SPOILER !! Actor exit confirmed

Jason47

Reaction score
Soap Opera Digest confirms A Martinez (Eduardo) exit.

The new issue of Soap Opera Digest confirms that A Martinez (Eduardo) will wrap his run on "Days" in early April, when Eduardo is arrested.

That makes sense since the new season of Longmire started filming in January. That gave him about 2 months off in between filming that Netflix show and Days.

I like him much better on Longmire where he is a villain through and through. Every once in a while he'll do some teeny good thing for someone, but always expects something in return.

Oh ok. Also strange as A Martinez (Eduardo) is a very good actor. Unless the decision was his.

Last edited by a moderator:

As Eduardo is taken “off the canvas” on Days, I want to express my gratitude to all who’ve supported him – and me – over the course of these last eighteen months. It’s been an honor to come to Salem on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of a show I have followed and esteemed for more than thirty years.

The work itself has been a consistent pleasure, partly because of the deliciously wounded guy I‘ve been playing, but mostly because of the multitude of excellent people who pass their days in the ongoing labor of love that is the making of this beloved show.

My pleasure in this process has grown steadily over the time I’ve been at it – and it's about to come to a memorably emotional peak in the climactic beats of my pivot away. The scenes of failed atonement with Galen Gering (Rafe), Jordi Vilasuso (Dario), Camila Banus (Gabi) – and Lauren Koslow (Kate) – were among the most wrenching of my life, in the most wonderful way possible.

Two final thoughts: For the record – Eduardo is not dead. If you care about him, you may choose to remember him.

And further, for those who’ve felt disappointed that he hasn’t conformed to their expectations as a "villain” – I’ll just say that it has never once occurred to me to approach him that way. What I most clearly carry in him is the knowledge that he was deeply broken as a boy, and that he has done his level best to recover – ever since. That he has fallen short is regrettable, but not a negation of his humanity. I kinda admire the guy, actually.

Meanwhile, much love to everyone in the Days community, going forward. May we all continue to prosper as best we can, and seek to deal in kindness along the way.

Very classy!!
Class guy and a talented actor who, like many other good performers who appeared on Days, was saddled with an awful character. Who could really like a retired assassin who abandoned two families, chased after Kate, and then then became a major player in Salem organized crime?? Mr. Martinez joins Melissa Archer (the Fred the Elephant-obsessed Serena), Kassie DePaiva (Eve, the mom with a taste for college boys), and True O'Brien (Paige, one of the dullest love interests in Salem history) as quality actors who were never given a chance by the wretched writers.

Back