trips Brady, Xander and The Sainted Tan one took, which had most of us going, WHAT?!?! But okay.

And just why/how/confusion does Hope get off??

Well, Robin, am guessing since the ISA collected DNA, pics, etc. on the man in the jail cell in Prague, it proves Stefano is alive, Hope did not kill him. All a hoax. An illusion.

As for the body found in the bldg.......random dead person, perhaps dug up from Potters Field, so stolen from the morgue, etc. That body was already proved to not be Stefano, thus the belief (before the trip to Prague) that Stefano could still be alive.

And just why/how/confusion does Hope get off??
Rafe made the comment about how they took Stefano's fingerprints and DNA, so I guess they will have proof that he's alive. Plus the fact that all the Salemites in Prague saw/talked to him. And the Prauge police had him in custody for a hot minute.

So, "only in Salem", I guess this totally nullifies Hope's conviction and prison sentence. :rolleyes:

Actually, I believe Julie had NOT been in touch with David for a while. But, I don't think David ever knew about Valerie having a baby. So.....as Gomer Pyle would say........"surprise, surprise, surprise".

Salem must hold a record for "SURPRISE" children appearing to it's residents.

Daniel had Melanie, Maggie had Daniel & Summer, Kate has Rex, Cassie, and then Austin & Billie(she thought them dead), Victor had Isabella, Bo, Stefano had ALL of his children a surprise, John has Paul, Bo had Chelsea, Roman had Rex & Cassie, Steve is going to have one...Nicole has Holly......and there are probably more in the past...... an overdone plot line......

Last edited:
Yes, she was in touch, via texting and phone calls. She specifically said that to Valerie when they chatted in Horton Town Square one day.

But no, it appears Valerie never told David about having his baby. I'll be curious to see how his birth supposedly falls into their history timeline. Or will it be like Paul and John, where there is literally no way for it to have happened with the timeline we saw onscreen?

I thought that when Steve went to see Shane, Shane was still in prison garb and was in the midst of removing his Stefano make-up. I thought the whole Stefano thing was just Shane and Steve colluding to get Hope off, and out of prison.

According to SOD, and it's interview with Susan Hayes (Julie), she was NOT in touch with David of late, and had said she should call him, but then did not, so takes the news of death very hard.

Back