Actor gone?

It sounds to me like it really is not a confirmed thing, although signs were pointing to that probability for some time. Usually SOD will have a confirmed source, but Soap Central is not in that position.

If, indeed, it is true, then he undoubtably had a 1 year contract, and it is up. As Heather noted in another thread, there has been no backstage photos of him for several weeks now.

Vincent Irizzary (Deimos) is a really wonderful actor. He and Judi Evans (Adrienne) were a fab couple on GL...bad boy, nice girl......LOL They killed his so popular character off, and then brought him back a while later (fan pressure, I think) as an unknown twin, a writer, who had been sold to a childless couple by the father, unbeknownst to the birth mother, who had been passed out, told she only had 1 child.

LOL, and we think Days gets confusing, or weird. Ha.

Anyway, the two characters were very different, and he did a fantastic job with each...both were good guys. And here he is at Days, playing a bad guy, and I understand whatever soap he was on after GL...was it General Hospital?..he was a bad guy there, too.

It sounds to me like it really is not a confirmed thing, although signs were pointing to that probability for some time. Usually SOD will have a confirmed source, but Soap Central is not in that position.

If, indeed, it is true, then he undoubtably had a 1 year contract, and it is up. As Heather noted in another thread, there has been no backstage photos of him for several weeks now.

Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) started taping in August 2015, so his one year was up last August. The first six months of his second year would be up this week, so the timing works out for his departure in the past week.

I am really hoping that this is not true. I think Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) is such a gifted actor. His portrayal of Deimos is absolutely incredible. The character was so multi-layered. Deimos is a character who is impulsive and makes bad choices, but at the same time, Vincent is able to show Deimos' vulnerable and caring side with Nicole, almost to the point where you think Deimos could redeem himself. This is talent!! If he does leave, I wish him the best. He will be a force in whatever show he joins.

Great actor and the character had a tad bit of potential. That is until they started involving Deimos in outrageous scenarios with other characters that made no sense and made it out of character for others in their interactions with Deimos. Mainly with Victor who was most written out of character in my opinion.

So the spoiler about a veteran actor who is leaving the soap has to be Vincent Irizarry (Deimos).

The thing is...while he is an actor who has appeared on several soaps, was well known on them all, he is not a "veteran" actor of Days. His character, while having huge impact, and lots of story, was only in Salem for maybe 1 1/2 yrs. No different than Summer, Jordan, Serena, who all have made their mark in the soap world, but would not be considered "veteran" actors of Days.

Wording had folks thinking it meant of a particular soap, though. And I know what it said, and the way it was worded, implied the actor was a vet of just one soap. Could have been any of them.

With a new writing team, he and anyone could return, even from the dead.:beat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jgk
With Days, any character can return from the dead. I kind of like that although Shane and Steve faked Stefano's existing, they did put in the story about a picture where Stefano is feeding pigeons, so he could in Days reality, be alive somewhere.

Back