Abby's look

When Kate Mansi was Abby she was on the cutting edge of "young style". New Abby's wardrobe is a mess. There's no comparison to Gabi's style. They're both young and mothers. Why does Abby look dowdy? Ugh.

I have no idea why Abby's "look" is as it is. To tell the truth, not fond of clothes at all on Days, so not just her. No wonder a couple of the female actors would rather wear their own clothes.

I personally feel her makeup could be improved a lot, as can the hairstyles. But...there could be reasons for everything, I guess.

Ah, that's it! You are right.\!

It looks like the show has a new makeup person; it will take a while to get used to the eye techniques. :rolleyes:

I figured she was wearing that because of the fundraiser for Salem High. Abby can't be edgy or too sexy for a kind of event like that.

Though yes I do feel the writers and wardrobe are dressing Abby "Too DiMeray" if that makes sense. Like dressed like some sort of DiMera wife should be, but Kate and Sami never followed whatever guidelines Daphne DiMera may have had lol!

Definitely has that 3rd grade teacher appeal to her. Though yes a pretty girl like Marci Miller (Abby) can go into different wardrobe options. Maybe later on hopefully.

I read an interview with Marci Miller (Abby) and it seems like Abby's current style is following Marci's personal style. She said she loves to wear clothes she buys at thrift stores for a few dollars and that she favors older or vintage styles. I wonder if the wardrobe people sometimes take their styling cues from the person they are dressing (from their personal taste in clothing)?

I actually think her style is pretty consistent with Kate Mansi (ex-Abigail) and I like that Marci Miller (Abigail) dresses a bit more casually. I used to think it was ridiculous that Abigail almost never wore jeans. Now she does. Sami was the same way once she got with EJ.

As an aside, I think one of the show's biggest wardrobe issues is allowing actor input into character wardrobe. Styles that the actor may like in real life do not necessarily translate well on screen.

LOL, and sure, most of American women wear spike heels around the house, when they go shopping, walks in the park. Yes, they are always dressed in their earrings, fancy jewelry and spike heels to wash dishes, watch TV, change diapers, make breakfast/dinner. And especially are always in a short, short dress, and bare legs.........even in mid-winter. Salem definitely has hardy women, who manage to survive the sometimes bitter winters in the midwest, with no warm clothing.
:sarcasm:

LOL, Hey, not being able to cook is something the women seem to brag about....one wonders how the heck they managed to raise their children. Oh, yeah, Caroline was handy, as was Alice. :) Always was amazed they could not even make toast. :)

She has a 1930's look!
She sure does. The way Abigail dresses you'd expect her to appear on the arm of a young Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, Humphrey Bogart, or Cary Grant. She should also be lighting up unfiltered cigarettes, calling her significant other "darling," and saying things that she likes are "swell." That said, my main problem with Abigail isn't her retro look, but where she ends up -- in Jenny's attic or in the arms of sleazy, slimy, repulsive, rancid Dario. After her encounter with the creep yesterday, she should have hustled home for a quick flea dip.

She is a pretty lady but I wish they would stop parting her hair so harshly. Part it down the middle so it doesn't make her forehead so prominent.

And stop putting her hair behind her ear! Sorry, I just hate that look. Slightly covering the top of the ear might be better, but I just truly hate when the characters play with their hair, tucking it behind their ears.

But then I cannot stand long hair parted in the middle in back so can be draped over shoulders. Looks stupid.

At least the younger people dress more realistically. Remember when Hope was dressed like a much older person, when she was teen and early 20's? Now she dresses more like any other woman.

I think in the 1980s everyone dressed older for some reason. My opinion. Look at the Golden Girls. They actually look like old ladies. But when you see shows like "Hot in Cleveland" whom are about the same age just different times, they seem to dress younger but are older.

Back