Actor Joe Mascolo (Stefano) died

Such sad news. Since he was battling Alzheimer's for a long time, it is truly remarkable that her continued to perform as well as he did, even to the end of Stefano's days. I always enjoyed watching him play the role.

I agree with this so much! I saw the Dishin' Days with Thaao Penglis (Andre) and Thaao was saying towards the end of Stefano's run he had to prompt Joe a bit and I thought he was just declining quickly, I didn't realize Joe had been dealing with Alzheimer's and still managing to act for so long.

Sounds like Joe was much loved by everyone on the show and will be missed terribly. For me, Stefano was always a favourite, so deliciously evil.

While it is never fair to the other actor, Mr. Mascolo's Stefano is always the character I use as a measure when evaluating a soap villain. I do not care much for one dimensional villains. They bore me and in reality are not realistic. While in one scene you may see Stefano brain washing John yet again, the very next you may see him playing and cooing with his grandkids with pride. In other words a complex character. I think that is why I am liking the character of Deimos Kiriakis as (note I am NOT comparing the actor or character to Mr. Mascolo or Stefano just the style) he too bad depth to him. Looking forward to see if the torch has been passed on.

I don't have profound words or anything but Stefano was always there. From when I was little I would hear my mom talking to the TV, calling him names or some other insult, because he was doing something bad.

The first time I really noticed him was when he spoke Italian on the show. I really liked it because he spoke my language. Later I of course loved to hate him, but I always appreciated how he would slip a little bit of my culture into days.

A true artist. May Joe Mascolo rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

15400473_1325967394101002_3266819264047294381_n.jpg

15327496_1325977880766620_4161137947314576626_n.jpg

How sad.:cry: Stefano the man we all had a love/hate relationship for many years. Joe Mascolo, a master at what he did and a great legacy. There will never be another like him. Mr. Mascolo will be missed by one and all. Just a short memory from the past, Joe Mascolo also played in Jaws 2. R.I.P. Joe Mascolo. My prayers are with his family. ShaSha

Back