SPOILER !! Actor cast for role in 2017

Jason47

Reaction score
Lamon Archey to join Days cast in 2017.

15319276_829332930542316_4065930637622964257_n.jpg

Lamon Archey will be joining the cast of "Days of Our Lives" in early 2017. He has appeared in some U/5 roles on "Days" in the past and also played Mason Wilder on "The Young and the Restless" from 2012-2014. He most recently appeared on an episode of "2 Broke Girls." Archey, 35, was born on April 9, 1981 in California.

Look for her son to be connected to the Horton family, and for him to cross paths with Gabi Hernandez (Camila Banus).
Well, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Valerie's son was probably fathered by David Banning (Julie's son).

Oh boy, if he gets involved with Gabi, Julie will blow her top.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out, since it appears to dig into Days' history.

I'm guessing this is Valerie Grant's son.
You mean David Banning's son and Julie's grandson? And Alice's great-great-grandson? Maybe this will finally make Julie stop lamenting Tricky Nicky. LOL

I know we're supposed to ignore ages and stuff, but this should be, at best, Valerie's grandson, given the timing of when she left Salem and the generations that have followed. For him to be involved with Gabi...ick. That will take some selling. And I don't think these writers have the chops.

Why would he be crossing paths with Gabi? I hope that doesn't mean even more backburner time for JJ. On another note, this is where the show is lacking by not building up the 20-30-40 something set. There are too many related people or mismatched couples so that when someone new comes on, they can't be paired up easily without breaking up an existing couple.

If this 35 yr. old guy is "crossing paths" with 21 yr. old. Gabi....well, hmmm. As JasonD noted, ages mean nothing Salem, the writers discard them constantly. Adrienne/Lucas, Victor/Nicole (years ago), & with the SORASing that goes on, Alice, the great, great, great grandmother but only 65 at the time. :sarcasm:

I don't get how Gabi is only 21? In fact I was pretty sure it was known she was a few years older than JJ. For her to go through her history it wouldn't make sense, so someone 35 years old is not an absurd age range for her character.

I take it the whole Lani shocker might be too much for Gabi. It's pretty safe in my opinion to assume it's Lani with the huge hint about Miami. Valerie's son was basically out of the blue just revealed and is David Banning's son to be found out as. Which of course wasn't a shocker considering Valerie was very dismissive of Julie when she arrived in Salem.

I definitely think they are going for a Lani/JJ/Gabi/Valerie's son love way.

After today's episode I believe Valerie's son is named "Eli" from viewing Theo's phone. Theo has seemed to hack into Valerie's phone.

Last edited:
Well, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Valerie's son was probably fathered by David Banning (Julie's son).

Oh boy, if he gets involved with Gabi, Julie will blow her top.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this plays out, since it appears to dig into Days' history.
Hi, I love this site but don't jump in often. Where has David Banning been all these years? Wasn't the storyline when he was a baby way back in the late 1960's? I think I recall David loved Julie but got Susan pregnant and his dad made him marry Susan. David didn't watch their baby one day and he fell off a swing and died. Then Susan went crazy and killed David but Julie was pregnant with his child. So this new line comes from that, right??

We don't know where David and Scotty (his son) have been since they left Salem. David left Salem in 1983. Scotty came back to Salem as an adult in 1989 and left again in 1990.

Yes, Susan and David Martin's son, Dickie Martin, died after falling off a swing. Susan eventually killed David Martin. Then Julie discovered she was pregnant with David's baby after a one night stand. She gave up her baby for adoption (David Martin, Jr.). He was adopted by Scott and Janet Banning and renamed Bradley. Janet Banning died, Scott got involved with Susan Martin, but after a drawn out storyline, eventually married Julie. "Bradley" was renamed David Banning.

Years later, David Banning and Trish Clayton had a teenage hook-up, she got pregnant and had a son. He was named Scotty, after David's adoptive father.

Now it appears that Valerie and David had an encounter and she secretly gave birth to his son, Eli. When and where that encounter happened are not known at this time.

Back