Actor confirmation

I always like to see new blood in Salem to see what stories can come out of it, but my main issue with this is he is going to be a character in an age group that is already heavily male dominated. Rafe, Lucas, Eric, and Brady are already onscreen. Shawn is coming back later this year and Philip may also come back at some point. Who are we going to pair them all up with? Nicole is on her way out, Chloe is coming back, and Belle is returning but are all of these guys going to be vying for just Chloe and Belle? I wish we had some announcements for more women in this age range, and I am not counting Sami since we know she is short term.

One thing, no word yet on if Shawn and Belle are back long term or just for the holidays but other than that a good point. Rafe is with Hope and Lucas (recurring) is with Adrienne. So that still leaves Eric, Brady and this new one and only Chloe known on the female side. My guess is they may not be done casting or as you say it is a bit crowded

Reactions: jgk
You're better than me, Kat. I don't see any balloons............ :)

According to his IMDB page, he made an appearance on Days in 2001 as Signore Christofero. I think it was at Greta's coronation.

He was also in a couple episodes of The Pretender (with Michael T. Weiss, who was teenage Mike Horton) as Ethan, the younger half brother of Jarod and Miss Parker.

He played Genie Francis' (Diana Colville) son on GH for many years. Stephen Nichols (Steve) played his father and apparently they are still close.

Looks like Chad and Abby on the monitor based on the body types and wardrobe. Though I suppose it could also be JJ and a female. I think this is New Year's.

He played Genie Francis' (Diana Colville) son on GH for many years. Stephen Nichols (Steve) played his father and apparently they are still close.

Mostly accurate. Except Stephen Nichols (Patch) played his uncle, Stefan Cassadine. His father is Stavros Cassasine, a rather evil person. Stavros was played most recently by Robert Kelker Kelly (former Bo Brady). He, like Stefano, has died and come back multiple times. Most recently he was frozen to death after trying to have his sperm inseminated into the eggs stored by Laura's daughter Lulu. (Yes, sick).

Oddly Nikolas Cassadine on GH is also a prince.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Stefan was originally the father of Nikolas, then they changed it be Stavros (on General Hospital). I was lightly keeping up with GH back then and I liked his work on there.

It'll be interesting to see if Tyler Christopher is playing an established character like Nicholas Alamain or a Kiriakis son, or if he'll be someone completely new.

He'll be playing yet another Alexander Kiriakis, this one a forgotten son of another forgotten brother of Victor's, Zeus. :sarcasm:

And *off topic* Nikolas' (GH) paternity was Stavros from the get-go, with a brief hinting that Stefan could be the father (he was the "good" brother/cousin, it was retconned a few times) when Stephen Nichols was on GH. This gave him a sympathetic listener in Laura (he had been kind to her when his family held her hostage). You know, that rule about friends I keep talking about. Turns out though they never ended up changing Nik's paternity. LOL :back:

I will say that if Mr Cristopher is playing Nicholas, I want to see Carly and Lawrence back in Salem. Melanie can be erased for all I care, they can arrive in a boat together, happy.

Whoever he's been cast as, it would be great for him to have scenes with Stephen Nichols (Steve) again. Those two had remarkable father/son chemistry on General Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a case (like Melissa Archer (Serena Mason) and Vincent Irizzary (Deimos Kiriakis)) that I would be very upset if they ruin with lousy writing. That being said, my confidence is high that it won't be that way as I have loved Ron C's writing so far.

I loved him on General Hospital. He may be the reason I start watching Days again. I'm interested to see what character he plays.

For those familiar with him and his work, what age group do you think he'll fall into?

He seems too old to be playing in the ducky pond with Ciara, Claire, Theo and Tripp.

Would he fit into Lucas and Rafe's group? Or more with Chad, Abby, Sonny, etc.?

Back