Abby, why couldn't she have really died?

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Holy cow, good golly Miss Molly, what a friggin mess of a story. Chad loves Abby and he decided to shut Gabi out in order to save their life together. It was clear that he still really does love Abby. And oh how heartbreaking it was to see his heart breaking over being abandoned again. But the kicker is that Jennifer took Thomas for a stroll and now it's Abby who has him. Ugh!!!!!!! I have zero sympathy for Abby.

Yep, Chad can profess his love verbally, on paper, & try for romantic brunches. But it all doesn't mean a thing, when he cannot seem to ignore whatever it is that he supposedly feels for Gabi.

Personally, that garbage about high school baseball is just that, pure made up, ridiculous garbage. But that is the writers making stuff up again.

And Gabi...she is just as bad. She babbles about not wanting to come between her best friend and that friend's husband, but continues to do it, over and over. At the Pub, she could have seen the group thru the door, she did not have to open it, stand with her deer in headlights expression, so she could run off, and know darn well someone would follow.

Dario needs to stop "running into" Abby as well. It is on purpose, amazing how they all know where some is exactly, huh? But then, if Salem consists of just one block long street, isn't hard to find anyone, is it?

I think we need to give "new" Abby a chance. Kate Mansi (ex-Abby) was on Days a long time and the Chad/Abby story was intense, to say the least. I'd like to see both Chad and Abby grow, and hope they find a way to see their connection develop. Any couple going through what this one has experienced this past year would take time to find their way. And I think "new Abby" is doing a good job showing real emotions that someone who has been "through it"would have to deal with, even the uncertainties. Just saying, my opinion only. Some of the writing makes me crazy, but...

I've been a fan of the Chad and Abigail coupling since 2011. I was even really upset when they broke them up just to put Melanie with Chad and have Abigail lust after Austin creepily (seemed to me a lot of people loved the Chad/Melanie pairing). I really enjoyed how they came back together even after her affair with EJ (which I also liked). And I saw even more chemistry between Kate Mansi (ex-Abby) and Billy Flynn (Chad) than I did between her and Casey Jon Deidrick (ex-Chad)--which was a lot.

I like Marci Miller's (Abby) portrayal of the character, but I think the character herself was poorly-written since last year. And I think that's what is at the root of the problem, and why I'm not rooting for them anymore. In addition, Chad doesn't have chemistry with this new Abigail, but he does with Gabi. And while she certainly screwed up with him in 2012 and their "backstory" is contrived and silly, they do have a friendship and were briefly together in the past. I appreciate that she was there for him when he believed that Abigail was dead. And Abigail's behavior as of late has just been downright annoying and wishy-washy. She matches better with Dario. I would like to see Gabi with Chad. After all, they wasted all our time on this storyline already.

Well, we all know that Days seems to operate in another reality altogether. Weather conditions, common sense, the ability to bring people back to life and has the power to stupify anything or anybody that dares to make any kind of sense out of anything that make no sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back