SPOILER !! Actor exit confirmed

Maybe because she's still taping. It's rare we find out so early, months before they finish taping. Other than Ali Sweeney's (Sami) exit, I think this is the only other time it's happened. Perhaps when she's done taping, people will do some comments.

I wonder if Arianne Zucker (Nicole) just got fed up with the ridiculous storylines she has been given? They are almost insulting to her character, again and again.

Yes. I HAD heard she requested the Nicole/Dr. Jonas hookup, but that could be rumor/speculation. Whatever the case, the show wrote out both Dr. Dan AND Eric, then really messed up Nicole's life. I thought that Ari Zucker (Nicole) wanted to leave after Shawn Christian (Daniel) was gone, but realized she would be subject to breach of contract suit, so stayed on. Am guessing the show got wind of her intention before she gave her official notice. Maybe not. Maybe the writers know she can handle suffering, grief and tears the best, so that is the kind of story written for the character.

The thing is, they would have to be pretty careful in the recast. In the past couple of years, they have not always chosen wisely when it comes to a recast. They can strike gold, and then ...well, I guess one can get a good actor, but not one that fits the part. There are so many excellent actors available, who proved their worth on other soaps....but then, if the writers won't give them decent story.......

Back