SPOILER !! Actor removed from credits today

Jason47

Reaction score
BRANDON BEEMER (Shawn-Douglas) REMOVED FROM CREDITS.

16708497_873966559412286_6268165657507791123_n.jpg

Not technically a spoiler, since this episode has now aired in parts of the country, but just put it in spoiler thread to be safe.

Brandon Beemer (Shawn) was removed from the credits today. No final airdate had ever been announced, so it seems his last appearance was Thursday, February 9. Beemer, who had been let go too early from his contract in 2016, was brought back to finish up his final contract cycle with the show. Martha Madison (Belle) will be appearing this week as Chloe's lawyer before she wraps her stint.

I really hate this! Shawn and Belle are fun, intelligent and loving, and perhaps learning parenting. These stories are even getting to me and I'm aware that I need to "take what I need and leave the rest". So, I will continue watching and hopefully enjoy more of Steve and Kayla, Chad and Abby, Nicole and Holly, and wish for some stability among some of the "regulars(?)". I may have to withdraw some time if Nicole doesn't get Holly! HOPE.

At least they brought him back for Hope's storyline. As much as I love Shawn and Belle, the way Days is going there's no room for them. It's focused more on the Kiriakis family and Hortons lately, hardly any Bradys much other than Eric as of late. I rather see Shawn leave than put in a sloppy storyline that could involve Lani.

The thing is, when you watch a show, any show, there is always.........the good, the bad, and the ugly. Whatever it is, it ends, and something else begins.

The saga of doing something underhanded to get Hope out of prison is over. And while initially, it sounded like a good way, the "twist" soured the deal. However, another "twist" was added...so.......?????

And, I will repeat here.......I don't care what Higley or Quan wrote, what they thought would be terrific........the buck stops on Corday, and Meng. They could have nixed it all. They did not. don't know why. But then, in the past, they could have nixed any character who gets enormous amounts of air time, or their personalty transplants, etc. etc. And they don't. NBC itself is another one.........they constantly interfere in the process....so...............

Another misuse of a legacy character. Once they took poor Shawn out of the Salem P.D. and ended his battles with Belle over what to do about their bratty daughter, the writers left him with nothing much to do. Instead, they foist on the audience such second-rate slimeballs as Eduardo and Dario and the absurd adventures of NuAbigail. These people should wake up to the fact that viewers want to see legacy characters involved in meaningful storylines, not newbies engaged in nonsense.

Newbies could be good, if they are in meaningful storylines, which should have some involvement with legacy characters. If we've got everyone engaged in nonsense, with no meaningful storylines, then the show becomes awful.

I read that Carrie, Austin, and Anna are gone after Thursday.

Yes I posted this in the SOD spoilers for this week. They are gone after this week and I'm guessing Martha Madison (Belle) is gone by Monday since we know the custody case wraps up quickly.

the buck stops on Corday, and Meng

It certainly does which makes it hard for me to have confidence in any writing team for this show. Considering that Ken Corday hired and fired Dena Higley multiple times, I'm guessing he may have given her more creative leeway than in the past. She did an interview in late 2015 in a Facebook group where she specifically spoke about stories for Hope, Rafe and Nicole, all characters we've seen get excessive air time during her regime.

Back