Abe shooting Brady

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess Abe has forgotten the agony JJ is going through. Was trying to find out when Brady was shot. Several sites say Roman shot Brady, while just as many say Abe shot him.

I finally found a site that had daily summaries from back then, and it was definitely Abe who shot Brady. It was the week of 11/27/2000--12/1/2000. Brady was on the run, because everybody believed he was responsible for Belle's accident (she got her foot stuck in train tracks, but Brady actually saved her, not caused her accident).

The summary I read said Brady was in a diner playing with two little kids and their mom, with water guns. They were pretending to be bad guys and Brady was telling them it was a hold-up. Abe and Roman somehow found out where Brady was. They got to the diner and only saw the woman and kids with their hands in the air and Brady holding what they thought was a real gun. They burst through the door and Roman slipped in some water, falling to the floor, and firing his gun as he did.

Abe thought Brady shot Roman. As Brady swung around, Abe thought he had a real gun in his hand and he shot Brady, which left him paralyzed.

Later summaries say how it brings up emotions from years ago when Abe accidentally shot an 8 year old boy named Larry, and paralyzed him. Years later, Brandon was behind Larry (now a young man) suing Abe (this was before Abe knew Brandon was his son).

So Abe accidentally shot and paralyzed TWO individuals during his police career. He should remember what it felt like. Especially in the case of Brady, who was the son of his good friend, John.

Yes, pretty neat finding that! That was during a time when I was not watching Days - for no reason, life was just busy. lol

I do remember that too Abe did shoot Brady. It was around the time Brady was fresh out of high school, at odd with Marlena, and Marlena was afraid Brady would cause harm to Belle. Brady hated Abe for some time.

I mentioned Brady in my comments on the daily thread for Wednesday. I get that Abe is upset but at some point he needs to reflect on shooting Brady. John, Marlena and Roman were all involved in that storyline so no reason not to bring it up unless they continue to keep the 3 of them isolated to the Will stuff.

I'm not sure Sheri was around in 2000 but I thought Ryan Quan was there for more recent continuity. He's been with the show a long time as well.

It's hard for me to watch Abe being so self righteous about JJ. I understand he is in shock about his son being shot and in a coma, but as the mayor he should recuse himself from the investigation and let the Salem PD Internal Affairs deal with the investigation and potential punishment. As for him firing Hope, this would be a good time to have her file a wrongful termination lawsuit against him and the entire city, because she was following procedure.

Regarding JJ, it really sucks that this happened to him. I wish Theo would wake up and tell Abe he is being ridiculous and that Theo was in fact WRONG in this instance and not JJ. As much as I didn't want to see him break up with Lani, it sure does show his heart is in the right place wanting her to be there for Abe and Theo ahead of himself. That shows a lot of maturity on his part, which in turns shows growth for his character.

dayzfan4life, Theo may not understand or think that he was wrong in not putting down the item that JJ thought was a gun.

After setting the scene for her, I asked my cousin's granddaughter who has Asperger's if she thought she would be wrong if she didn't put the item down that she was holding. Her response was that he said put down a gun, and she didn't have a gun so she would not be wrong in holding on to it. Theo's reasoning may work the same way.

However, she did say that she'd forgive the policeman who shot because he didn't know it wasn't a gun in her hand if he couldn't see it clearly.

Her response was that he said put down a gun, and she didn't have a gun so she would not be wrong in holding on to it.
One of the characters even made that same comment (can't remember which one). They said when JJ told him to "put down the gun", Theo probably thought since he wasn't holding a gun, there was nothing to put down.

It was JJ himself, in going over the verbal scenario, who realized that since it was not a gun, Theo would not have dropped the scanner. JJ then began second guessing himself, saying maybe if he said drop it, or put down your weapon, or something like that.............

Guilt is always our internal dialogue conflicted between reality and the big "what ifs".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back